excited and scared as hell

tjohnson2310
tjohnson2310 Member Posts: 168 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I will be starting chemo soon(Taxol). I am excited about getting the ball rolling with treatment but scared as hell at the same time. Is this normal?

Comments

• Absolutely
    indeed.

Know that the prayers of many of us and even strangers are with you as you begin this journey.

You are not alone.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

Absolutely
    indeed.

Know that the prayers of many of us and even strangers are with you as you begin this journey.

You are not alone.

Best of luck for you, and please keep us updated
    so many women have so much to offer with regards to side efforts (if you have any) - protien enriched foods, and fatigue and stress guides.

Vicki Sam
  • webbwife50
    webbwife50 Member Posts: 394
    Taxol
    The sooner you get started the sooner you'll be done. Taxol was pretty rough on me, but thats just me and it was doable in any case. All my best to you!
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

Taxol
    The sooner you get started the sooner you'll be done. Taxol was pretty rough on me, but thats just me and it was doable in any case. All my best to you!

your feelings are very
    your feelings are very normal. want to fight this disease but apprehensive about the treatment. I did poorly on chemo but taxol was better. I was not allergic, but I did get the rash all over my face. alert them if you are getting weakness or numb feelings in hands and feet.
  • Pinkpower
    Pinkpower Member Posts: 437
    The first one is always the
    The first one is always the hardest, I think. It's the unknown that scares us, then everything else that comes with the treatments are manageable either with meds or healthy diet.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Pinkpower said:

The first one is always the
    The first one is always the hardest, I think. It's the unknown that scares us, then everything else that comes with the treatments are manageable either with meds or healthy diet.

and even though for me it
    and even though for me it was hard I did it and so will you !
  • ppurdin
    ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181 Member
    Chemo
    You will have it done soon.And it will be wonderful to have this step done.It is doable,keep us posted on how your doing.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    I have been a labor and
    I have been a labor and birth coach for eons~ and a baby is a welcome addition for most couples, and the 10 week course I teach prepares them for this amazing experience as much as possible...it is a natural, normal, and oftentimes planned part of the lives of 2 people! And yet...much as they want this child, much as the woman is sooo tired of carrying him/her and all that accompanies a pregnancy~ when the water breaks, and /or they have way more than Braxton-Hicks contractions and are on their way to the hospital for the Real Deal~ are they excited??? YES!!!! Are they scared??? YES!!!!

Well, sweet sister, there is nothing normal or natural about cancer! And yet, of course you want to get this ball rolling and be on your way to Life After Cancer! So, excited and scared???? Of course you are! I thought the first one was the worst; I cried like a baby! It made it all too real somehow! Even more so than the surgery for some odd reason. But 3 weeks later, not that I was complacent, but I felt oddly comforted knowing that what was soon to be coursing through my veins was not just doing battle with the beast, but killing it! And that made it all worth it!

So feel your feelings~ they are all valid and worthy!

Hugs,
    Chen♥