Cold Flashes, hair color and sick to my stomach

lovs2decorate
lovs2decorate Member Posts: 44
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi there!

I was wondering if anyone had their hair color change after they had surg.? I'm 40 years old and about 9 years ago, the entire front of my hair went WHITE, The rest was a mix of brown w/ some white. After my bi-laterial on April 30th, my hair that was white is coming back in brown. Were my hormones that messed up from the cancer?

I know this is crazy but I've been having cold flahes. I started them a week after surg. It can be 90 degrees and I get crazy cold. Happens at anytime during the day and sometimes at night. Has anyone had this go on? I'll take it over hot flashes I'm just starting to get worried like what else is going on.

Has anyone had the tamoxifene make them sick to their stomach? I take it with brkfst in the a.m. and it still happens. Did it go away in a reasonable amount of time or do you have this everyday you take it?

I know this sounds kooky but I thought I share this....
My girlfriend and I were talking about what its like when you go to a cancer center. I told her they always give me a welcome packet. I told her I don't want to be in their club. They have lousy refreshments and the dues are pretty rotten too! Well we have a cupcake bakery not far from us and we started the Cupcake Club. Its just the two of us for now, once a week we pick on cupcake, and share it. I told my girlfriend I'd extend a visitor's pass but I don't want her to become a member. Her Dad has cancer now, so we sent him a cupcake too.

Comments

• MEwarrior
    MEwarrior Member Posts: 3
    Cupcakes
    Cupcake club much more fun.
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Hi, lovs2decorate -
    I wouldn't share my cupcake with anyone, no matter how good a friend -- I'd make her get her own -- but maybe that's just me. :-) :-) :-)

Regarding the Tamoxifen, definitely let your doctor know about the nausea, because there are several ways to take Tamoxifen that might help with that.

It sounds like you're taking the 20-mg. pill once a day, in the morning -- it might help to switch to taking it before bedtime with a little food, so that at least yoiu'd be asleep while you're queasy! Your doctor can also prescribe 10-mg. pills, that you'd take twice a day, which might also help. Definitely talk with him/her about it!

Traci
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    TraciInLA said:

Hi, lovs2decorate -
    I wouldn't share my cupcake with anyone, no matter how good a friend -- I'd make her get her own -- but maybe that's just me. :-) :-) :-)

Regarding the Tamoxifen, definitely let your doctor know about the nausea, because there are several ways to take Tamoxifen that might help with that.

It sounds like you're taking the 20-mg. pill once a day, in the morning -- it might help to switch to taking it before bedtime with a little food, so that at least yoiu'd be asleep while you're queasy! Your doctor can also prescribe 10-mg. pills, that you'd take twice a day, which might also help. Definitely talk with him/her about it!

Traci

tamoxifen made me nauseated
    tamoxifen made me nauseated so I take it at night and its much better. I dont take it with food either. I also am cold alot but I thought it was because I lost so much weight. Air conditioning really bothers me. My hair came in very dark after chemo but no changes a fter surgery per se.
  • Pinkpower
    Pinkpower Member Posts: 437
    Tamoxifen
    Hmmm. The only thing I have notice since I started taking 20mg Tamoxifen is my mood. 1 minute Im ok then without cause Im feeling very sad. I get upset very easily now too. My poor kids! Also some hip and back pain, but no nausea. Love the cupcake club idea.
  • MGNS
    MGNS Member Posts: 197 Member
    I had cold flashses all
    I had cold flashses all through my treatments and wondered why but never asked the oncologist. It was an interesting change from hot flashes so I just tried to enjoy them! Now that treatments are over with I'm back to hot flashes...oh well ;)
  • waffle8
    waffle8 Member Posts: 234
    MGNS said:

I had cold flashses all
    I had cold flashses all through my treatments and wondered why but never asked the oncologist. It was an interesting change from hot flashes so I just tried to enjoy them! Now that treatments are over with I'm back to hot flashes...oh well ;)

flashes
    I seem to be getting the cold and hot flashes.. It makes me laugh cause it is such a bizarre feeling...Never know which one is coming up....
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    I was so hopeing my hair would get grey
    I was so hopeing that after it came back after Chemo, surgery, Chemo, and rads that hair would come back grey but it didn't! I'm 64 and I have no grey - my hair grows as dark (very dark brown almost black but not quite) as it ever was. I get told I shouldn't dye it - Ijust want to scream I DON'T! Just genetics - Daddy's side of the family - nobody gets grey - Mom's side gets grey early.

I don't have 'cold (or hot) flashes' but I'm almost always cold. I've always gotten cold easy but since the first chemo I've been cold. Temp is always in the 97.something range. Hubby came home on day from Walmart with and electric throw (not blanket but a throw) for me so I can stay warm on the couch watching TV without roasting him out in his recliner.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Rague said:

I was so hopeing my hair would get grey
    I was so hopeing that after it came back after Chemo, surgery, Chemo, and rads that hair would come back grey but it didn't! I'm 64 and I have no grey - my hair grows as dark (very dark brown almost black but not quite) as it ever was. I get told I shouldn't dye it - Ijust want to scream I DON'T! Just genetics - Daddy's side of the family - nobody gets grey - Mom's side gets grey early.

I don't have 'cold (or hot) flashes' but I'm almost always cold. I've always gotten cold easy but since the first chemo I've been cold. Temp is always in the 97.something range. Hubby came home on day from Walmart with and electric throw (not blanket but a throw) for me so I can stay warm on the couch watching TV without roasting him out in his recliner.

sure does a number on ones
    sure does a number on ones body doesnt it??