just need a little push to get me through the end of chemo

putzie
putzie Member Posts: 66 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi sisters (and the occasional brother)! I am so close to being done with my chemo treatments, my last one is July 15th. I was thinking as I got closer to the end that I would be in a better frame of mind. I have been so cranky and weepy, plus the side effects are getting worse toward the end. I know I am so close but am sure having a tough time with emotions. I don't like myself very much right now and just wondered if anyone has a trick, mental thought, funny story, or something to help kick me to this last one. I really thought I should be used to these feelings!!!!

Basically I am being a wah wah but it is easy to spill your guts here with others who have gone through the same thing. Thanks for listening....you are all so special. XX OO
Big hugs and wishes for a great 4th of July!!!
Dawn

Comments

• camsgram
    camsgram Member Posts: 106
    Well sister I read your page
    Well sister I read your page about you and it appears to me that ARE DETERMINED TO KICK CANCERS BUTT! So one more chemo towards that butt kickin and you are one step closer to your goal! You can do this and you will. I have 5 more left and might need you to kick mine! Stay stong pink sister. Kathie
  • arkansasgirl
    arkansasgirl Member Posts: 84
    LAST CHEMO TREATMENT
    Hi

Please go to the 2floridansisters post and read what I wrote about the how many treatments
    of chemo I took and about my last one.
    I just wrote it today.

Arkansasgirl
  • putzie
    camsgram said:

Well sister I read your page
    Well sister I read your page about you and it appears to me that ARE DETERMINED TO KICK CANCERS BUTT! So one more chemo towards that butt kickin and you are one step closer to your goal! You can do this and you will. I have 5 more left and might need you to kick mine! Stay stong pink sister. Kathie

Thank you Kathie!! I am
    Thank you Kathie!! I am definitely determined to Kick Cancer Butt!!!! Thank you for the reminder!!!! I think it just wears on you after a bit even knowing there is an end to this junk. It is humbling to be complaining about having one left when you have 5 left....good kick in the butt for me!! You stay strong and if or when you need a reminder, look me up.
    I will be happy to return the favor!!!! Big hugs Pink Sister!!!!!!!
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Hang In There Girl!
    You are so close to being done. Just take one day at a time and focus on the future and not the past. We are all here for you. It's a great place to vent..... Hugs, Jean
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Jean 0609 said:

Hang In There Girl!
    You are so close to being done. Just take one day at a time and focus on the future and not the past. We are all here for you. It's a great place to vent..... Hugs, Jean

I am giving you that extra
    I am giving you that extra push you need to get you through chemo! You can do it!

Hugs, Debby
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    DebbyM said:

I am giving you that extra
    I am giving you that extra push you need to get you through chemo! You can do it!

Hugs, Debby

Chemo #5 and #6 were killers for me .. had enough
    but somehow I made it thru .. Do you see the finish line ??? You can do it .. Miss Pole dancer .. I LOVE YOUR picture.

Keep your head high ... and walk strong!

Sister's in PINK:-))

Vicki Sam
  • Scotch Freckles
    Scotch Freckles Member Posts: 273 Member
    VickiSam said:

Chemo #5 and #6 were killers for me .. had enough
    but somehow I made it thru .. Do you see the finish line ??? You can do it .. Miss Pole dancer .. I LOVE YOUR picture.

Keep your head high ... and walk strong!

Sister's in PINK:-))

Vicki Sam

Pole Dancing
    I love your picture too. Who else would pole dance with a drip pole but someone who has a great attitude. Add a little swing music to the dance and go to it. Hang in there, you should be able to feel the support coming your way, it is like a warm sun beam.
  • lolad
    lolad Member Posts: 670
    Sorry you feel so down, but you are closer to the finish line
    Dawn,
    Dont ever say you are not entitled to your feelings number one, like you said you are being wah wah. Think of it as coming to one of your closures to the battle. The side effects for me when i did chemo seemed to build more with each treatment. I was always tired and for quite a while after my treatment ended. I even still have that chemo fog brain going on, or heck, maybe im just ditzy!! haha! You have every right to feel cranky and weepy, its totally natural. The battle is such an emotional roller coaster and chemo is a very strong medicine going through your body. I still am emotional through the whole thing today. I still have reconstruction to go through, which i found out today will be August 12th. But its been put off because of other surgeries that ive had to have like a total hysterectomy. Just know that this is part of the battle to beat the beast and you will soon be done with this part. Its one of the hardest treatments, for me it was at least, to endure through the fight. My children helped me with my fight. They told me i was still beautiful when i was bald from my chemo. What steps do you have left? Do you have to do radiation? I reached to god in my battle and it helped so much. Letting him in my life was an amazing experience that i didnt realize how much i missed not letting him in sooner. Know that i will pray for you. Know that you are one step closer to being a survivor. Know that you are a warrior and a sister of pink. Cry if you need to cry. Hit on a pillow if you need to. Writing helped me get my feelings out. Keep coming here for your venting and advice and sharing. I am now a survivor and dancing with NED and its a wonderful feeling. Ill pray that you will soon be the same. Try to keep your head up. Keep fighting, dont give up and know us sisters are always with you.

