What stage are you and when were you dx?

Comments

• Patti1
    Patti1 Member Posts: 109 Member
    Stage IV, Mets to Liver and Nodes
    Stage IV, Mets to Liver and Nodes, DX January 2006, during a Colonoscopy. I knew the minute the doctor came out from doing the colonoscopy that we were in trouble, I just did not know the extent. Two weeks later we were having a port put in and chemo, July 06 he had
    his surgery, rectum removal,permanent colostomy and a liver resection. Wow its 2010 and we are still posting good news. Love you all, any thanks for being there for us.

Patti
  • coolvdub
    coolvdub Member Posts: 408 Member
    Patti1 said:

Stage IV, Mets to Liver and Nodes
    Stage IV, Mets to Liver and Nodes, DX January 2006, during a Colonoscopy. I knew the minute the doctor came out from doing the colonoscopy that we were in trouble, I just did not know the extent. Two weeks later we were having a port put in and chemo, July 06 he had
    his surgery, rectum removal,permanent colostomy and a liver resection. Wow its 2010 and we are still posting good news. Love you all, any thanks for being there for us.

Patti

IIIc with 4 of 24 nodes positive
    Diagnosed April 24,2009 with Colon Cancer. Had resection surgery June 15,2009. Staged at IIIc 4 of 24 Lymphnodes tested positive several days after surgery.

Don
  • kristasplace
    kristasplace Member Posts: 957 Member
    August 2007
    Symptoms began in 2005.
    Diagnosed rectal cancer August 2007 at the age of 38 by means of a colonoscopy.
    Six weeks of 5FU, thirty zaps of radiation.
    Colon resection January 08, 4 nodes positive, so diagnosis of stage IIIc.
    Six months of Folfox ending in August 08. Only missed the last treatment due to bad neuropathy.
    PET scan in March 2010 revealed cancer on right ovary.
    Salpingo oopherectomy in June 2010 revealed colorectal spread on that ovary.
  • lynultsch
    lynultsch Member Posts: 2

August 2007
    Symptoms began in 2005.
    Diagnosed rectal cancer August 2007 at the age of 38 by means of a colonoscopy.
    Six weeks of 5FU, thirty zaps of radiation.
    Colon resection January 08, 4 nodes positive, so diagnosis of stage IIIc.
    Six months of Folfox ending in August 08. Only missed the last treatment due to bad neuropathy.
    PET scan in March 2010 revealed cancer on right ovary.
    Salpingo oopherectomy in June 2010 revealed colorectal spread on that ovary.

Oct 19, 2009
    Stg II during a "routine" coloscopy. Laproscopic surgery Nov 5th. No nodes involved.
    Scans and repeat colonoscopy due this fall.
  • soccermom13
    soccermom13 Member Posts: 224
    DX
    Stage II TN3 Nov 5, 2008, age 49, after a year of problems and misdiagnosis. Resection on Nov 15th, 11 nodes taken all clean. Chemo Jan - end of April 2009, no radiation, ileostomy reversal June 2009. All PET/CT scans and colonoscopy clear with the exception of the last one. Had 3 sessile polyps removed - surgeon thinks they are benign. Much love to you all. Walking in Undy 5000 in Denver. If anyone going please let me know - I'd love to meet you!
    Shanna
  • chicoturner
    chicoturner Member Posts: 282
    DX 2/28/08 Thought it was
    DX 2/28/08 Thought it was ovarian, but surprise, stage 4 colon. Jean
  • Sharon57
    Sharon57 Member Posts: 4
    Stage IV
    My husband was diagnosed in Sept 09, Stage IV with mets to liver and lung. He's done 12 treatments of FOLFOX + Avastin, and now is on FOLFIRI. His scans and counts were showing improvement but CEA counts started to rise, so his doctor switched him to the FOLFIRI, and unfortunately his counts are going up again. We're hoping it's working and the counts will go down again; otherwise I don't know what will come next. We visited Moffitt in Tampa a few weeks ago, and they have a possible trial he can enter if his FOLFIRI goes south--so that might be a possibility.
  • hobiec
    hobiec Member Posts: 6
    Sharon57 said:

Stage IV
    My husband was diagnosed in Sept 09, Stage IV with mets to liver and lung. He's done 12 treatments of FOLFOX + Avastin, and now is on FOLFIRI. His scans and counts were showing improvement but CEA counts started to rise, so his doctor switched him to the FOLFIRI, and unfortunately his counts are going up again. We're hoping it's working and the counts will go down again; otherwise I don't know what will come next. We visited Moffitt in Tampa a few weeks ago, and they have a possible trial he can enter if his FOLFIRI goes south--so that might be a possibility.

