Word Of The Day (for all you horse lovers like me out there)

Balentine
Balentine Member Posts: 393
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
When I get down about this cancer thing....I close my eyes and envision just my Jesus and me riding horses on the beach. He is riding a white horse and mine is jet black. I have always loved black horses. It is the most empowering thing that I do when my spirit is laying low....when I envision this, it lifts me to heights unimagined and gives me a strength like nothing else.

Sooooo here is my scripture for today.....

Job 39:19....Have you given the horse strength? Have you clothed his neck with thunder? Can you frighten him like a locust? His majestic snorting strikes terror. He paws in the valley and rejoices in his strength; he gallops into the clash of arms. He mocks at fear, and is not frightened; nor does he turn back from the sword. The quiver rattles against him, the glittering spear and javelin. He devours the distance with fierceness and rage; nor does he come to a halt because the trumpet has sounded. At the blast of the trumpet he says, 'Aha!' He smells the battle from afar, the thunder of captains and shouting.

Be blessed in the Word of God.

Lorrie

Comments

• Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Very beautiful Lorrie!
    Very beautiful Lorrie! Thank you!
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Angie2U said:

Very beautiful Lorrie!
    Very beautiful Lorrie! Thank you!

Balentine .. Thank you
    for my morning .. UPlift .. Needed this today.

Vicki Sam
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    www.narha.org
    If you think that you might gain something from being around horses (and they do give so much) then go to www.narha.org and check out what is offered in your area. They offer so much and are always looking for volunteers, even with no experience. Equine Assisted Therapy is fantastic (sorry I don't have a National addy for them but you could google).

I'm a horsewoman and have been my entire life. That's why I say I ride NED and not dance with - and I can't dance worth 2 whoops in ?. As soon as NanDad (G-father) found out he was going to bee a G-father (I'm the only G-child he lived to know), he (and his Mom) started hunting for my first horse - so I had her before I was boen. I've never been without at least 1 horse since then. Hubby was TOTALLY 'non-horse' when he met me, but he has always seen to it I've always had my horses (and our Sons and G-daughter had theirs).

I do not know how I would have gotten through so many things through my life without them. This last winter, was bad but I always knew that I had them, even when I couldn't get out to take care of them (Hubby and Son did when I couldn't).

As I have Appaloosas, they are white with other color. One of my mares (Rague) is red (chestnut) and white and i had her black/white son who I lost a bit over 2 years ago when he was 5. My other mare is black/white.

Check out www.narha.org .

Susan
  • Balentine
    Rague said:

www.narha.org
    If you think that you might gain something from being around horses (and they do give so much) then go to www.narha.org and check out what is offered in your area. They offer so much and are always looking for volunteers, even with no experience. Equine Assisted Therapy is fantastic (sorry I don't have a National addy for them but you could google).

I'm a horsewoman and have been my entire life. That's why I say I ride NED and not dance with - and I can't dance worth 2 whoops in ?. As soon as NanDad (G-father) found out he was going to bee a G-father (I'm the only G-child he lived to know), he (and his Mom) started hunting for my first horse - so I had her before I was boen. I've never been without at least 1 horse since then. Hubby was TOTALLY 'non-horse' when he met me, but he has always seen to it I've always had my horses (and our Sons and G-daughter had theirs).

I do not know how I would have gotten through so many things through my life without them. This last winter, was bad but I always knew that I had them, even when I couldn't get out to take care of them (Hubby and Son did when I couldn't).

As I have Appaloosas, they are white with other color. One of my mares (Rague) is red (chestnut) and white and i had her black/white son who I lost a bit over 2 years ago when he was 5. My other mare is black/white.

Susan

I have also always loved horses
    Unfortunatly I have never had my very own. WE had a pony when I was young that belonged to my older sister but I did ride her alot. She had a foal that was blind and had to eventually be put down. I began riding in horse shows in my early teens...English style....loved it and fell in love with a black tennessee walking horse....I begged my father to get him for me....his name was George....they wanted $800...my dad never did get him for me...I eventually stopped going to lessons and shows because it got too expensive...joined the military....got married...had a child and the rest is history...when I do see horses frolicking in the open fields I just tear up and love to watch them interact, play and gallop. They are so expensive to keep and take care of the way you really need to take care of them. Our house also is only on one acre so we don't have enough room for them. I had thought about getting a few miniatures though. I will definitely check out the narah again. I know I had looked into that before but there is none of them close by me. The closest I believe is like an hour away. Thanks Rague.
    Lorrie
  • 2Floridiansisters
    2Floridiansisters Member Posts: 384 Member
    Balentine said:

Unfortunatly I have never had my very own. WE had a pony when I was young that belonged to my older sister but I did ride her alot. She had a foal that was blind and had to eventually be put down. I began riding in horse shows in my early teens...English style....loved it and fell in love with a black tennessee walking horse....I begged my father to get him for me....his name was George....they wanted $800...my dad never did get him for me...I eventually stopped going to lessons and shows because it got too expensive...joined the military....got married...had a child and the rest is history...when I do see horses frolicking in the open fields I just tear up and love to watch them interact, play and gallop. They are so expensive to keep and take care of the way you really need to take care of them. Our house also is only on one acre so we don't have enough room for them. I had thought about getting a few miniatures though. I will definitely check out the narah again. I know I had looked into that before but there is none of them close by me. The closest I believe is like an hour away. Thanks Rague.
    Lorrie

Thanks for this thread!
    I don't really spend a great deal of time reading the bible but that sure is an inspiring passage. I too think horses are beautiful, I would want an all white one if given a choice!

