Renee the wonderful

aysemari
aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to take a quick minute and let you know that Renee
did drive me to my mastectomy. She was wonderful company
even came in and waited with me. So a big THANK YOU to Renee.

You guys would have been proud of me. I was so very calm and
just knew in my gut that I was doing the right thing. My surgery
went pretty well. Just had some breathing problems but it got
better. They wanted to keep me an additional night. Then a few
hours into my stay I come to find out I am being charged 90 dollars per
hour. I was out of there in a jiffy. Not what you would call an
honorable discharge, lol.

So now I am home resting. But I justed wanted to let you know
what this wonderful site did for me. And Renee I will pay it
forward.

Hugs,
Ayse

Comments

• MNLynn
    MNLynn Member Posts: 224
    so glad to hear from you
    Glad you're feeling good enough to post and let us know that you're home - but, you know that you're not alone - because all of us are there with you. I am so glad that it worked out for Renee to drive you and be with you some . . . I want to say "thanks" to her for doing that.

Also, thanks, Ayse, for posting on the thread I had about prophylactic surgeries - I definitely have questions that I will be asking my onc tomorrow and my surgeon when I see him later this month. I, also, would rather live without my breasts than have to deal with a recurrence or a new cancer in the future. Are you planning reconstruction? I have decided not to do that for now, it's a decision I can make in the future if I want to.

Hope you are able to REST, REST, REST and recuperate. Wishing you all the best - keep us posted!

♥ Lynn ♥
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Ayse
    Glad you're doing well. It takes time. Take it easy.
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Glad you're home!
    And that you got a new friend out of the experience. Renee must be wonderful, indeed. Now rest up and feel better.

Mimi
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    GREAT news!!!!
    Make sure to spoil yourself, and not overdo!

And, I agree with Chen...whenever I'm asked how someone can pay me back, I say 'by doing the same for someone else'...

Works for me!

Hugs, Kathi
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    What I loved about your
    What I loved about your post, aside from the obvious, is that you will Pay It Forward! I am a big advocate of that, and it is sooo fullfilling! We were all so thrilled when Renee posted about meeting you ( and how lovely you are!) and that she took you to your surgery. YAY! It is the epitome of who we are, and how connected and gracious we are to our fellow Kindred Spirits here on the boards.

Wishing you a speedy, trouble-free recovery~ and I'm glad you were able to save that $90.00 an hour ...OUCH!!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • aysemari
    MNLynn said:

so glad to hear from you
    Glad you're feeling good enough to post and let us know that you're home - but, you know that you're not alone - because all of us are there with you. I am so glad that it worked out for Renee to drive you and be with you some . . . I want to say "thanks" to her for doing that.

Also, thanks, Ayse, for posting on the thread I had about prophylactic surgeries - I definitely have questions that I will be asking my onc tomorrow and my surgeon when I see him later this month. I, also, would rather live without my breasts than have to deal with a recurrence or a new cancer in the future. Are you planning reconstruction? I have decided not to do that for now, it's a decision I can make in the future if I want to.

Hope you are able to REST, REST, REST and recuperate. Wishing you all the best - keep us posted!

♥ Lynn ♥

Lynn I figured
    I don't ever want to feel like I didn't do enough and the first time around
    is your best chance to defeat the best according to my oncologist, so I am
    giving it my all.

I really have to say the pain is quiet manageable and I am ok without my
    breasts, I really didn't shed one tear. I am getting reconstruction done.
    You see I love to dress classy but sexy and cleavage is a must =)

My life goes on and I will stay stylish, last time I checked cancer was
    out of style.

Love,
    Ayse
  • Hubby
    Hubby Member Posts: 325
    Just a very cool story
    Glad your back home and recovering.

This board continues to blow me away with the genuine caring for total strangers. If this meeting and ride were the only outcomes of the 150,000+ posts on the breast cancer board, it would have been worth it, but this board does so much more.

