Kidney mass

Akiss4me
Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi everyone! I am fullfilling my promise of checking in monthly. Wow, a good bit has happened since last month!
My third attempt at finding a drug that will agree with me has failed once again. So my Onc has decided I should take the Tamoxifen rather than nothing at all. The Aremidex and Femara just didn't agree with me and it became a matter of quality of life over quantity of life issue. I am back on a 30 day reprive before starting Tamoxifen again.
Also, in the meantime, I went to my PCP to follow up on the blood in my urine (Onc's request that PCP watch, as she is in another State) and the flank pain I have been having. Blood still in urine, so we did abdominal CT scan. Mind you, I have been complaining of pain in my 'LEFT' side, but they found a 2.1 cm mass on my 'RIGHT' kidney. Which of course doesn't explain my left sided pain. Unless my left kidney is working overtime and is complaining! LOL
I am waiting Monday to hear what my next step will be. Looking back, I had alot of the classic symptoms but had attributed them to menopause symptoms. Back pain, fatique, raising BP, night sweats....the only symptom not related was the blood in urine (but trust me, I could explain that away too easy!).
I am bumming out now and of course in a mad search for info, just as I was when I was diagnosed with my BC in the beginning (that is how I found all of you!). Just the fact that the term 'mass' (solid) was used as opposed to 'cyst' (fluid filled) concerns me. I know without a biopsy, it doesn't mean cancer, but we have all been there, and you know I am preparing for the worst.
Anyone have this? (You knew that question was coming!).
Sending hugs and hope!
Pammy

Comments

• CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    I am so glad that you wrote
    I am so glad that you wrote as I have been thinking about you and praying for you. Please let us know what happens. Hopefully, it is a benign something or other!
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

I am so glad that you wrote as I have been thinking about you and praying for you. Please let us know what happens. Hopefully, it is a benign something or other!

Best wishes and cyber hugs coming your way
    You have a great attitude, and that will help in your search for information and the best possible treatment plans, and doctors.

Bless you .. and keep on LOL.

Vicki Sam
  • Balentine
    Balentine Member Posts: 393
    VickiSam said:

Best wishes and cyber hugs coming your way
    You have a great attitude, and that will help in your search for information and the best possible treatment plans, and doctors.

Bless you .. and keep on LOL.

Vicki Sam

Sending prayers your way
    Know that I will be praying for you as I am sure all of us will be that this turns out to just be benign. I know the waiting is the hardest thing. Let us know what their plan of action is when you find out and receive the grace and peace of God which passes all understanding. God bless you and your family.
    Lorrie
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    I am about to confuse you
    I am about to confuse you and probably shouldn't say anything...but I always open my mouth and insert foot. Way back when I was diagnosed in 2003 they did all those tests to see where the cancer was and I seem to remember something about my liver or kidney but it wasn't cancer so they ignored it. I wasn't having symptoms tho. It was something benign. I don't think it would help you for me to dig out the paperwork to see what they called it. But I had somethin.
  • Akiss4me

Thanks!
    Prayers are welcome and I am always floating out there in cyber space....probably why you were thinking of me (I went swooshing by you!) LOL
    Pammy
  • Akiss4me
    Marcia527 said:

I am about to confuse you
    I am about to confuse you and probably shouldn't say anything...but I always open my mouth and insert foot. Way back when I was diagnosed in 2003 they did all those tests to see where the cancer was and I seem to remember something about my liver or kidney but it wasn't cancer so they ignored it. I wasn't having symptoms tho. It was something benign. I don't think it would help you for me to dig out the paperwork to see what they called it. But I had somethin.

LOL....
    Marcia.....I hope I just have 'something' that can be ignored! Thanks for reminding me of that possibility! How are you? I miss talking to everyone....
    Pammy
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Akiss4me said:

LOL....
    Marcia.....I hope I just have 'something' that can be ignored! Thanks for reminding me of that possibility! How are you? I miss talking to everyone....
    Pammy

I dont have that. but I do
    I dont have that. but I do know that they told me , on scans you get lots of false positives the older you get. hoping thats what it is.
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    carkris said:

I dont have that. but I do
    I dont have that. but I do know that they told me , on scans you get lots of false positives the older you get. hoping thats what it is.

Scans
    very often give false positives. They probably will do more urology nephrology specific tests. Wishing you that it will be nothing serious and will keep you in my prayers.
    Hugs,
    New Flower
  • Dawne.Hope
    Dawne.Hope Member Posts: 823

Scans
    very often give false positives. They probably will do more urology nephrology specific tests. Wishing you that it will be nothing serious and will keep you in my prayers.
    Hugs,
    New Flower

Good grief, Pammy. Enough
    Good grief, Pammy. Enough is enough. Praying for a good report. Please keep us updated.

Big hugs,
    dh
  • jk1952
    jk1952 Member Posts: 613

Good grief, Pammy. Enough
    Good grief, Pammy. Enough is enough. Praying for a good report. Please keep us updated.

