Here we go again

eric38
eric38 Member Posts: 583
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
In the process of getting screened for my new clinical trial they discovered that I have new liver lesions and in addition, metastasis to the lungs. I have 3 new liver lesions for a total of seven and I have 4 small lung lesions that are on both sides. I always try to have an upbeat attitude and my mood has been pretty good but sometimes it just gets so hard. This one has just knocked the wind out of my sails. I'm also starting to feel sicker and that effects your attitude too. There is still hope for me and I know many people here have it in their lungs but I haven't had any treatments for 2 months while they decided what to do with me and this just proves that the cancer is growing fast. I hope this new treatment can stop this mess or at least hold it off for a while. I'd like to have some time to feel better again even if it's a short while but this may be as good as it is going to get for me. I still believe in God and miracles but I am discouraged and wondering if a my miracle is going to come. I have to be prepared for the probable outcome but sometimes people beat the odds. Lots of prayers or good vibes would be well appreciated. New treatment on Mon. Pray that it works.

Comments

• herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Prayers
    The day I was diagnosed with cancer, was the day I got back in touch with the Supreme Being. It had been a while since I had a good long talk with Him.
    Saying that, I want you to know, that I once again believe in the power of prayer, and I will be saying some might strong ones for you!!!!
    Holding your cyber hand and patting you on the back, we're standing with you, praying for the best.
    Winter Marie
  • kathybd
    kathybd Member Posts: 126
    Eric
    Just wanted to tell you, I will be praying for you. My husband has Stage 4 colon cancer with mets to liver and lungs and I just finished chemo last Nov for stage 1 endometrial cancer. Life is such a rollercoaster. You sound like such a strong person. Keep in mind all the people on this board that care for you and will help you get through this. I wish you strength, peace and fortitude as you face this next challenge in your life.

Thoughts and positive vibes, as well as prayers will be coming your way!
    Kathy
  • kathybd
    kathybd Member Posts: 126
    Eric sorry for the double entry...guess it showed I meant what I
    Just wanted to tell you, I will be praying for you. My husband has Stage 4 colon cancer with mets to liver and lungs and I just finished chemo last Nov for stage 1 endometrial cancer. Life is such a rollercoaster. You sound like such a strong person. Keep in mind all the people on this board that care for you and will help you get through this. I wish you strength, peace and fortitude as you face this next challenge in your life.

Thoughts and positive vibes, as well as prayers will be coming your way!
    Kathy
  • amyb15
    amyb15 Member Posts: 109 Member
    ERIC:
    I am sorry to hear

ERIC:
    I am sorry to hear that your news wasn't what you'd hoped it would be. My sister Brenda3_16 has cc with mets to liver and lungs. She was dx in 3/09. She has been on chemo the whole time/ Surgery is not an option for her at this point, but she continues to work full time, exercise and do all of things she has always. Of course we are hoping and praying that there might be surgery or even a procedure available to her one day. Try not to get too discouraged. There are always new treatments and trials coming out. You never know what can happen. My sisters PA told her that Avastan has only been FDA approved for a few years and now it is one of the most effective and most widely used drugs for cc. Never lose hope. You still might get your mircle. You will be in my prayers.
    Amy
  • thready
    thready Member Posts: 474
    Prayers etc
    Eric
    Just wanted you to know that Dan and I are praying etc for you. If you need anything just pm and we will be there.

Jan
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Eric,
    I am so sorry that

Eric,

I am so sorry that this news isn't what you wanted to hear. You are a strong person, + this next treatment may be just the ticket you need for the NED train. My thoughts + hopes for good results are with you.
  • Brenda3.16
    Brenda3.16 Member Posts: 209
    AnneCan said:

Eric,
    I am so sorry that

Eric,

I am so sorry that this news isn't what you wanted to hear. You are a strong person, + this next treatment may be just the ticket you need for the NED train. My thoughts + hopes for good results are with you.

Eric, I am sorry to hear
    Eric, I am sorry to hear about your news. Like you I try to be upbeat most of the time and live my life as normally as possible, but at times it is really hard not to get discouraged. As my sister posted above amyb15, I have had liver ane lung mets since dx in march of 2009. I still feel really good most of the time. I am saying a pray for you right now. Brenda
  • anneacres
    anneacres Member Posts: 16

Eric, I am sorry to hear
    Eric, I am sorry to hear about your news. Like you I try to be upbeat most of the time and live my life as normally as possible, but at times it is really hard not to get discouraged. As my sister posted above amyb15, I have had liver ane lung mets since dx in march of 2009. I still feel really good most of the time. I am saying a pray for you right now. Brenda

I am praying for you
    Eric I am sorry about the news you received-you are in my prayers sending positive thoughts your way.

Annie
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Praying
    Oh, Eric.

I don't know if you realize it or not, but you are one of my favorite people on this board. You are such a positive and happy person, and it hurts my heart very much to know this news about you. I pray all the time, and you have been in my prayers, but I'll step it up a bit.

I know you're discouraged right now. Who wouldn't be? But miracles do happen, and you are just as much entitled to one as anyone else. Don't give up!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Eric
    Eric,
    Sorry about this news. Prayers are coming your way. I hope and prayer this new treatment stops and shrinks the cancer. Praying for peace for you too.

Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • Aud
    Aud Member Posts: 479 Member
    Oh, dear Eric...
    ...you are in my thoughts and prayers. Holding you in the Light for hope, healing, strength, and peace.
    ~Audrey
  • idlehunters
    idlehunters Member Posts: 1,787 Member
    Aud said:

Oh, dear Eric...
    ...you are in my thoughts and prayers. Holding you in the Light for hope, healing, strength, and peace.
    ~Audrey

ERIC.... ERIC....ERIC!!!!!
    Dude...you know my case but I'm gonna give ya a quick refresher...... 4 LIVER mets and 15+ LUNG mets.. all shapes and sizes..... treatment (with the man upstairs leading) killed em all... NED 7 months. YES...OH YES... it can and DOES happen. YOU keep the faith and I will keep the vibes flowin your way. You know I just had a recurrance..2 active mets in lungs.BUT...NOW (and I am screaming that word) I am have many other options available because surgery is NOW an additional treatment. Please don't get discouraged. You will be fine

Love ya my friend

Jen
  • coolvdub
    coolvdub Member Posts: 408 Member

Dude...you know my case but I'm gonna give ya a quick refresher...... 4 LIVER mets and 15+ LUNG mets.. all shapes and sizes..... treatment (with the man upstairs leading) killed em all... NED 7 months. YES...OH YES... it can and DOES happen. YOU keep the faith and I will keep the vibes flowin your way. You know I just had a recurrance..2 active mets in lungs.BUT...NOW (and I am screaming that word) I am have many other options available because surgery is NOW an additional treatment. Please don't get discouraged. You will be fine

Love ya my friend

Jen

Darn it
    Eric,

Wow, what a set back. But as others have already said. Miracles do happen, and a positive outlook can work wonders. I know it can be rough dealing with all of this when it seems to go from bad to worse. Just try and regroup so you can battle this unforgiving beast. I know you can beat this, and am praying for you. I wish you well and am sending good vibes your way.

Don
  • eric38

Love ya my friend

Jen

I humbly bow to the semicolons
    Thanks to all for the support. Tootsie - I am so glad you think highly of me. I think you are pretty darn cool too.
    Jen - you are the first person I thought about when I saw my report today. You are an inspiration. You went from being a blubbering mess when you were diagnosed to being an inspiration for others. I sure hope I feel better before colonpalooza so we can tear the roof off that place. Of course, with all the people there that have colon problems, it wouldn't take much effort to BLOW the roof off the place. They thought the oil spill was a crisis. Wait until colonpalooza hits Ft. Worth!
  • eric38

Love ya my friend

Jen

Sorry for the double post- too clicky
    Thanks to all for the support. Tootsie - I am so glad you think highly of me. I think you are pretty darn cool too.
    Jen - you are the first person I thought about when I saw my report today. You are an inspiration. You went from being a blubbering mess when you were diagnosed to being an inspiration for others. I sure hope I feel better before colonpalooza so we can tear the roof off that place. Of course, with all the people there that have colon problems, it wouldn't take much effort to BLOW the roof off the place. They thought the oil spill was a crisis. Wait until colonpalooza hits Ft. Worth!
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Eric
    Hi Eric,

Man, oh, man. Yes, getting news like this does knock the wind out the sails. I'm sorry. BUT you are starting the trial, so that will hopefully knock it all back down. I went through a time back in Feb and March when I went without any treatment for a while after I had already had a bad scan, so I was really scared waiting that additional time. I started on it & my first follow up scan after starting on the new treatment (Gemzar (gemcitabine), Xeloda, & Avastin) showed things as stable- basically the same as my scan before. I was hoping for better, but at least it had stopped any new growth. That was the beg. of May & now my next scan will be in August. Meanwhile, my CEA (which has been reliable for me) has been dropping. It was 44 last time it was checked 3 wks ago & I get it checked again Wed. I'm counting on the dropping CEA as a good sign & that my scan will show reduction in tumors- we shall see.
    I just want to encourage you that there still could be something out there for you that will knock it back!
    Keep Gemzar as something to consider, as it does seem to be doing ok w/ me & the side effects are pretty minimal (at least compared to oxy and irinotecan). What is the clinical trial you're starting?

Eric, knowing you're a believer- you can believe I'm praying for you!

Take care,
    Lisa
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    I'm keeping you on my 'top' list, dear Eric!!!
    The special names...every night!!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • Sonia32
    Sonia32 Member Posts: 1,071 Member
    Eric
    You and everyone on this board are such an inspiration to me. I was talking to big brother Craig yesterday, and we were talking about our online family. I was telling him how unique it is, and there is none other like it out there in cyber world. There might be but I haven't come across it. What am I trying to say is, you have the support and prayers from me and all your online family, and I will be praying that the new drugs work on you fast! So as you know already, you are not on your own.

Hugs
  • Jaylo969
    Jaylo969 Member Posts: 824 Member
    Eric
    I do believe in miracles and I will be praying that your new treatment works. Lots of good vibes being sent your way.

-Pat