Anyone have experience with neupogen?

Snowkitty
Snowkitty Member Posts: 295
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Woke up in the middle of the night with the most horrible back pains. Took a couple darvocet and a heating pad, which worked for a couple hours. But I don't want to spend my day at work in a drugged stupor. Anyone know how long this side effect lasts?

Comments

• jessiesmom1
    jessiesmom1 Member Posts: 915 Member
    Neupogen shots
    After each of my 4 rounds of A/C I had 5 Neupogen shots for a total of 20 shots. That is 20 shots to my well-padded abdomen. Unbelievable isn't it? My insurance company (Blue Shield) would not approve Neulasta @ 1 shot per round. I did not have any particular side effects to speak of. That you have enough pain as a result of an injection to need Darvocet to manage is alarming. Are you absolutely SURE this is an injection reaction and not something else? Have you notified your oncologist? Please let him/her know.
  • Snowkitty
    Snowkitty Member Posts: 295

Neupogen shots
    After each of my 4 rounds of A/C I had 5 Neupogen shots for a total of 20 shots. That is 20 shots to my well-padded abdomen. Unbelievable isn't it? My insurance company (Blue Shield) would not approve Neulasta @ 1 shot per round. I did not have any particular side effects to speak of. That you have enough pain as a result of an injection to need Darvocet to manage is alarming. Are you absolutely SURE this is an injection reaction and not something else? Have you notified your oncologist? Please let him/her know.

I wouldv'e smoked crack to
    I wouldv'e smoked crack to get rid of the pain. Doc told me to stop shots, drink lots of water and take, of all things, motrin.

Bone pain is a possible side effect of Neupogen (I had five shots altogether) and I did have that in my hips. No problemo. The stabbing back pain I could not hendle. Plus it made me cry...I only cry at cute baby commercials.

Anyways, 3 darvocets in 4 hours didn't help, but 3 motrin actually did.

Joking at the crack comment, btw.