Sports bra

Menda
Menda Member Posts: 128
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Went for my 5 day post surgical check up. Still have drains, but all of the surgical bandaging was removed. I left in a sports bra !!!!!!!!!! It is so
much cooler and lighter. It is the little things in life. Will go to target one day this week to buy another. I am grateful for something as simple as a sports bra.

Comments

• cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    Congratulations!
    Yes, this journey does change your perspective on a number of things, doesn't it?

Glad you're feeling a bit more comfortable, and I'm sure you'll feel even better once they're able to remove your drains.
  • Pinkpower
    Pinkpower Member Posts: 437
    Isn't it funny how such
    Isn't it funny how such little things can make such a difference for us now. Im also glad it helped. I hate wearing bras now and feels so much better in sport bras.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Pinkpower said:

Isn't it funny how such
    Isn't it funny how such little things can make such a difference for us now. Im also glad it helped. I hate wearing bras now and feels so much better in sport bras.

I am into the sports bra .. however what I have
    been looking to purchase is a sport bra that 'fastens' in front .. Does anyone know where I can purchase such an item?

Please let me know ...

Vicki Sam
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    That's all I wear now!

That's all I wear now!
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    VickiSam said:

been looking to purchase is a sport bra that 'fastens' in front .. Does anyone know where I can purchase such an item?

Please let me know ...

Vicki Sam

I thought WalMart sold
    I thought WalMart sold everything. Check JCPenney too. You could go to a bra shop, I mean lingerie. I bought one but forgot where I got it. Probably one of the two places I mentioned but stock changes from store to store.
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    VickiSam said:

Please let me know ...

Vicki Sam

I purchased mine at Sears, i
    I purchased mine at Sears, i found one in the store, and i wanted another one. I ordered the second one on line.
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Hi Menda
    I Love the "Barely There" bras. They have all kinds, but I chose the ones with no underwire and come small, medium, large & extra large (no cup sizes). They have a chart on the bra that tells what size you need. They have padded & unpadded. Over 2 months since my mastectomy and I am still wearing them. Sooooo comfortable.
  • Sally5
    Sally5 Member Posts: 87
    VickiSam said:

Please let me know ...

Vicki Sam

Sports bra...
    Sports bra: I got one (brand: Champion) with a zipper in the front from Kohl's. It is the best.....

I found one with hooks in the front at Target (not as good but a good back up).

Hope this helps.

Take care.
  • Sally5
    Sally5 Member Posts: 87
    Jean 0609 said:

Hi Menda
    I Love the "Barely There" bras. They have all kinds, but I chose the ones with no underwire and come small, medium, large & extra large (no cup sizes). They have a chart on the bra that tells what size you need. They have padded & unpadded. Over 2 months since my mastectomy and I am still wearing them. Sooooo comfortable.

Bras... (new idea)
    Yes I love sports bras, too. (post above)

I am at 8 weeks after surgery. (bilateral with expanders) I finally got a bra that fits my expanders without a wire.
    I was slowly packing up all my underwire bras for Good Will. It was a bit disappointing because I have many; even two fairly new ones... pre breast cancer.

Well, last night I tried cutting out the underwire. I left a little hole but it worked and then it fit.

SAVE YOUR BRAS... :) I ruined one but I have a few that worked.....

**Funny how the little things make us so excited....
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Sally5 said:

Bras... (new idea)

I am at 8 weeks after surgery. (bilateral with expanders) I finally got a bra that fits my expanders without a wire.
    I was slowly packing up all my underwire bras for Good Will. It was a bit disappointing because I have many; even two fairly new ones... pre breast cancer.

Well, last night I tried cutting out the underwire. I left a little hole but it worked and then it fit.

Thank you Miss Sally
    going to run over to Kohl's ..
  • Floridagirl
    Floridagirl Member Posts: 1
    VickiSam said:

Please let me know ...

Vicki Sam

sports bra
    hi vicki I'm new to the discussion boards but FYI I found my sports bras at JC Penny they have front closures with zippers

Floridagirl
  • shelbyhome
    shelbyhome Member Posts: 145
    Sally5 said:

Bras... (new idea)

I am 3 months after my
    I am 3 months after my bilateral with expanders and I have tried so many different bras with little luck except for 1 that was so old but it seems to give me more pading down than up where the expanders are, I did find a sports bra that I like a friend gave it to me and I can't read where it is from but it snaps in the front. I went to get fitted for bras and the lady told me to step into them and it is easier.
    I was going to get rid of all my old bras so I guess I will keep them now!
    It is very funny how all these little things put a smole on our face!!
    The Dr. told me to not wear anything as long as it is comfortable which it is but it limits my wardrobe.