Nipple Reconstruction-Stitches Out Today

SamuraiMom
SamuraiMom Member Posts: 295
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hello my sweet Invisi-Sisters!

Well, I thought it was just a two week follow up today but they took the stitches out of my new nips today.

They are looking great.

The right is just about totally healed but the left still has some healing to do. (not to be gross but it has a scab on it for those of you who like the details :) )

Still have to wear the protective "monopoly hotels" over each one for at least another month to prevent colapse or disconnect (ew!)

Loose tops and an ill-fitting bra with huge cups disguise the bandaging and protective barriers.

The stitches didn't hurt coming out initially but about an hour later I felt pin pricks all over the area that weren't so great. Must be the holes healing themselves.

Still no biggie compared to what I've already endured.

I love you all!

xxoo,
SamuraiMom

Comments

• survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    I am happy that your surgery
    I am happy that your surgery is working out so well for you!

You still make me laugh when you post about your "monopoly hotels".

Take care, Jan
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    yay! thanks for sharing your
    yay! thanks for sharing your experience, I've found your posts so helpful and encouraging :) I'm keeping my eyes on the prize myself and looking forward to having a nice pair when I'm all done!
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

yay! thanks for sharing your
    yay! thanks for sharing your experience, I've found your posts so helpful and encouraging :) I'm keeping my eyes on the prize myself and looking forward to having a nice pair when I'm all done!

Samurai Mom -- Thank you for the update ... this will be the
    next step for many of us women going in soon for our exchange. Thank you also for posting picture of your reconstructed nipples. Believe it or not, it helps many of us women.

Regards,

Vicki Sam
  • Christine Louise
    Christine Louise Member Posts: 426 Member
    So glad the li'l girls are doing great!
    Thanks for keeping us updated! Inquiring minds want to know. (Okay, I'm dating myself there, since that's an old, old advertising slogan.)
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    VickiSam said:

Samurai Mom -- Thank you for the update ... this will be the
    next step for many of us women going in soon for our exchange. Thank you also for posting picture of your reconstructed nipples. Believe it or not, it helps many of us women.

Regards,

Vicki Sam

It is so kind of you to post
    It is so kind of you to post your website with pictures! It is and will help so many here!

Happy that it has worked out so great for you!

Hugs, Angie
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    You are so
    You are so brave to post what you've been through. Congrats, the girls are looking very good indeed. Isn't it amazing what modern medicine can do especially with a good plastic surgeon. I'm only 2+ weeks post double mastectomy. I've been to see the ps to find out what my options are. He told me to take my time and that it's never too late. He had just done reconstruction on a woman 15 years after her mastectomy. I'm 61 and I'm thinking that I might just live with prostheses that come in a box rather than go through more surgery. But, just in case it is nice to know that you've had such a great outcome for all of us onlookers.
    Char
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member

So glad the li'l girls are doing great!
    Thanks for keeping us updated! Inquiring minds want to know. (Okay, I'm dating myself there, since that's an old, old advertising slogan.)

Glad you got the stitches
    Glad you got the stitches out ( ouch ) and glad you are feeling so well.

Hugs, Diane