Surviving BC is now helping family

Pinkpower
Pinkpower Member Posts: 437
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Grateful that my experience is now helping other family members. A month ago my husbands only sister was dx with Pancreatic cancer stage 4, she is only 41. She lives in Chicago, we live in Florida. My husband is now giving his mom really good advise as the caregiver on what needs to be done when it comes to doctor appts, etc.. and how she can help take care of her daughter. Last wk my closest cousin told me she has found something wrong in her right breast. She sd because of me, she has not lost 1 minute in getting it checked out. Today was her biopsy. Hope and pray all went well. Either way, she said that because of me, she is hopefull she will survive. She said she is proud of me and looks up to me (we are the same age)and that if she is dx with BC, she too will fight hard and survive.
Thanks to my cousin Eve.. today I feel greatful and to my young brother, today I feel happy, he just gve me the news I'm going to be an Auntie again. :o)

Comments

• Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    You help others here too.
    You help others here too. Your cyber family.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Marcia527 said:

You help others here too.
    You help others here too. Your cyber family.

the circle widens, like
    the circle widens, like ripples when you throw a pebble into the water. Its not always the cards you are dealt its the way you play them and you are playing them well and being an inspiration to all.
  • Balentine
    Balentine Member Posts: 393
    carkris said:

the circle widens, like
    the circle widens, like ripples when you throw a pebble into the water. Its not always the cards you are dealt its the way you play them and you are playing them well and being an inspiration to all.

Well said Carkris
    What a beautiful way to sum it all up. Here is another way....

Suffering carves deep the river of compassion within our hearts. Hence we can become wounded healers.

Thanks Carkris!
    Lorrie
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Awesome!
    From such a difficult experience, you use it to reach out and help others! I think after going through this, we just feel compelled to do that.

Congrats on being an Auntie...how special that is :)

Blessings to you!

Sylvia