Say a Little Prayer

padee6339
padee6339 Member Posts: 763
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Over this past weekend I experienced twinges in my breast where I had the lumpectomy. It has been itching for a couple of months now and the doctor's didn't think much of it except to brush it off saying that the nerves are reconnecting and its natural. Ok, I understand that. But I woke up this morning and the breast hurts. All I have to do is move my arm and it hurts. I had an appointment with my oncologist on Friday, but moved it up to this afternoon. My PCP dropped my insurance and I was hoping to get by until January when a new insurance plan will kick in, and he had written referrals to the Oncologist to carry me over until then, but not for the Mammogram. I am hoping they will accept one from my Oncologist, if it gets that far.

But for right now I'm in the petrified mode again. Having to do this alone is so scary.

Please pray its nothing.

Pat

Comments

• Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Hi Pat
    Sending a prayer your way!
  • padee6339
    Jean 0609 said:

Hi Pat
    Sending a prayer your way!

Thank
    Thank you Jean - I am sitting here trying to hold back tears, praying there is nothing wrong. Maybe I bumpted it or something.
    Pat
  • sgamtd
    sgamtd Member Posts: 124
    Hi, Pat, sending hugs and
    Hi, Pat, sending hugs and prayers your way, it seems to be a never ending worry once we have had that darn b/c diagnosis. Petrified is a good description of the feeling we get when a new worry crops up.
    Hang in there, I have the weird, the tingly, the annoying, the hurting feelings all the time on the lumpectomy side, I was told up to 3 years of this could be normal, I am sure the oncologist can order and get approval for all that is needed, including diagnostic mammograms/ultradounds during the rest of your insurance year, and good luck on getting a new PCP in 2011.
    Hug,
    sgamtd
  • padee6339
    sgamtd said:

Hi, Pat, sending hugs and prayers your way, it seems to be a never ending worry once we have had that darn b/c diagnosis. Petrified is a good description of the feeling we get when a new worry crops up.
    Hang in there, I have the weird, the tingly, the annoying, the hurting feelings all the time on the lumpectomy side, I was told up to 3 years of this could be normal, I am sure the oncologist can order and get approval for all that is needed, including diagnostic mammograms/ultradounds during the rest of your insurance year, and good luck on getting a new PCP in 2011.
    Hug,
    sgamtd

Thanks
    I know its probably nothing, but you are right - the doubt is always there. I will post tomorrow and tell everyone I'm ok. (positive thinking)
    Pat
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Of course!
    Hoping it turns out to be "nothing"... I think it's very normal for these sorts of things to be scary for us. But, please try hard to hang on & get through it. Take a deep breath. And keep us posted.

Kind regards, Susan
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    sgamtd said:

Hug,
    sgamtd

Hoping it's just "normal" pain, like mine
    I have achiness a lot on the side where my surgery was most extensive (I had lumpectomies on both sides, a little over a year ago). My 3-month mammogram was all clear, and, like sgamtd, my surgeon told me that this could continue for years. While pain is never "good" news, I'm hoping that it's also "normal" pain for you.

Traci
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

Of course!
    Hoping it turns out to be "nothing"... I think it's very normal for these sorts of things to be scary for us. But, please try hard to hang on & get through it. Take a deep breath. And keep us posted.

Kind regards, Susan

Hoping and Praying it is good news for you ..
    Please contact your doctor, in an effort of putting your mind and body at ease. I hope it is all good news ..

Vicki Sam
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Hi Pat I;m praying
    Hi Pat I;m praying everything is ok. Please let us know. I understand your concern. that seems to happen to us after BC.
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Praying for you
    Pat, It's pretty normal to experience all kinds of weird pains. After 4 years, I still do! We all know that feeling of having to go and get re-checked and the dread that comes along with it. I pray that God gives you a peace far greater than the human mind can conceive. I also pray that the insurance all works out.

I will also pray that you find someone there with you that can help you. We're ALL here for you in spirit. We love you and are praying for you.

Blessings,

Sylvia