So, I went topless...

KathiM
KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
The beach in Barcelona was top optional. So, I thought there couldn't be a better time to show off the 'girls', even with the scars...I must say, no one even glanced at this old lady (but, my girls were better than some...MUCH worse than others...lol!).

And, yes, I DO have pics....NO, I WON'T be posting them...ROFLMAO!!!

Hugs, Kathi

Comments

• chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Woot Woot! I tried topless
    Woot Woot! I tried topless not too long ago~when I took my bra off my "good" boob smacked me in the left knee and put me out of commission for a week! Damn gravity, anyway.....

Sounds like a real European vacation to me! Don't forget sunscreen!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    I LOVE it!
    Shame on me, here I am european but I never went topless.
    I was raised moslem, so that might explain. BUT I vowed
    once I get my new boobs, they are coming out.

Ayse
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    I did it, too!
    When my husband and I got married we went to a Couples Resort in Jamaica. Well, this resort had a private island just off the beach that was a nude island. So, after getting over the case of nerves I had, along with my upbringing, I figured what the heck. We took the little boat over and spent the afternoon basking in the sun with all the very tanned all over Europeans. My jusitfication was that I would never see these people again and you only live once. It was totally out of character for me but it was a once in a lifetime opportunity. And, yes, we looked very out of place with our tanned bodies that had signs of the bathing suits we had just discarded.

P.S. Yes, we used lots and lots of sunscreen.
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    chenheart said:

Woot Woot! I tried topless not too long ago~when I took my bra off my "good" boob smacked me in the left knee and put me out of commission for a week! Damn gravity, anyway.....

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Chen,
    Thanks for the laugh. You are an inspiration. Positive attitude is everything!!!!! Hugs, Jean
  • chenheart
    aysemari said:

I LOVE it!
    Shame on me, here I am european but I never went topless.
    I was raised moslem, so that might explain. BUT I vowed
    once I get my new boobs, they are coming out.

Ayse

Ya know, I was raised in
    Ya know, I was raised in Europe and it never occurred to me to ever go topless~ not even when I had that firm, intact body! And I didn't have any reconstruction with my BC, so I don't have Hollywood Boobs now! I have honestly never ever understood the fascination with breasts..I don't get why men fall over themselves at the sight of them~ whenever I notice Reggie glancing at a pretty booby woman, I invariably ask him what color her eyes are! LOL( I have also never asked my niece, who is a lesbian, if she "likes" boobs and she has never offered the opinion) or why they should be taboo! I have never thought of them any more than fat filled mammary glands, and honestly, I just don't get the appeal! Seems to me thay are just made to feed babies...and being as I have never had kids, well, they didn't get that use either! It isn't a prudish thing with me...just a huh? What's the big deal? So even if I had a now perfect set of reconstructed boobs...they would be staying inside my bathing suit! oh Wait! Bathing suit??? I am sooooo not a bathing suit kind of gal either! I am the one wearing the sarong, tied at the neck, hat, sunglasses, and under the umbrella wearing 70 SPF sunblock!! I think I was born to live in the Victorian age...cover me up! LOL

Hugs,
    Chen♥

hugs,
    Chen
  • waffle8
    waffle8 Member Posts: 234
    My Bad
    I thought you all would be talking about head coverings..Chemo brain.....
  • KathiM
    chenheart said:

Ya know, I was raised in
    Ya know, I was raised in Europe and it never occurred to me to ever go topless~ not even when I had that firm, intact body! And I didn't have any reconstruction with my BC, so I don't have Hollywood Boobs now! I have honestly never ever understood the fascination with breasts..I don't get why men fall over themselves at the sight of them~ whenever I notice Reggie glancing at a pretty booby woman, I invariably ask him what color her eyes are! LOL( I have also never asked my niece, who is a lesbian, if she "likes" boobs and she has never offered the opinion) or why they should be taboo! I have never thought of them any more than fat filled mammary glands, and honestly, I just don't get the appeal! Seems to me thay are just made to feed babies...and being as I have never had kids, well, they didn't get that use either! It isn't a prudish thing with me...just a huh? What's the big deal? So even if I had a now perfect set of reconstructed boobs...they would be staying inside my bathing suit! oh Wait! Bathing suit??? I am sooooo not a bathing suit kind of gal either! I am the one wearing the sarong, tied at the neck, hat, sunglasses, and under the umbrella wearing 70 SPF sunblock!! I think I was born to live in the Victorian age...cover me up! LOL

Hugs,
    Chen♥

hugs,
    Chen

Actually, I was wearing SPF 50....everywhere....
    And I was more struck with the tans on these gals than the lack of top...

All I could think was "Has anyone talked to them about skin cancer?????"

It was a once-in-a-lifetime thing, and I had a blast...something to remember when days are darker...

I was 'wearing' a 1-piece, tasteful Speedo racing suit...just went convertible while laying down...

Hugs, Kathi
  • KathiM
    waffle8 said:

My Bad
    I thought you all would be talking about head coverings..Chemo brain.....

Nah, not your bad...mine....lol!
    Usually it is about the head...just so happened that I, for the moment anyway, have my hair...

So, no chemo brain for you!

Hugs, Kathi
  • bjmom1
    bjmom1 Member Posts: 152
    chenheart said:

Hugs,
    Chen♥

which one
    I thought about going topless. But I felt someone would ask a question like which side did you had the mastectomy on. lol Just thought I add a little joke in there.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    KathiM said:

Nah, not your bad...mine....lol!
    Usually it is about the head...just so happened that I, for the moment anyway, have my hair...

So, no chemo brain for you!

Hugs, Kathi

OH MY .. I forgot .. about the SF100 sun protection
    I would of gone topless .. without using any protection .. You all know me and the many blond moments I have ..

Good for YOU, Kathi - liberating ???

Vicki Sam
  • chenheart
    KathiM said:

Actually, I was wearing SPF 50....everywhere....
    And I was more struck with the tans on these gals than the lack of top...

All I could think was "Has anyone talked to them about skin cancer?????"

It was a once-in-a-lifetime thing, and I had a blast...something to remember when days are darker...

I was 'wearing' a 1-piece, tasteful Speedo racing suit...just went convertible while laying down...

Hugs, Kathi

Ahhhhhhhh...therein lies the
    Ahhhhhhhh...therein lies the REAL difference between those of you with reconstructed boobs and those of us without: Were I to lie down and go convertible at the beach no one would notice... there would be no PerkySet driving anyone to distraction~ I would look like eggs, sunny side up! And one of the eggs would have a crack in it! LOL

Hugs,
    Chen♥