Over 65

GrandmaMir
GrandmaMir Member Posts: 21 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I'm just wondering how many of you are over 65 - like myself.

Comments

• Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Close
    Not til next June 25.
  • pie
    pie Member Posts: 19
    over 65
    I will be 67 in 2 days. I never thought I'd be visiting cancer doctors on any of my birthdays. I hope that we can have many more and that they will be cancer free.
  • Skeezie
    Skeezie Member Posts: 586 Member
    pie said:

over 65
    I will be 67 in 2 days. I never thought I'd be visiting cancer doctors on any of my birthdays. I hope that we can have many more and that they will be cancer free.

I'm 67 and just can't believe it!
    How did I get to this age? Still feel like the regular me, don't feel any different than I ever did, still laugh at the same stuff, sunshine looks the same...then I look at a picture taken a while ago and it's a great reminder. What a hoot!

Hugs, Judy :-)
  • SamuraiMom
    SamuraiMom Member Posts: 295
    xxoo
    I will be in 25 years ;) but my aunt is 74 and is a recent breast cancer survivor!

xxoo,
    SamuraiMom
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    You are not alone. I turned
    You are not alone. I turned 67 this past January, Was diagnosed at age 66, There are more than a few of us. :)
  • waffle8
    waffle8 Member Posts: 234
    65?
    Does it count if you feel 65?
  • GrandmaMir
    GrandmaMir Member Posts: 21 Member
    My Age
    Since all who answered have told their age, now I must tell mine. I'm 72! I'm thankful that I didn't get breast cancer until now!
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988

My Age
    Since all who answered have told their age, now I must tell mine. I'm 72! I'm thankful that I didn't get breast cancer until now!

GrandMir, I have always been told that age is just a number, so my turning 67 in September is going to just mean a change in how I answer a questionaire when I fill out a survey. Age is something that you should be proud of, and you look wonderful at age 72. My children always get a kick out of telling someone how old I am, but I always remind them that their age is moving up the scale, just like mine. Hugs, Judy
  • Scotch Freckles
    Scotch Freckles Member Posts: 273 Member
    Does Hubby count?
    My hubby turned 69 on 7/13. I need another 4.6 yrs and time seems to be going by quicker. I'm not in too big of a hurry to collect SS, which probably won't be there when I do.
  • b7pima
    b7pima Member Posts: 16
    me

me
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member

GrandMir, I have always been told that age is just a number, so my turning 67 in September is going to just mean a change in how I answer a questionaire when I fill out a survey. Age is something that you should be proud of, and you look wonderful at age 72. My children always get a kick out of telling someone how old I am, but I always remind them that their age is moving up the scale, just like mine. Hugs, Judy

I used to stay in trouble
    I used to stay in trouble with Nama (Daddy's Mom) because I would tell people how old she was if asked.

By appearance, she could pass for in her 60's well into her 90's! She was VERY active in Church, Star, political party, and the Pink Ladies at the hospital until the last few weeks. Daddy used to get assked "Why do you let Anna so so much? She'll kill herself, she does too much!" His standeard answer was "How can I stop her? If I could - that would kill her. She's lived a long healthy life and if she's happy doing all she does - that's all that matters!"

Susan (The 'Bad' Grandaughter - well really the only one LOL)
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    b7pima said:

me

me

I must look old from all the chemo and hormones .. I am far
    from 65 .. another 23 years .. but someone (76 year old man), stated that I had a nice granddaughter (my daughter - just turned 18 years old) .. truth be told, she look 13 years of age ..tiny size 0, may 2 on a wet day .. blond - very little make up.

Age is just a number - and I have met many BEAUTIFUL women in their late 50's and 60's that look better than I do .. right now. ..

the wrinkles, and spotting facial skin from chemo ... has really aged me.

Vain in California , Vicki Sam
  • EdnaM
    EdnaM Member Posts: 30
    Turned 71 June 27 - BC mastectomy April 21, maybe it's aged me but I'm not going to
    admit it to anyone. Age is just a number, we'll perk along for another ??? years.
  • m_azingrace
    m_azingrace Member Posts: 399
    EdnaM said:

Turned 71 June 27 - BC mastectomy April 21, maybe it's aged me but I'm not going to
    admit it to anyone. Age is just a number, we'll perk along for another ??? years.

My birthday is this month...
    I'll be 68 in about 2 weeks. Except for the cancer, I'm in very good health...no heart disease, diabetes, high BP or any number of the problems that many of you must endure in addition to the cancer. God has blessed me! Hugs to you all. Gracie