false eyelashes

laurissa
laurissa Member Posts: 773
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I've never used them. Has anyone used them? How tricky are they to put on and are they re-usable? I'm thinking about trying them.

Comments

• jamiegww
    jamiegww Member Posts: 384
    I tried them myself.
    I didn't like not having any eyelashes so I bought some fake ones and after applying it to one eye, I took it off and decided I looked fine without them. I don't know if I got the wrong kind or what but I found that without my own lashes for them to blend in with, I looked ridiculous. My own lashes are growing back now and I actually think they look weird because I got used to not having any. :-) You probably need to experiment until you find your "happy place".
  • seof
    seof Member Posts: 819 Member
    I did not use them, just
    I did not use them, just used eyeliner till they grew back. I have a friend (not a cancer survivor) who uses them occasionally when she wants to be dressier than usual. She found some that look very natural and enhance her eyes. She says they are easy to apply and I believe she does re-use them. You can get in contact with a support group called, "Look good-feel better" through your local branch of the American Cancer Society and they can help with cosmetic tips (and free supplies) for survivors. Your best bet is probably trial and error till you find what you like best for you.

Be well, seof
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    I'm with you, Laurissa
    I thought I was doing so well--still had brows and eyelashes up until my 6th chemo treatment. Then, 2 weeks after the 6th and final treatment, boom--no lashes, no brows! Even when I put all my make-up on, I still feel like I look weird. I've tried to pencil in brows--I'm not good at it. I've thought of getting fake lashes but haven't yet. With no lashes, there's no way to make your eyes "pop." I'm interested in any advice as well. Hang in there, girl--maybe they'll come back longer and fuller!

Renee
  • waffle8
    waffle8 Member Posts: 234
    hey laurissa
    Better check with your doc...I was told not to use them because of the chemicals in glue....I think they look great though.Good Luck...
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    They Don't Work......
    Laurissa, I tried false eyelashes......they WILL NOT STAY ON.....you have to have your own eyelashes to "anchor" them........I tried them, they just slid off......I had to laugh, I looked like a catterpiller was laying across my eye.....
    I just lined my eyes with an eye pencil........most people never realized I didn't have lashes...once they start to grow back, you will be surprised how quickly they fill in...the average "life span" of an eyelash is only 10 days......they too, result from a rapidly dividing cell, which the chem attacks......

Just be patient, "they will come"......
    Nancy
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    MAJW said:

They Don't Work......
    Laurissa, I tried false eyelashes......they WILL NOT STAY ON.....you have to have your own eyelashes to "anchor" them........I tried them, they just slid off......I had to laugh, I looked like a catterpiller was laying across my eye.....
    I just lined my eyes with an eye pencil........most people never realized I didn't have lashes...once they start to grow back, you will be surprised how quickly they fill in...the average "life span" of an eyelash is only 10 days......they too, result from a rapidly dividing cell, which the chem attacks......

Just be patient, "they will come"......
    Nancy

I agree with Nancy .. they do not stay on unless
    you have existing lashes to anchor them against. I purchased cheap-o clear glasses to protect my eyes from wind and debris - floating in the air in California.

Larrisa - You are BEAUTIFUL women - your hair is coming back, eye lashes will follow.

Your PINK Sister ..

Vicki Sam
  • camsgram
    camsgram Member Posts: 106
    Go for it! They work great
    Go for it! They work great for me however it does take some practice. Once you get the hang of it, its easy! good luck Kathie