Home!

KathiM
KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Had a FAB time on the cruise. LOVED Italy and Spain!!!

Watched the World Cup (Soccer) on the ship...and then in the airport today...The Netherlands is in the FINALS!!! YEA!!!!

Pics to follow...

Hugs, Kathi

Comments

• alexinlv
    alexinlv Member Posts: 194 Member
    Go Holland! I can't wait
    Go Holland! I can't wait for the game tomorrow. What a great cruise!
    Alex
  • Fight for my love
    Fight for my love Member Posts: 1,522 Member
    Great!Wait for the pics.

Great!Wait for the pics.
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Hi Kathi,
    Thanks for letting

Hi Kathi,

Thanks for letting us know you are home safe + sound. I'll look forward to seeing the pics.
  • KathiM
    Thanks, guys for the welcome home!
    The World Cup is VERY important here....on the ship, there were many from around the world where soccer (voetbal) is the sport. When Spain beat Portugal, many, many people marched around the ship with Spanish flags wrapped around...

And then, in the airport, there was an outside big screen, showing the Netherlands/Uraguay game...and there were bleechers set up for all of the travelers...this, in the AIRPORT...ROFL!

Hugs, Kathi
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    KathiM said:

Thanks, guys for the welcome home!
    The World Cup is VERY important here....on the ship, there were many from around the world where soccer (voetbal) is the sport. When Spain beat Portugal, many, many people marched around the ship with Spanish flags wrapped around...

And then, in the airport, there was an outside big screen, showing the Netherlands/Uraguay game...and there were bleechers set up for all of the travelers...this, in the AIRPORT...ROFL!

Hugs, Kathi

The world cup is huge here
    The world cup is huge here in the Toronto area too. Even though Team Canada did not make it to the tournament, we have so many people here whose heritage is a country that is in the cup. Everytime we are out driving, I am amazed at the number of flags on the cars + the diversity of the flags. I said to my 16 year old daughter that there are not many places in the world where you could go + see that variety of flags. Now Canada needs to someone strengthen our soccer team!

Kathi, your meal in the photo looks delicious!
  • KathiM
    AnneCan said:

The world cup is huge here
    The world cup is huge here in the Toronto area too. Even though Team Canada did not make it to the tournament, we have so many people here whose heritage is a country that is in the cup. Everytime we are out driving, I am amazed at the number of flags on the cars + the diversity of the flags. I said to my 16 year old daughter that there are not many places in the world where you could go + see that variety of flags. Now Canada needs to someone strengthen our soccer team!

Kathi, your meal in the photo looks delicious!

In Holland, EVERYTHING is orange right now!!!
    Even a little goat who broke it's leg got an orange cast!!!

The meal is when we were in Barcelona. It's paella with seafood and chicken. For starters, it was gazpacho, and dessert was Crème brûlée. Oh, and sangria...mmmmm....

I am very proud to say that between the 7-day cruise, and the 3 days after in Barcelona, I only gained 3 pounds!!!!

Hugs, Kathi