Latest Update - Libby

LPack
LPack Member Posts: 645
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
Wow! Hot day here in St. Clairsville, Ohio. Enjoying that beautiful sunshine and all that goes with it.

28 of us here for cookout yesterday with corn hole and hillbilly golf. Great day of celebrating our freedom with family, food and fellowship!

After 1 week at Outer Banks with kids and grandkids (another on the way), Jerry and I went on a trip to Lancaster, PA to watch Joseph at the Millennium Theatre and then the next day California Soul (70's music) at the American Music Theatre. We traveled by motorcycle with 3 other couples. Was fun except for sore butt!! ☺

This Friday I go for testing (CT scans, xrays, EKG, muga) and following week blood work before I begin the Clinical Trial of ABT-888. The trial begins Monday, July 19th if I am well enough to undergo treatment. (☺)

We were going to Jerry's sister's in Minneapolis for a couple weeks (and see Bonnie, too) but decided I should begin this ASAP since the tumor has grown some and my CA125 is 214 (I pray it is holding and not continuing up)!

Love you teal warriors,

Libby ♥

Comments

• saundra
    saundra Member Posts: 1,370 Member
    Praying for you
    I am praying that this study does wonders for you with God's great healing powers thrown in. Good to hear you are getting out. Saundra
  • Lisa13Q
    Lisa13Q Member Posts: 677
    Good Luck Libby
    My mother is also in a PARp ABT-888 trial...They say its the wave of the future!! Keep us posted..
  • BonnieR
    BonnieR Member Posts: 1,526 Member
    Hugs from MN
    Dearest Libby, once again so sorry to hear the cancer is rearing it's ugly head, but glad they have a plan of action for you already. I will miss not meeting you but totally understand wanting to get started. Hugs n Prayers Bonnie
  • kayandok
    kayandok Member Posts: 1,202 Member
    Libby,
    so glad you had a good trip, and break! Bummer for the number climb, but good news you can be in this trial. Keep us posted.
    Hugs,
    kathleen
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • msfanciful
    msfanciful Member Posts: 559
    Hello Libby,
    It's so

Hello Libby,

It's so wonderful to hear you are having such a great time!

It sounds like you are in wonderful spirit and I'm praying that all holds
    well also.

Thank you for keeping in touch.

Sharon
  • Angelasmom2
    Angelasmom2 Member Posts: 146
    prayer
    My prayers are with you. Linda