Sometimes I read these posts with recurrences, newly diagnosed, bad side effects, emotional turmoil... and get really sad, but then people post and you can feel the caring in their posts and it's uplifting; then something so simple as giving someone a ride comes along and refills my emotional cup sort of speak.

I don't think I'm explaining this very well, but after a rough chemo crash week for Donna, I needed this simple story of one person helping another.

Hugs,

Bob
  • aysemari
    chenheart said:

What I loved about your
    What I loved about your post, aside from the obvious, is that you will Pay It Forward! I am a big advocate of that, and it is sooo fullfilling! We were all so thrilled when Renee posted about meeting you ( and how lovely you are!) and that she took you to your surgery. YAY! It is the epitome of who we are, and how connected and gracious we are to our fellow Kindred Spirits here on the boards.

Wishing you a speedy, trouble-free recovery~ and I'm glad you were able to save that $90.00 an hour ...OUCH!!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

I know Chen
    this was like a little miracle, I couldn't have asked for a better person
    to accompany me.

And I passed one more grade getting closer to graduating. Then I want
    to help others with the initial surge of anxiety that overcomes one and
    make accompany someone to chemo, however I can help.

I really wish I could meet more of you in person.

Ayse
  • aysemari
    Hubby said:

Just a very cool story
    Glad your back home and recovering.

This board continues to blow me away with the genuine caring for total strangers. If this meeting and ride were the only outcomes of the 150,000+ posts on the breast cancer board, it would have been worth it, but this board does so much more.

Sometimes I read these posts with recurrences, newly diagnosed, bad side effects, emotional turmoil... and get really sad, but then people post and you can feel the caring in their posts and it's uplifting; then something so simple as giving someone a ride comes along and refills my emotional cup sort of speak.

I don't think I'm explaining this very well, but after a rough chemo crash week for Donna, I needed this simple story of one person helping another.

Hugs,

Bob

Bob you really are an outstanding hubby
    You explained yourself very well. It's the little things that we can do
    for each other. And if I recall it correctly you had your part in helping
    me get a ride.

It was really a wonderful feeling to see how caring you guys were, it
    was very empowering really to know you made a difference in my life.

Believe it or not, thanks to you I have fond memories of my mastectomy
    day.

Ayse
  • Christine Louise
    Christine Louise Member Posts: 426 Member
    Hugs to you, Ayse
    So good to hear you are comfortable and so very positive in your attitude! I totally agree about doing all you can do now to get this bc behind you. Take good care of yourself!
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Hi Ayse
    Glad you are home and things went well. You sound like you still have your positive attitude!!! That is definitely a plus. Hang in there, it's all up hill from here. Renee is a wonderful person for driving you. I was really worried when you said you didn't have anyone to take you. Take care of yourself and keep us posted. Hugs :>) Jean
  • QuiltingMama123
    QuiltingMama123 Member Posts: 124
    So glad to hear you are home.
    You are in my thoughts and prayers. Rest and be kind to yourself. I hope you are feeling much better very soon!
  • Scotch Freckles
    Scotch Freckles Member Posts: 273 Member
    Good To Know
    It is so good to know you made it through your surgery AND had help from Renee. I am so glad to know one of us was there to help. Sleep well, get plenty of rest. Best to you, Kathryn
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    So glad you're now resting
    I'm so glad everything worked out well. And that's was so sweet of Renee to be with you. I just think of the verse:

Passage from Hebrews 13:2:

Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

Love that passage...angels all around us!!!

God bless you!

Sylvia
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Ayse,
    I, too, am so glad to see not only that you were well enough to post, but that you did with humor shows how well you are faring.

Take care. Many (gentle) hugs, prayers and positive thoughts.

Sue
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Congratulations on getting
    Congratulations on getting through surgery. Your story is an inspiration to us all, Ayse. You are a wonderful Sister in Pink and I wish you an uneventful recovery! Hugs and blessings to you.
    BL