Another chapter, sorry sisters, but gotta get the support somehow

lolad
lolad Member Posts: 670
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Im still angry, but im going to talk to god in a little while about it and see what he sends me as an answer. So no more talking about that crap in this chapter. The weekend was finally awesome for me. I went to an I have wings foundation thingy on friday afternoon. Its the foundation im going to be doing the secret angel project with. Its local here in Cincinnati area and Kentucky. So me my daughter my boys and two nieces went to this farm in kentucky where they were holding the event. It was nothing big, but such an awesome time. I met Janet, the founder of i have wings and that was so inspiring. She is 11 years out of survival and has built this foundation on her own and they help so many families and those who are diagnosed. So, theme of this outing was garden of peace. They had a bunch of rocks there and they told us to pick one. We then painted these rocks and it was just an amazing time with my kids and nieces. My one niece painted hers orange and put lbcf (laura breast cancer free). My rock is full of words like fighter, hope, blessed, survior has a butterfly and breast cancer signs. Im not trying to brag, but i love it. Megan, my daughter made hers to say that my mom is a survivor and did the bc sign. Zachs was all painted for his favorite sports team, the bengals haha!! How awesome is that? Totally fine, it was about giving us something to gain peace with. Something that makes us happy. They gave me six different pink types of day lillies, so we are going to plant them and put the rocks around the flowers. Its all about having a peaceful spot to go to. We came up with the idea to continue the rock painting to have in our garden, like one for my sister who passed away four years ago and maybe one just full of colors, heck, ill probably end up with a peace wall! lol. Who knows, i just know it was so relaxing and the kids were so into it and i was so happy to finally have them all sitting with me at one time. It was just great, well until one lady who is on a committee asked my daughter Megan if she was 15. Oh, no she didnt just ask that! Meg just turned 12, and im surprised her eyes arent stuck in the air yet!! You mothers know, the eye rolling thing. OMG! No, i didnt get mad at the lady i laughed and she was seriously shocked. Just makes me even more nervous about Megan and her growing up too fast and more mature for her age. But, she really had no choice with all the stuff we have been through. She just thought it was great someone thought she was 15. Thats ok, Brandon her brother who is 16 and 6ft 2 is on her and helps with me on keeping her straight. God bless them all!! I dont know what id do without them. Ok, almost done, i think. Not only am i forming a team for the walking in strides bc walk that is in october, i am doing one August 7 that the i have wings is doing. This one is going to be a lot easier than the october one though. Well, once again ive rambled. I hope that at least one read through it all. I just dont have alot of people to share all this with. I cant just keep sharing and telling my kids everything. And you all know what its like. God Bless You all
laura

Comments

• Flakey_Flake
    Flakey_Flake Member Posts: 130
    Laura,
    Are we related

Laura,

Are we related somehow? I, too, am a rambler. When I write to someone, it is like I am writing to myself, and just trying to exmplain to me what is going on with me. I love it, but I have found that alot of people find me somehow ... irritating. I don't know quite how to explain it. I am always the one with TMI (Too Much Information) But to me the information is important to the conclusion. At least to me.

Laura, I think we are like two different people woven from the same cloth. Okay, a well used metaphor, but it fits. Your's was one of the best posts I've read, because I can follow your train of thought. I am so amazed at this! A happy day, kids along, into something you can share, something you can continue with. So many thoughts in one post! Please post more. And you actually tell us how you feel about what happened. Like, right down to your heart!

Love ya sis!

Sharon
  • lolad
    lolad Member Posts: 670

Laura,
    Are we related

Laura,

Are we related somehow? I, too, am a rambler. When I write to someone, it is like I am writing to myself, and just trying to exmplain to me what is going on with me. I love it, but I have found that alot of people find me somehow ... irritating. I don't know quite how to explain it. I am always the one with TMI (Too Much Information) But to me the information is important to the conclusion. At least to me.

Laura, I think we are like two different people woven from the same cloth. Okay, a well used metaphor, but it fits. Your's was one of the best posts I've read, because I can follow your train of thought. I am so amazed at this! A happy day, kids along, into something you can share, something you can continue with. So many thoughts in one post! Please post more. And you actually tell us how you feel about what happened. Like, right down to your heart!

Love ya sis!

Sharon

Thank you so much Sharon.
    Thank you so much Sharon. My posting and writing is how i just get it all out. Im glad i found someone like me. I get the feeling that most skip over my post because they are long. But, i just love sharing and helping and expressing myself here.

Take care
    Laura
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    lolad said:

Thank you so much Sharon.
    Thank you so much Sharon. My posting and writing is how i just get it all out. Im glad i found someone like me. I get the feeling that most skip over my post because they are long. But, i just love sharing and helping and expressing myself here.

Take care
    Laura

You would be surprised!
    Most of us read thru every bit of posts, even if we don't respond...I know I do...

There is a poster on my other cancer's board (colorectal) that can fill a page, but the reading is important, just like yours!!!

If you must know, I don't post as often as I could because I sometimes feel like I make others feel bad with all of my travels, and good news, and the like...

I just celebrated 5 years on rectal cancer, 4 years on breast cancer, cancer free, at least so far...

Keep posting, dearheart! It's grand to hear from you!!!!

BIG hugs, Kathi
  • waffle8
    waffle8 Member Posts: 234
    KathiM said:

You would be surprised!
    Most of us read thru every bit of posts, even if we don't respond...I know I do...

There is a poster on my other cancer's board (colorectal) that can fill a page, but the reading is important, just like yours!!!

If you must know, I don't post as often as I could because I sometimes feel like I make others feel bad with all of my travels, and good news, and the like...

I just celebrated 5 years on rectal cancer, 4 years on breast cancer, cancer free, at least so far...

Keep posting, dearheart! It's grand to hear from you!!!!

BIG hugs, Kathi

posting!
    I talk like you write...It always sounds good to me..lol.....I think the rock painting...Rocks......
  • Pinkpower
    Pinkpower Member Posts: 437
    We all ramble on sometimes..
    We all ramble on sometimes.. But we do read it all. Thanks for sharing. It really helps us to see we are not alone.