Take care
    Laura
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    lolad said:

Sorry you feel so down, but you are closer to the finish line
    Dawn,
    Dont ever say you are not entitled to your feelings number one, like you said you are being wah wah. Think of it as coming to one of your closures to the battle. The side effects for me when i did chemo seemed to build more with each treatment. I was always tired and for quite a while after my treatment ended. I even still have that chemo fog brain going on, or heck, maybe im just ditzy!! haha! You have every right to feel cranky and weepy, its totally natural. The battle is such an emotional roller coaster and chemo is a very strong medicine going through your body. I still am emotional through the whole thing today. I still have reconstruction to go through, which i found out today will be August 12th. But its been put off because of other surgeries that ive had to have like a total hysterectomy. Just know that this is part of the battle to beat the beast and you will soon be done with this part. Its one of the hardest treatments, for me it was at least, to endure through the fight. My children helped me with my fight. They told me i was still beautiful when i was bald from my chemo. What steps do you have left? Do you have to do radiation? I reached to god in my battle and it helped so much. Letting him in my life was an amazing experience that i didnt realize how much i missed not letting him in sooner. Know that i will pray for you. Know that you are one step closer to being a survivor. Know that you are a warrior and a sister of pink. Cry if you need to cry. Hit on a pillow if you need to. Writing helped me get my feelings out. Keep coming here for your venting and advice and sharing. I am now a survivor and dancing with NED and its a wonderful feeling. Ill pray that you will soon be the same. Try to keep your head up. Keep fighting, dont give up and know us sisters are always with you.

Take care
    Laura

unfortunately chemo just
    unfortunately chemo just wears you down so its hard to have the ENERGY to get excited about finishing. but keep reminding yourself you will feel so much better each day/week you are off chemo. and that is your reward. and how proud you will be of all you have accomplished. WE know how hard this is and we are pushing you onward(gently)
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Almost there!
    Yes, I believe those rounds of Chemo are cumulative so like you, I felt really crummy towards the end of treatment.

SO...here ya go Sister...a few jokes to make you chuckle (they made me laugh)

A guy is sitting at home when he hears a knock at the door. He opens the door and sees a snail on the porch. He picks up the snail and throws it as far as he can. Three years later, there’s a knock on the door. He opens it and sees the same snail. The snail says "What the heck was that all about?"

I bought a box of animal crackers and it said on it "Do not eat if seal is broken." So I opened up the box, and sure enough...

Two golden-agers were discussing their husbands over tea.
    "I do wish that my Elmer would stop biting his nails. He makes me terribly nervous."
    "My Billy used to do the same thing," the older woman replied. "But I broke him of the habit."
    "How?"
    "I hid his teeth."

Hope this made you smile.

Blessings,
    Syl
  • mvannie
    mvannie Member Posts: 16
    end of chemo
    Hi. My last chemo is tomorrow and I too am a crybaby. I am just so exausted tired and depressed all of a sudden. I have been sick after each chemo. I was in the hospital 5 days after the first. Then a few ER trips after the others. I am so scared of the last one for some reason. I guess we get more worn down after each chemo. I am trying to stay away from antidepressents. I would like some energy though. Good luck to you!
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Chemo with me
    What kept me going back:

A - I wanted to hurry up and get it done
    B - the people I met there

And sometimes I would make a date with a friend
    to meet me there..

yeah hello it's me Ayse, I was wondering, if you don't have anything
    better to do, will you chemo with me?

Ayse
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    sea60 said:

Almost there!
    Yes, I believe those rounds of Chemo are cumulative so like you, I felt really crummy towards the end of treatment.

SO...here ya go Sister...a few jokes to make you chuckle (they made me laugh)

A guy is sitting at home when he hears a knock at the door. He opens the door and sees a snail on the porch. He picks up the snail and throws it as far as he can. Three years later, there’s a knock on the door. He opens it and sees the same snail. The snail says "What the heck was that all about?"

I bought a box of animal crackers and it said on it "Do not eat if seal is broken." So I opened up the box, and sure enough...

Two golden-agers were discussing their husbands over tea.
    "I do wish that my Elmer would stop biting his nails. He makes me terribly nervous."
    "My Billy used to do the same thing," the older woman replied. "But I broke him of the habit."
    "How?"
    "I hid his teeth."

Hope this made you smile.

Blessings,
    Syl

Very gently pushing you!
    Very gently pushing you!

Hugs, Jan
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    putzie said:

Thank you Kathie!! I am
    Thank you Kathie!! I am definitely determined to Kick Cancer Butt!!!! Thank you for the reminder!!!! I think it just wears on you after a bit even knowing there is an end to this junk. It is humbling to be complaining about having one left when you have 5 left....good kick in the butt for me!! You stay strong and if or when you need a reminder, look me up.
    I will be happy to return the favor!!!! Big hugs Pink Sister!!!!!!!

Giving you a huge push! We
    Giving you a huge push! We all are rooting for you and here to support you!
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    mvannie said:

end of chemo
    Hi. My last chemo is tomorrow and I too am a crybaby. I am just so exausted tired and depressed all of a sudden. I have been sick after each chemo. I was in the hospital 5 days after the first. Then a few ER trips after the others. I am so scared of the last one for some reason. I guess we get more worn down after each chemo. I am trying to stay away from antidepressents. I would like some energy though. Good luck to you!

Pushing you too!
    And, good

Pushing you too!

And, good luck with your last chemo mvannie!
  • putzie
    I love you girls!!! I can't
    I love you girls!!! I can't tell you how much your words helped me. I try to mask my emotions but I am letting them fly now!!! I can see the finish line just around the corner and that last chemo is going to be a celebration!!! Surgery (lumpectomy and lymph node removal) will follow in mid August, followed by radiation. For some reason the next two phases don't seem as daunting as the chemo. This is some powerful stuff. Thank you everyone and best of luck and huge hugs to you all. XXXXX OOOOOOO If you were with me we could have a pole dance exhibition!!!