Sleep?

2»

Comments

• carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

Sleep?
    I use Sleepy Time Tea. Camamil(sp) helps a lot, for me. At least you can get it over the counter. You can sweaten it with a bit of Brandy, for those of you who can tip the bottle, that helps too. Waffle's let us know if you should try the Sleepy Time Tea and if it helps. KAH

hot/cold/hot cold/ all
    hot/cold/hot cold/ all night, but not working yet so i can sleep in. most days. I rest alot
    I am also weaning off ativan, but seem to be better the last month. it just takes me a while to fall asleep. cant have chanomile as i am allergic to ragweed. brandy sounds good though!
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    carkris said:

hot/cold/hot cold/ all
    hot/cold/hot cold/ all night, but not working yet so i can sleep in. most days. I rest alot
    I am also weaning off ativan, but seem to be better the last month. it just takes me a while to fall asleep. cant have chanomile as i am allergic to ragweed. brandy sounds good though!

I bought some Absinthe liquor in Spain....
    You know, the 'green fairy'? From Moulin Rouge?

Killer punch to it!!! (NOW you know the REAL reason I can sleep...ROFLMAO!!!)

Hugs, Kathi
  • waffle8
    waffle8 Member Posts: 234
    KathiM said:

Hugs, Kathi

sleep
    Who needs sleep it is so over rated..lol I have tried the sleepy time but not helpful for me..Thanks...I have been learning alot about buying houses on late nite tv..lol I am so tired some times I get stupid.....But when it gets real bad I take an ativan [running for the shelter of my mothers little helper]...Wishing you all a good nights rest......
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    KathiM said:

Hugs, Kathi

Case Closed KathiM!!
    Thanks for FINALLY confessing! I just knew you couldn't be that much different from the rest of us~ ok, 2 cancers, dancing on a bar, topless at the beach, traveling the known world, etc etc. Maybe you are that different, after all! But the "green fairy" admission...ah ha! That clears things up for me, anyway! LOL

Hugs,
    Chen♥

PS And don't think I didn't notice that oh no~ you didn't buy your "sleeping aid" at BevMo or Costco; you got yours in SPAIN! hahahahahahaha!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • KathiM
    chenheart said:

Case Closed KathiM!!
    Thanks for FINALLY confessing! I just knew you couldn't be that much different from the rest of us~ ok, 2 cancers, dancing on a bar, topless at the beach, traveling the known world, etc etc. Maybe you are that different, after all! But the "green fairy" admission...ah ha! That clears things up for me, anyway! LOL

Hugs,
    Chen♥

PS And don't think I didn't notice that oh no~ you didn't buy your "sleeping aid" at BevMo or Costco; you got yours in SPAIN! hahahahahahaha!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

You caught me....
    Just don't tell the Dutch police...it's illegal in many countries!!!!

I DID have a time with it in the airport...the bottle ended up in my carry-on...a bit more than 1-oz that's allowed...

The security guy said "Well, shall I just dump it then?" I almost said "Yes, go ahead"...but then looked at his face...he was licking his lips, and his eyes were glowing! He more than likely would 'dump it' into a glass at his house...

There was a happy ending, tho...my beau asked if I could check the bag...the guy, with disappointment clearly in his voice said "Yes, but you must go around again!"

So, the 'green fairy' made it home with us, no trouble...want to come and share some with me????

Hugs, Kathi
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    KathiM said:

You caught me....
    Just don't tell the Dutch police...it's illegal in many countries!!!!

I DID have a time with it in the airport...the bottle ended up in my carry-on...a bit more than 1-oz that's allowed...

The security guy said "Well, shall I just dump it then?" I almost said "Yes, go ahead"...but then looked at his face...he was licking his lips, and his eyes were glowing! He more than likely would 'dump it' into a glass at his house...

There was a happy ending, tho...my beau asked if I could check the bag...the guy, with disappointment clearly in his voice said "Yes, but you must go around again!"

So, the 'green fairy' made it home with us, no trouble...want to come and share some with me????

Hugs, Kathi

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder!
    Being that Le Fee Verte (sp?) is not made with sugar, it is actually not considered liquor per se, but a Spirit! Fitting that Kindred Spirits should be planning on sharing a sip or two! LOL

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • KathiM
    chenheart said:

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder!
    Being that Le Fee Verte (sp?) is not made with sugar, it is actually not considered liquor per se, but a Spirit! Fitting that Kindred Spirits should be planning on sharing a sip or two! LOL

Hugs,
    Chen♥

I was schooled in the drinking of it:
    (You know, I can't just experience it...I MUST do research...lol...at a swap meet, we found the glasses and the spoons...can order the sugar cubes over the Internet...ROFL!)

Pour an ounce into a glass with an hourglass shape.

With an Absinthe spoon (yes, Virgina, it's a special one with a hook to stay on the glass, and it's got holes in it), place a sugar cube (special, with a mold of a fairy or dragon) on the spoon, and sloooooooowly drip water over it, melting it into the glass (and so, the Absinthe). Stir the result with the spoon to get the last bit of sugar sweetness. Then SIP, very small sips, very, very slowly.

Soon, you, too will see the fairy!!! Or at least the back of your eyelids. It was a favorite drink of many famous artists, including Van Gogh!

Now, the bar in Barcelona can always tell if it's your first time. It will be ordered flaming. Which, of course, burns off the alcohol (or at least some of it...this stuff is 50-70% alcohol).

Hugs, Kathi
  • ppurdin
    ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181 Member
    Sleep.
    I hardly ever have a night of sleep unless I take something.Last night I was up untill 3.00 this morning.And I took a sleeping pill.Its ruff I know.My doctor didn,t seem real concerned.She just said to keep taking sleeping pills.Good luck.