I am doing great

autumnskisses
autumnskisses Member Posts: 8
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I am doing great with my chemo. I am taking adeiamycin and cytoxin. I did lose my hair. (chuckle) But otherwose I feel good. I saw my mother, one sister, along with her family for the first time since losing my hair. I was so worried, but when I took off my hat, no one seemed to notice, not even her grandchi;dren! It frlt wonderful.
I will start taking Taxetere in August for 4 sessions, once every three weeks. I am stage 3, diagnoises March 2010. Has anyone been on Taxetere? What wes it like for you?
Always,
Debbie

Comments

• MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Taxotere......
    Debbie.........I went through chemo last summer...my "cocktail" was Taxotere/Cytoxan......I tolerated both fairly well......So I can't say anything about Taxotere by it's self.I do know it's pretty powerful.... It was administered from a thick, GLASS bottle, as opposed to all the others being in a plastic bag and the nurses "suited up" when they administered it.....But I think if you tolerated the adriamycin/cytoxan, which I understand is pretty rough, I would bet you'll do okay with the taxotere....

Best wishes and peace be with you
    Nancy
  • Christine Louise
    Christine Louise Member Posts: 426 Member
    MAJW said:

Taxotere......
    Debbie.........I went through chemo last summer...my "cocktail" was Taxotere/Cytoxan......I tolerated both fairly well......So I can't say anything about Taxotere by it's self.I do know it's pretty powerful.... It was administered from a thick, GLASS bottle, as opposed to all the others being in a plastic bag and the nurses "suited up" when they administered it.....But I think if you tolerated the adriamycin/cytoxan, which I understand is pretty rough, I would bet you'll do okay with the taxotere....

Nancy

Taxotere effects
    That's so interesting, Nancy. My Taxotere was administered just like the rest of my chemo.

I, too, had Tax./Cytoxan and did well with it. No nausea, thanks to the nice meds. The few side effects such as sore mouth, odd taste, ridgy fingernails were extremely brief or minor. I guess the most bothersome thing was dry eyes. (Why do "dry" eyes drip tears?) That's better now although I still can't read and focus my vision for too long. My sleep problems may be contributing to that, though.

Now, 6 weeks after last infusion, I've developed a little neuropathy in hands and feet. It's not painful, just a bit of swelling and tingling.

Best wishes to you, Debbie!
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    I had Cytoxan and Taxotere
    And had very few side effects overall (I couldn't tell you what was from which of the two drugs). Just the usual hair loss and funky mouth and some digestive issues/constipation.

From what I understand, some people have a reaction to Taxotere, so when they administered it to me very slowly at first and watched for any reaction. I had none, so for the rest of my chemos they administered it at a faster rate.

Just make sure they keep an eye on you for any reactions and don't be afraid to speak up if you feel anything unusual.

Good for you on taking off your hat! I only had mine off around the house until it started to grow back at least a little bit.

Best wishes on the rest of your chemo.

Take care,
    Cindy
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    Double Post
    Double post.
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Dear Debbie,
    I am glad that you feel so well. And, how wonderful that your family was so terrific at a crucial moment - revealing the hair loss.
    A positive attitude does so much...

Sue
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    sbmly53 said:

Dear Debbie,
    I am glad that you feel so well. And, how wonderful that your family was so terrific at a crucial moment - revealing the hair loss.

Sue

I use eye drops for the dry
    I use eye drops for the dry eyes and it really helps. I had taxol and it was easier than AC hope it just gets better and better for you
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Glad...
    ... your're doing great, so far - and sincerely hope it continues that way for you.

Kind regards, Susan
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991

Glad...
    ... your're doing great, so far - and sincerely hope it continues that way for you.

Kind regards, Susan

Glad you are doing so well
    Glad you are doing so well Debbie! Praying it continues for you!

Hugs, Angie
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    So glad you are doing great
    So glad you are doing great so far! I just finished 4 rounds of Cytoxin/Taxotere. My experience has not been bad. Like Christine Louise said my Taxotere was also given in a bag like the other meds.I am not sure what reactions was from what but I had some constipation no nausea really.I have been really tired, it lasted about a week the first time along with chemo brain. The last 3 it has only been 2-3 days but I was able to work. God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138

Taxotere effects
    That's so interesting, Nancy. My Taxotere was administered just like the rest of my chemo.

I, too, had Tax./Cytoxan and did well with it. No nausea, thanks to the nice meds. The few side effects such as sore mouth, odd taste, ridgy fingernails were extremely brief or minor. I guess the most bothersome thing was dry eyes. (Why do "dry" eyes drip tears?) That's better now although I still can't read and focus my vision for too long. My sleep problems may be contributing to that, though.

Now, 6 weeks after last infusion, I've developed a little neuropathy in hands and feet. It's not painful, just a bit of swelling and tingling.

Best wishes to you, Debbie!

Christine Louise
    I have wondered the same thing about the dry eyes. I have tears running down my face and my eyes are dry!! How does that happen :o) God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    sbmly53 said:

Dear Debbie,

Sue

So glad you are doing so
    So glad you are doing so well Debbie! You do have a great attitude and that is half of the battle.

Wishing you continued good luck!
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    MAJW said:

Taxotere......

Nancy

Always good to read that
    Always good to read that someone is doing pretty well on chemo! Praying it will be smooth sailing for you from now on.

♥ Noel