saving eggs

rm22111
rm22111 Member Posts: 54
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I have not seen anything on this site about having your eggs removed before chemo. I am in a support group and we had a young woman come and she would like to have some of her eggs removed and stored for later. Her insurance will not pay for it. She has had some luck with getting the medicines covered for the proceedure, but they still want $7,000. We are in California. Does anyone know if any groups help with this?

rm22111

Comments

• Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Check the young survival
    Check the young survival site. They have a lot of info for under 40 breast cancer survivors. http://www.youngsurvival.org/

I have not seen any info like that on this site. Anyone else see something I missed?
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Marcia527 said:

Check the young survival
    Check the young survival site. They have a lot of info for under 40 breast cancer survivors. http://www.youngsurvival.org/

I have not seen any info like that on this site. Anyone else see something I missed?

Marcia527 .. great idea .. Most insurance companies
    consider this "Elective Surgery". Yes, I know this is crazy talk for we don't and will not pay for this procedure.

I too live in California and I am extremly frustrated by our Insurance laws and guidelines.

Good Luck .. and what a wonderful idea.

Vicki Sam
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    VickiSam said:

Marcia527 .. great idea .. Most insurance companies
    consider this "Elective Surgery". Yes, I know this is crazy talk for we don't and will not pay for this procedure.

I too live in California and I am extremly frustrated by our Insurance laws and guidelines.

Good Luck .. and what a wonderful idea.

Vicki Sam

I don't know anything about
    I don't know anything about this, but, I would like to know.

I wish our insurance would provide better for all of us.

Good luck, Jan