Down Time

EdnaM
EdnaM Member Posts: 30
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Really frustrated right now - BC free, no chemo, no radiation very fortunate and just when I felt I was getting my life together a different issue surfaces. I have agioedna (sudden, often unexplained swelling of face throat and mouth - last evening suddenly reoccured and was a major one spent 5 hrs. in ER hooked up to everything imagable - this time was closing my
airway. The worse part is I've seen 3 allergist and 1 rheumotoligst - none can find a definate cause. Epi-Pen and I go everywhere together but as they tell me that is also dangerous (can affect heart).
Just when I thot life was good I get another episode and has left me really down - no way
to recover from BC!

Comments

• GayleMc
    GayleMc Member Posts: 311 Member
    I'm so sorry to hear of your
    I'm so sorry to hear of your scary event. I hope it can be worked out soon. Take care.
  • Menda
    Menda Member Posts: 128
    Your trusted
    My grandmother always reminded me that God doesn't give you more than the two of you cannot handle together. Well, God sure does have a lot of faith on you. Hang on there.
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    I'm praying for you!
    I'm sorry this happened to you. I pray this was a one time episode.

Sylvia
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    It's always something! I
    It's always something! I know what you mean. I was diagnosed with Parkinson's about three years after the breast cancer diagnosis. Hope you don't have many episodes and have many happy up times instead.
  • lolad
    lolad Member Posts: 670
    Marcia527 said:

It's always something! I
    It's always something! I know what you mean. I was diagnosed with Parkinson's about three years after the breast cancer diagnosis. Hope you don't have many episodes and have many happy up times instead.

i Know how you feel too! I
    i Know how you feel too! I feel like there is not much more of me to take. I had my expanders filled and completed in November and they were going to schedule my reconstruction. Well, in December i had to have my gallbladder removed and it pushed reconstruction back. I then developed an infection on my left breast and they had to remove the left expander, so since Feb ive been going around with just an expander on the left. That pushed back reconstruction again. Then i had to have a total hysterectomy around the same time i could schedule the reconstruction and yes, you guessed it, that surgery pushed back again. I finally found out today that they have scheduled my reconstruction for Aug 12th and i am sooo ready. Just praying nothing else comes up. I have a problem with my hands shaking alot off and on and when they do, i cant write. I have no clue whats caused that, but im not saying nothing yet. I just want to get the boobs done.

take care
    Laura
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    lolad said:

i Know how you feel too! I
    i Know how you feel too! I feel like there is not much more of me to take. I had my expanders filled and completed in November and they were going to schedule my reconstruction. Well, in December i had to have my gallbladder removed and it pushed reconstruction back. I then developed an infection on my left breast and they had to remove the left expander, so since Feb ive been going around with just an expander on the left. That pushed back reconstruction again. Then i had to have a total hysterectomy around the same time i could schedule the reconstruction and yes, you guessed it, that surgery pushed back again. I finally found out today that they have scheduled my reconstruction for Aug 12th and i am sooo ready. Just praying nothing else comes up. I have a problem with my hands shaking alot off and on and when they do, i cant write. I have no clue whats caused that, but im not saying nothing yet. I just want to get the boobs done.

take care
    Laura

I am so sorry Edna. You
    I am so sorry Edna. You have already been through so much with bc.

I hope that some doctor can pinpoint the cause of this and help you.

Keep us updated on how you are!

Hugs, Leeza
  • Menda
    Menda Member Posts: 128
    Marcia527 said:

It's always something! I

Parkinsons
    I was diagnosed about 3 years ago. Controled with meds at the moment. How are you doing?