Word from Shortscake

Flakey_Flake
Flakey_Flake Member Posts: 130
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
We've all wondered how Shortscake was doing. I emailed her when I read last post wondering where she was. Today I received an email back. I don't know any more details than what is here, and hope **** is well as can be expected.

"sorry i have not posted in a while i was in the hospital for 3 days got a bad cough and lungs are clear so they wanted to make sure i didnt have a blood clot and i dont my chemo i am takeing now is in pill form i am hopeing that is a good thing. i have a doctor appt on 7/9/09 and i have a lot of questions for him for the last 2days i have not been able to keep anything down and i just want to sleep all the time and not want to eat. but other then that i am doing just fine...lol...well about to fall asleep tell everyone i said hi and will try to post soon.love you all girl power..."

Sounds like the beast is pounding hard on her. I will email her back and send her our love and compassion. I am sure she will post when she feels up to it. I guess in the mean time all we can do is pray.

Sharon

Comments

• laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Thanks Sharon
    I'm sorry she's not feeling well. I sure hope she gets better soon. I know she'll post when she can.
  • Cat64
    Cat64 Member Posts: 1,192
    Sharon
    Thank You for posting the update on Shortscake. Please let her know she is in our thoughts & prayers and we are hoping she feels better real soon!
    ♥ Cat
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Cat64 said:

Sharon
    Thank You for posting the update on Shortscake. Please let her know she is in our thoughts & prayers and we are hoping she feels better real soon!
    ♥ Cat

Thanks Sharon! She is
    Thanks Sharon! She is really having a hard time. Praying for her!

Hugs, Leeza
  • Balentine
    Balentine Member Posts: 393
    jnl said:

Thanks Sharon! She is
    Thanks Sharon! She is really having a hard time. Praying for her!

Hugs, Leeza

Sending prayers her way
    I will be praying for a speedy recovery for her and hope that she gets stronger each day and comes out of this well and healthy. God bless.
    Lorrie
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Thank you so very much for
    Thank you so very much for letting us know how our sweet Shortscake is. I am glad you had her address, and that she got back to you.
    We hold her close in our hearts, and of course hope she responds to the oral meds and can find relief.

She is such an inspiration! We know she has gone through so much, and is still battling the beast~ her determination and good spirits shine through regardless.

Thanks again!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    chenheart said:

Thank you so very much for
    Thank you so very much for letting us know how our sweet Shortscake is. I am glad you had her address, and that she got back to you.
    We hold her close in our hearts, and of course hope she responds to the oral meds and can find relief.

She is such an inspiration! We know she has gone through so much, and is still battling the beast~ her determination and good spirits shine through regardless.

Thanks again!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Thank you Sharon for
    Thank you Sharon for emailing her and for letting us know.

That was so kind of you!

That lil Girl Power has really had a rough time, but, she always looked on the bright side of everything.

Never known anyone like her that had so much on their plate.

Praying for you shortscake!

Hugs!
  • MGNS
    MGNS Member Posts: 197 Member
    Thank you for letting us
    Thank you for letting us know about our dear friend and sister. I will be praying for her daily. She is a strong woman and an inspiration to all of us.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    MGNS said:

Thank you for letting us
    Thank you for letting us know about our dear friend and sister. I will be praying for her daily. She is a strong woman and an inspiration to all of us.

Thanks for the update .. Sharon
    I'll keep her in my prayers.

Vicki Sam
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    VickiSam said:

Thanks for the update .. Sharon
    I'll keep her in my prayers.

Vicki Sam

thank you for the update She
    thank you for the update She is such a love I am sorry she is having such a hard time. Must be hot in Georgia too. send her our love and will keep praying for her.
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    carkris said:

thank you for the update She
    thank you for the update She is such a love I am sorry she is having such a hard time. Must be hot in Georgia too. send her our love and will keep praying for her.

Yes, thanks for the update.
    Yes, thanks for the update. I am glad she replied to you. Praying for her daily!
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    Thank you Sharon
    Like so many others here I have been thinking a lot about dear Shortscake and hoping and praying that she was OK. Sounds like she is still fighting the good fight, and though her body must be tired it seems like her strong positive spirit remains undaunted.

Sending continuing love, prayers, and Girl Power to Shortscake!
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member

Thank you Sharon
    Like so many others here I have been thinking a lot about dear Shortscake and hoping and praying that she was OK. Sounds like she is still fighting the good fight, and though her body must be tired it seems like her strong positive spirit remains undaunted.

Sending continuing love, prayers, and Girl Power to Shortscake!

Thanks for the update!
    It does sound like she is really having a terrible time. Praying for her!

Hugs, Jan
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294

Thanks for the update!
    It does sound like she is really having a terrible time. Praying for her!

Hugs, Jan

Sharon
    Thanks. I hope she will be able to post herself.
  • Flakey_Flake
    Flakey_Flake Member Posts: 130
    Happy to help. I invited
    Happy to help. I invited her as a friend is the only way I had her address. So she must be checking the board, just too whipped to make much of a response. I hope she is checking and knows how loved and admired she is by her pink sisters.

I emailed her back, and told her she should just rest and build up her strength. Sometimes I just wish I could take some of her load; but I guess that is up to Jesus. And Lord knows, she's had way more than I think one person deserves. All we can do is keep praying.

Love to you all!

Sharon
  • ppurdin
    ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181 Member
    Shortcake.
    Thank you for letting us know.I will pray for her. PPurdin.
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Thanks for the update,
    Thanks for the update, Sharon. One of the first things I checked on when I signed on this morning was how is Shortscake doing. I'm sorry to hear that she continues to have such a tough time. She is one tough lady. Girl Power back at you Shortscake!! Post when you can.
  • mariam_11_09
    mariam_11_09 Member Posts: 691 Member
    Thanks for posting the news
    Thanks for posting the news from Shortcakes. Sorry she is not feeling well and it has been hard on her. Please give her our love and tell her she is in our thoughts and prayers.
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000

Thanks for posting the news
    Thanks for posting the news from Shortcakes. Sorry she is not feeling well and it has been hard on her. Please give her our love and tell her she is in our thoughts and prayers.

Thank you for letting us
    Thank you for letting us know! So sorry she still is not doing well.

Keeping her in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs, Megan
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Megan M said:

Thank you for letting us
    Thank you for letting us know! So sorry she still is not doing well.

Keeping her in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs, Megan

Oh, thank you Sharon for
    Oh, thank you Sharon for contacting her and posting this. I sent her a PM, but, haven't heard back, which is fine.

I pray for shortscake every night. She was going through so much, that it just wasn't fair.

If you hear anymore, please post. And, thanks again.

Sue :)
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member

Happy to help. I invited
    Happy to help. I invited her as a friend is the only way I had her address. So she must be checking the board, just too whipped to make much of a response. I hope she is checking and knows how loved and admired she is by her pink sisters.

I emailed her back, and told her she should just rest and build up her strength. Sometimes I just wish I could take some of her load; but I guess that is up to Jesus. And Lord knows, she's had way more than I think one person deserves. All we can do is keep praying.

Love to you all!

Sharon

I hope she'll be back with her pink sister soon
    Can't wait to read her posts again.

Miss you shortscake

Ayse