Big hugs,
    dh

Also hoping that it's
    Also hoping that it's something that can be ignored. Praying that the doctor will determine what it is quickly!

Joyce
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    jk1952 said:

Also hoping that it's
    Also hoping that it's something that can be ignored. Praying that the doctor will determine what it is quickly!

Joyce

Expecting a much shorter post next time!
    Pammy, just wanted to say how good it is to see you here, but I wish your last month had been much less eventful.

Listen up, girl -- next month, I expect a MUCH shorter post, something along the lines of: "Mass was nothing to worry about, doing great on Tamoxifen, enjoying the summer, wish you were here."

Got that?

:-) Traci
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Sigh....I don't know much
    Sigh....I don't know much about organized religion, but I am hoping that Kidney Mass is some sort of church ritual.

If not, I am right now sending you love, hugs, positive thoughts, good vibrations, courage, strength, and more than that, HOPE that whatever it is, is nothing at all!

Love you, girl!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Akiss4me
    TraciInLA said:

Expecting a much shorter post next time!
    Pammy, just wanted to say how good it is to see you here, but I wish your last month had been much less eventful.

Listen up, girl -- next month, I expect a MUCH shorter post, something along the lines of: "Mass was nothing to worry about, doing great on Tamoxifen, enjoying the summer, wish you were here."

Got that?

:-) Traci

LOL....Got it!
    I'll make it even shorter. How about "what Traci said..."!! I hope I get more answers soon. They reported it as a 'low density mass or a high density cyst'.....nothing like covering all the bases on that explanation!
    Pammy
  • Akiss4me
    chenheart said:

Sigh....I don't know much about organized religion, but I am hoping that Kidney Mass is some sort of church ritual.

If not, I am right now sending you love, hugs, positive thoughts, good vibrations, courage, strength, and more than that, HOPE that whatever it is, is nothing at all!

Love you, girl!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

hmmmm.....
    Thanks Chen. I think either way it would involve a higher power, so I will keep absorbing all the good vibrations being sent my way! "Good, good, good, goooood vibrations...." (love that song!).
    Pammy
  • lolad
    lolad Member Posts: 670
    chenheart said:

Love you, girl!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

What do you say
    Except that enough is enough! I am so angry right now! I am so sorry you have to be going through this waiting, wondering, and hoping that it will be nothing again. Im am so pissed that so many wonderful people that i met on this site and helped me so much are having to endure another fight and battle even though they fought their hardest and won the first time. I dont have much of a family on the outside and considered this my family and support. Its just so unfair that more and more are once again having to prepare themselves and fight through another war. The scary thing about it to me is, if my test on my liver and kidneys come back bad again, i know what ill be facing. I shouldnt ramble like this on your post. Im sorry. You are such an angel and special person pammy. Im so so so sad for you and all my other sisters going through it again. Its just not right!! Ok, ill go post my own thread. You know me, im a novelist!! I love you pammmy. You are my sister, my friend and so kind. You have made me laugh so many times on this board! Oh, hell go get you four scoops of ice cream and make sure to add hot fudge, whip creme and nuts (if your not allergic of course)lol!! I wish i could give you a hug in person, im doing through here.
    Praying for you
    laura
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    I will keep you in my
    I will keep you in my prayers tonight Pammy. You have lots of Sisters in Pink who are thinking of you and wishing well. Keep us posted.
    BL
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Good gosh!!!
    Will be hoping, hoping, hoping that whatever it is or isn't - it is most definitely benign. That's the word you're gonna give us, Pammy. And as soon as possible. Those will be my continual positive thoughts... In the meantime - sending cyber hugs, friend.

Kindest regards, Susan
  • terri805
    terri805 Member Posts: 122

Good gosh!!!
    Will be hoping, hoping, hoping that whatever it is or isn't - it is most definitely benign. That's the word you're gonna give us, Pammy. And as soon as possible. Those will be my continual positive thoughts... In the meantime - sending cyber hugs, friend.

Kindest regards, Susan

prayers for you
    Pammy I will be praying for you to get good news. It makes my tummy whirl when I think of the anxiety of it all that you must be feeling. Best of luck,
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Pammy, I just read this post
    Pammy, I just read this post and what you to know that I am also sending positive vibes and wishes that everything IS benign. It is great to see you checking in because I miss you. I'll look forward to your next post letting us all know that the scare was just that, a scare. Sending ((((hugs)))) your way, too. Keep us posted.
  • KayNYC
    KayNYC Member Posts: 495 Member
    MyTurnNow said:

Pammy, I just read this post
    Pammy, I just read this post and what you to know that I am also sending positive vibes and wishes that everything IS benign. It is great to see you checking in because I miss you. I'll look forward to your next post letting us all know that the scare was just that, a scare. Sending ((((hugs)))) your way, too. Keep us posted.

sending positive thoughts your way
    Dear Pammy,
    Hope you get some answers soon. The waiting and worry are the worst. Keep us posted.
    Big hugs, K