Do you like the Luminaria I made for us???

Comments

• RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    AWWWWW!
    Chen that is so beautiful, thank you for honoring us in such a touching way!

Hugs,

RE
  • Dawne.Hope
    Dawne.Hope Member Posts: 823
    TraciInLA said:

Let the 50-foot woman rise again!
    Claudia, this is just beautiful -- *almost* as beautiful as the picture of you and Siobhan.

But I've also been missing the 50-foot woman, and thinking that her spirit may be needed right now by all of us!

Traci

love it! Smiled when I saw
    love it! Smiled when I saw it, simply beautiful.

Thank you for thinking of us!

And I agree with Traci, let the 50ft woman rise!
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    I LOVE it!!!!
    Thanks, Chen, for all that you do for us!!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    chenheart said:

Stef!
    I was just about to

Stef!

I was just about to write to you! I have missed you so much~ have you been gone from the boards, or have I just been missing your posts?

Hugs,
    Chen♥

I have been reading the
    I have been reading the posts but not putting in my two cents. I have been deeply affected by so many of my sisters having recurrences and mets. Yours hit me especially hard. I am glad though that this is shared with us. We need to see that there can be long term remissions and that it can come back too. There is no point in living in denial that this disease has a mind of its own. We gather courage, strength, love etc from each other. And you dear heart has always been one of the our greatest supporters. It is now our turn to give you the love, support, encouragement that you have always given to us. I am years out from uterine cancer (more than 10) and bladder (more than 5) and breast (almost 2) but I don't deceive myself that this means that it can't return. I just choose not to worry about it unless it does and seeing how you and many others are dealing with this is something that I put in my arsenal should I need to do battle again. I have you solidly in my prayers and I hope that you and all the others (with new cancers, recurrences and mets) are able to fight this disease and put it down. I love this board and all my family here and I want nothing more than to hear that each and everyone is dancing with NED. Your luminaria makes me think of that song This Little Light of Mine. My heart is with you dear Chen.
    Stef
  • cruf
    cruf Member Posts: 908
    KathiM said:

I LOVE it!!!!
    Thanks, Chen, for all that you do for us!!!

Hugs, Kathi

Luminaria
    Maybe there is something wrong with me but I don't/didn't get to see the Luminaria. I hit refresh and nothing happened! Please help me!!! HUGS!!! Cathy
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Yes, and thanks.

Yes, and thanks.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    cruf said:

Luminaria
    Maybe there is something wrong with me but I don't/didn't get to see the Luminaria. I hit refresh and nothing happened! Please help me!!! HUGS!!! Cathy

Hmmmmm...it is also my
    Hmmmmm...it is also my avatar right now, so maybe you can see it now? I hope so!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • CHERYL 4
    CHERYL 4 Member Posts: 75 Member
    Marcia527 said:

Yes, and thanks.

Yes, and thanks.

THKS
    THKS CHEN UR SO SPECIAL IM PRAYING FOR A SPEEDY RECOVERY FOR U
  • cruf
    cruf Member Posts: 908
    CHERYL 4 said:

THKS
    THKS CHEN UR SO SPECIAL IM PRAYING FOR A SPEEDY RECOVERY FOR U

Luminaria
    I see you and Sibohen, no Luminaria! :( Cathy
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    It's beautiful,
    but I think it's time for those long legs to come back and STOMP the beast!

Sue
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Chen
    I love it. How did you make it? How big is it? Is there a candle behind it or a light? I'm just so nosey.
  • QuiltingMama123
    QuiltingMama123 Member Posts: 124
    Love it!
    How cool is that! Thanks for sharing!
  • florist
    florist Member Posts: 45

Love it!
    How cool is that! Thanks for sharing!

Love it Chen!

Love it Chen!
  • ppurdin
    ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181 Member
    Hi Chen.
    Thank you so much.We are proud to have you on our boards representing us.Thanks again,we love ya bunches. PPurdin.
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    I don't see it either, but
    I don't see it either, but it sounds wonderful. Thanks for thinking of us.
    BL
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    Thank you!
    I think that light I see shining through is your spirit!

I'm so glad you kept us all with you on that very special occasion.
  • jennytwist
    jennytwist Member Posts: 896

Thank you!
    I think that light I see shining through is your spirit!

I'm so glad you kept us all with you on that very special occasion.

Thanks!
    for keeping us all so close - I can always feel gentle, warm love from your very special heart!
    -Jenny
  • chenheart
    cruf said:

Luminaria
    I see you and Sibohen, no Luminaria! :( Cathy

I don't know what to tell
    I don't know what to tell you, Cruf~ Siobhan and I haven't been there since Sunday AM when I changed it to the Luminaria! Can anyone help Cruf????
  • chenheart
    laurissa said:

Chen
    I love it. How did you make it? How big is it? Is there a candle behind it or a light? I'm just so nosey.

Laurissa,
    These white bags are sold ( undecorated) at the Relay For Life events. They are the size of lunch bags~ and they can then be docorated anyway one likes, and then turned back in to the Luminaria Table where they are lovingly alphabetized ( by first name) and lined around the track. Siobhan and I have been going to the Relay for 7 years, so we take our own markers, stickers, scissors and decorate away!No waiting, no one wanting the purple marker etc etc. We have our own! LOL

Volunteers then put sand in the bottom of each bag ( and there are hundreds of them!) and put tea lights in each one. When the sun goes down, the tea lights are lit, and 2 volunteers clearly and deliberately read aloud each and every name. An arrangement of lighted luminarias lines the stadium seating and spells out the word HOPE...so awesome!

But what I love most of all is that the volunteers make sure that ALL NIGHT LONG, no tea light in any luminaria goes out~ they lovingly tend the luminarias and make sure no ones flame is extinguished. I think that truly speaks volumes not about who they are, but even more about who WE are~ real people whose lights are never extinguished, no matter what.

I hope that answered your question! I know I get carried away! LOL

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Skeezie
    Skeezie Member Posts: 586 Member

Thanks!
    for keeping us all so close - I can always feel gentle, warm love from your very special heart!
    -Jenny

Thank you, it's beautiful.
    I love it. Also your picture, but I'm ready for the 50' woman to make a visit again too.

You are truly our leader..

Hugs, Judy :-)