Love Ronda
  • Rague
    Balentine said:

Lorrie

"English" covers a lot of
    "English" covers a lot of disciplines - all different. Did you ride Saddleseat, Huntseat (on the flat or over fences as a hunter or as a jumper - they are different) or Dressage? Or aside? As a youth I primarily did Saddleseat. After Daddy retired (USAF) and we moved back home where there was only 'western' there then so I tried that for a while but it wasn't for me so I bought a schoolmaster jumper to teach me and got into that (don't like hunter) and then Dressage and did a bit Eventing. Have also done aside (sidesaddle). And driving. I currently have 4 saddles - my old Lane Fox (saddleseat) that I probably would not use due to it's age, my Dressage saddle, my Close Contact (jumping) and my roping saddle ('western'). Also have my antique side saddle but all our horses are too broad for it to fit them.

Yes - horses can be expensive but ANY hobby can be. If I can't keep them at home, I will only board at 'self care' facilities. Being military does not keep one from having horses. There were a few time as a child, my mare had to stay home (while Daddy wsa stationed in France and for a short time stateside until a barn could be found). I was USA - the only time I didn't have one of my horses where I was stationed was during 'boot camp'. Hubby is retired USN, we moved horses from NE FL to NW WA, NW WA to Mojave Desert and back to NW WA then to SD. It's all where your priorities are.

Believe me or not - our horses are well taken care of.
  • Rague
    Which mod. version of the Bible ?
    Which version of the Bible are you quoting. Not the King James.
  • Rague

Thanks for this thread!
    I don't really spend a great deal of time reading the bible but that sure is an inspiring passage. I too think horses are beautiful, I would want an all white one if given a choice!

Love Ronda

In the real world
    NO - you wouldn't want to TRY to keep it clean in the real world! LOL
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Rague said:

Which mod. version of the Bible ?
    Which version of the Bible are you quoting. Not the King James.

Always look for your posts
    Always look for your posts Lorrie! God bless you for posting them for us!

Sue :)
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Rague said:

In the real world
    NO - you wouldn't want to TRY to keep it clean in the real world! LOL

I love this passage!
    I love this passage! Thanks!

Hugs, Diane
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Rague said:

www.narha.org

Susan

I love horses Lorrie and I
    I love horses Lorrie and I love this! Thanks!

Hugs, Megan
  • Balentine
    Ritzy said:

Always look for your posts
    Always look for your posts Lorrie! God bless you for posting them for us!

Sue :)

Quoting from the NKJV
    My posts come from the New King James Version of the bible.
    Lorrie
  • Rague
    Balentine said:

Quoting from the NKJV
    My posts come from the New King James Version of the bible.
    Lorrie

Never heard of that 'version'
    I'm not familiar with a 'New' King James Version. There are sooo many version of the Bible out there today - I prefer what I grew up with - the King James Version. Every 'new' version is just one step farther from original translation and from Heavenly Father's words/intent as far as I am concerned. That's just me. Actually I do have a Revised Standard Version that was Mom's and it is a lot closer to what I read in the KJV than any of the other versions I've seen.

Susan
  • Balentine
    Rague said:

Never heard of that 'version'
    I'm not familiar with a 'New' King James Version. There are sooo many version of the Bible out there today - I prefer what I grew up with - the King James Version. Every 'new' version is just one step farther from original translation and from Heavenly Father's words/intent as far as I am concerned. That's just me. Actually I do have a Revised Standard Version that was Mom's and it is a lot closer to what I read in the KJV than any of the other versions I've seen.

Susan

There is not much of a difference
    If you read that same scripture in the King James version you have, I am sure it will read pretty much the same. So compare and let me know. Be blessed!
    Lorrie
  • Balentine
    Balentine said:

There is not much of a difference
    If you read that same scripture in the King James version you have, I am sure it will read pretty much the same. So compare and let me know. Be blessed!
    Lorrie

Dear Rague
    You made me dig and pull out my old ribbons to find out. I won 3rd in 'Break and Out', 4th in 'Intermediate on the Flat', 5th in 'Intermediate Obstacle' and 6th in 'Pairs'. This was all in 1975...they were at Valley View Farm and Greg Landis Stables in towns close by Phoenixville, PA...I don't even remember the names of the towns but those shows were probably the most fun I had in my life. It is a shame that we allow other things in life to take us away from the things we love the most. I do regret not pursuing it further because I sure do miss it.
    Lorrie