Don'tcha just hate when

sbmly53
sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
they change your favorite products? Ran out of shampoo - ran to the store - Changed!!! Ugh!
Went thrugh this with pantyhose, eyeliner - spent $$$ trying to find a replacement for that one...

What have they changed on you??

Sue

Comments

• sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Shampoo!
    I used to love the way the Dove Pro-age shampoo made my hair feel (it came in a burgundy bottle), and now...it's MIA! Literally no where to be found except on the internet? Weird! I checked to see if it had been recalled due to something being wrong with it but no, it hadn't.

Anywho...missin' my shampoo **sniff**

sea60
  • sea60 said:

Shampoo!
    I used to love the way the Dove Pro-age shampoo made my hair feel (it came in a burgundy bottle), and now...it's MIA! Literally no where to be found except on the internet? Weird! I checked to see if it had been recalled due to something being wrong with it but no, it hadn't.

sea60

shampoo?
    I haven't used shampoo in months.
  • sbmly53
    sea60 said:

Shampoo!

sea60

Dove! That's what I'm missing!
    Only I loved the Intense Therapy in the Blue bottle. My hair never felt so good. I've been 'scouting', looking for the last of it here and there, found a few bottles at a grocery store, but no conditioner. I might resort to eBay!

Sue
  • sbmly53

shampoo?
    I haven't used shampoo in months.

You will! And soon.
    Sue
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Clinique Apricot Lipgloss
    It was the perfect shade for me--I have (excuse me, had!) reddish brown hair and it was a perfect color gloss. Of course--now it's gone. Oh well, there are about a million other glosses out there!

Renee
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    missrenee said:

Clinique Apricot Lipgloss
    It was the perfect shade for me--I have (excuse me, had!) reddish brown hair and it was a perfect color gloss. Of course--now it's gone. Oh well, there are about a million other glosses out there!

Renee

Deodorant & pudding
    I spent most of my downtime while on chemo in front of my computer -- when I wasn't here on this board, I was scouring the web looking for any remaining Secret Platinum Soft Solid on this (or any other) planet -- my girlfriend's favorite deodorant, which P&G no longer makes.

Why did I do this? Because Jell-o Devil's Food pudding mix has disappeared from Southern California...so my girlfriend orders me a case of it every Christmas from some place in New Jersey. I'm not kidding -- apparently, people in New Jersey have better taste in pudding than people in California, because Jell-o still makes it, but no one in California wants it! The shipping costs are more than the pudding itself!

Traci
    (sitting here happily with a closet full of pudding mix)
  • MNLynn
    MNLynn Member Posts: 224
    Bath & Body
    They quit making my "Tangerine Spice" stuff . . . I was so bummed!
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    After-sun lotion....
    They added Aloe to my fav....

I am EXTREMELY allergic to Aloe...

Sigh...it did make me find another solution...lol...SPF50 lotion for 'before sun'!!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    I am missing part of my
    I am missing part of my right breast, my youth has simply vanished, I wonder where my sanity is on most days, I can't seem to find my sense of fairness, I lost my body to gravity, and I don't have any idea where my "natural" hair color went!

I went to Ebay, to Amazon, a few yard sales, and even Craigslist, but nope! Nothing I lost is evidently replaceable! What's up with that??? Oh well, I guess I will just follow the road map which used to be my smooth, wrinkle-free face and see where it leads me!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • heidijez
    heidijez Member Posts: 441
    chenheart said:

I am missing part of my
    I am missing part of my right breast, my youth has simply vanished, I wonder where my sanity is on most days, I can't seem to find my sense of fairness, I lost my body to gravity, and I don't have any idea where my "natural" hair color went!

I went to Ebay, to Amazon, a few yard sales, and even Craigslist, but nope! Nothing I lost is evidently replaceable! What's up with that??? Oh well, I guess I will just follow the road map which used to be my smooth, wrinkle-free face and see where it leads me!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

i can always count on you to make me smile
    chen, you are an amazing woman!
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    chenheart said:

I am missing part of my

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Well, Chen, at least you
    Well, Chen, at least you aren't missing your sense of humor. I also lost the same stuff as you. Maybe they are together. I also lost my ovaries, uterus and cervix along my gallbladder (you forgot that). What I would prefer to be missing is about 70 lbs but wouldn't you know that would be sticking with me. LOL If your find any of your stuff see if mine is travelling with it.
    Stef
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    fauxma said:

Well, Chen, at least you
    Well, Chen, at least you aren't missing your sense of humor. I also lost the same stuff as you. Maybe they are together. I also lost my ovaries, uterus and cervix along my gallbladder (you forgot that). What I would prefer to be missing is about 70 lbs but wouldn't you know that would be sticking with me. LOL If your find any of your stuff see if mine is travelling with it.
    Stef

"Funny" thing about the
    "Funny" thing about the gallbladder~ you might recall how I did the Revlon 5K just 4 days after surgery. And that my Dr was not 100% supportive of that idea, etc etc. It is so odd to me that in hindsight, there never was anything wrong with my gallbladder! It didn't need removal, as the pain etc was entirely due to liver mets! As they say, who knew???
    I guess what blows me away is that I did the Revlon 5K, and a week later the Making Strides against BC 5K at Fess Parker's vineyard, all the while being so happy the offending gallbladder was gone! And it of course turns out I did both of those 5Ks with liver mets...it is just hard to explain how I feel knowing that! I feel like part of a Shakespeare play and just want to yell "Out, damn spot!"

And about other things I have lost, why is it the things we WANT to lose stay put? I have tried more than once to LMAO. Everytime I turn around, or glance in the mirror, my *A* is still there. Another conspiracy! Seems you can't laugh it off afterall!

Hugs Stef! Your post meant more to me than you know. I can truly feel the pain the news of my recurrance has caused so many of my long-time friends. That having been said, the outpouring of love and concern has really kept my spirits up on the days when I don't feel so brave. Yours especially today...thank you for writing.

Hugs good friend,
    Chen♥
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    fauxma said:

Well, Chen, at least you
    Stef

Chen .. I agree with your sentiments ...
    we can replace .. material items - may not be the same, sight or smell - however, we can never replace a missing finger, leg or boob. Yes, I know that we can cover a missing body part with clothing, or porosities - but deep down in our heart and head we know it's missing.

What I find hard to replace is my sense of humor, and zest for life that my breast cancer has sucked out of me. Yes, I occasionally see it here or there, but it appears to come and go . never sticking around for long.

Stuck in the mudd :-)))

Vicki Sam
  • Pinkpower
    Pinkpower Member Posts: 437
    chenheart said:

I am missing part of my

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Cheri... you made me laugh!
    Chen... you made me laugh! That was great.