Christmas Girl & lynn 1950: Together in my Chicago backyard!

Christmas Girl
Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Lynn (lynn 1950) is a native/former Chicagoan, now lives very far away & has for many years. I'm a native Chicagoan - born, raised, still live in the city (not the suburbs!), probably always will. Lynn was here last week along with her daughter, who was attending a conference. Even with a busy schedule (her/their, not mine!) - we managed to spend a few precious hours together on her very last day here (Sat., July 10th), after her daughter departed. A few phone calls, and a whirlwind of trips to/from the airport - to get Lynn to my home, my neighborhood, and back to catch her return flight. Very, very, VERY well worth the effort - indeed!!! Lynn is lovely, sweet, so kind-hearted (which I already knew), and... tiny! To share with all, I've added a photo (thanks to my husband, Bob) of us to my "About Me" page - within Expressions.

Love ya, Lynn!!! :-)

Kindest regards, Susan xo

Comments

• sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Checked it out -
    Great pic and must have been great fun!

Sue
  • Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    Awesome picture!
    And the best thing is... neither of you got arrested! (ducks and runs)
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Chicago - The Trip
    It was the most fun - visiting my old hometown with my 17 year-old daughter. I got to show her my old haunts and meet with friends from elementary and high school. We looked. We ate. We laughed.

We went to the Art Institute, Field Museum, Museum of Science and Industry, the LP Zoo, and Navy Pier and we wore our heels down walking around the Loop and rubbernecking the art and architecture. The day before we left, an old friend took us down to the Southside to my old neighborhood (and it looked really good). This was the place I couldn't wait to leave???!!?

We ate Giordano's Pizza, Russian Teatime and lots of Thai and tacos. And then the icing...

On the day of departure, Bob and Susan picked me up, took me to their home (beautiful inside and out, just like their owners), and fed me. The time literally flew by; it was time for me to fly home.

So, thank you Susan for making our meeting happen. It was so good to see your beautiful garden and your beautiful face.

xoxoxo Lynn
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    lynn1950 said:

Chicago - The Trip
    It was the most fun - visiting my old hometown with my 17 year-old daughter. I got to show her my old haunts and meet with friends from elementary and high school. We looked. We ate. We laughed.

We went to the Art Institute, Field Museum, Museum of Science and Industry, the LP Zoo, and Navy Pier and we wore our heels down walking around the Loop and rubbernecking the art and architecture. The day before we left, an old friend took us down to the Southside to my old neighborhood (and it looked really good). This was the place I couldn't wait to leave???!!?

We ate Giordano's Pizza, Russian Teatime and lots of Thai and tacos. And then the icing...

On the day of departure, Bob and Susan picked me up, took me to their home (beautiful inside and out, just like their owners), and fed me. The time literally flew by; it was time for me to fly home.

So, thank you Susan for making our meeting happen. It was so good to see your beautiful garden and your beautiful face.

xoxoxo Lynn

awesome
    I am glad you both met and had a good time.

Margo
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

awesome
    I am glad you both met and had a good time.

Margo

so nice the friendships you
    so nice the friendships you form on this site! glad you had a great time. See newbies life goes on!
    margo do you like your new job or should I say location?
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    carkris said:

so nice the friendships you
    so nice the friendships you form on this site! glad you had a great time. See newbies life goes on!
    margo do you like your new job or should I say location?

Such a wonderful friendship .. thank you for taking
    the time and sharing it with us!

Vicki Sam