Exit Stage left
    2000---50 yrs old--1st colon.--"Great--come back in 10 years."
    2003---"It's in the wall." Resection and chemo--"just as insurance." Did 8 of the 12 5FU and Oxcilaplatin.
    Great for 4 1/2 years
    2009--reoccured--mets to lungs,liver. Been on chemo since with breaks for surgery.

Just have to hang in there and let it know that it will not win.
  • ketziah35
    ketziah35 Member Posts: 1,145

Hi Brooks,
    Stage IIIc, Oct

Hi Brooks,

Stage IIIc, Oct 2007, 8 of 38 lymph nodes positive. Resection and chemo.

Be Blessed,

Debbie

Hi Debbie my mom was
    Hi Debbie my mom was diagnosed with colon cancer. She is in stage iii. She is 67 and in good spirits. If you have any advise (we think 4 of 20 lymphnodes tested positive), we'd really appreciate it.

ketziah
  • hoya1973
    hoya1973 Member Posts: 37
    hobiec said:

Exit Stage left
    2000---50 yrs old--1st colon.--"Great--come back in 10 years."
    2003---"It's in the wall." Resection and chemo--"just as insurance." Did 8 of the 12 5FU and Oxcilaplatin.
    Great for 4 1/2 years
    2009--reoccured--mets to lungs,liver. Been on chemo since with breaks for surgery.

Just have to hang in there and let it know that it will not win.

Stage IV
    April 19, 2010 Stage IV with mets to peritoneal lining and left abdomen. Recent PET scan demonstrates chemo has been effective with tumors reduced by 50%and no sign of nodules! Based on other postings it appears many are holding up well after many years! Keep up the good fight and providing confidence to us rookies....
  • Lisa_R
    Lisa_R Member Posts: 59
    stage 4 june2007-- uterine
    stage 4 june2007-- uterine stage1 june 10
  • mommyof2kds
    mommyof2kds Member Posts: 519
    Lisa_R said:

stage 4 june2007-- uterine
    stage 4 june2007-- uterine stage1 june 10

DX'ed feb 2009 with stage
    DX'ed feb 2009 with stage 3.

Live love and laugh often. Petrina
  • dorothywestin
    dorothywestin Member Posts: 7 Member

DX'ed feb 2009 with stage
    DX'ed feb 2009 with stage 3.

Live love and laugh often. Petrina

DX June 22, 2010
    DX June 22, 2010
    Stage IIA, T-3, N-0, M-0 Adenocarcinoma approx. 3cm in size about 7-8cm from anal verge. Heading to Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa, Florida in the morning for Tues. apt. Female, Age 54. PET and CT do not show any other positive sites. I'm hoping to start chemo and radiation ASAP but know I must be patient as I meet new doctors and get situated. Wish me luck!
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member

DX June 22, 2010
    DX June 22, 2010
    Stage IIA, T-3, N-0, M-0 Adenocarcinoma approx. 3cm in size about 7-8cm from anal verge. Heading to Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa, Florida in the morning for Tues. apt. Female, Age 54. PET and CT do not show any other positive sites. I'm hoping to start chemo and radiation ASAP but know I must be patient as I meet new doctors and get situated. Wish me luck!

You got it - good luck!
    You got it - good luck! Welcome to the site.
  • wifeandmom
    wifeandmom Member Posts: 31

DX June 22, 2010
    DX June 22, 2010

From one Dorothy to another
    Hi Dorothy,
    I was diagnosed in April 2009 at age 49 with T2/T3, N0, M0 adenocarcinoma of the rectum approx. the same size as yours but closer to the anal verge (about 2 cm). Neo-adjuvant chemo (oxaliplatin and xeloda) and radiation, followed by LAR with temporary ileostomy. 12 lymph nodes taken and all were clear. Ileostomy reversed but recto-vaginal fistula developed so I got another temp. ileostomy so I could finish the adjuvant chemo: 8 rounds of oxaliplatin and xeloda. Just finished last week and will have PET/CT on Tuesday. Sorry for the reason but welcome to the board. Wishing you lots of good luck. Feel free to ask me if you have any questions.
    Regards,
    Dorothy
  • dorothywestin
    dorothywestin Member Posts: 7 Member

From one Dorothy to another
    Hi Dorothy,
    I was diagnosed in April 2009 at age 49 with T2/T3, N0, M0 adenocarcinoma of the rectum approx. the same size as yours but closer to the anal verge (about 2 cm). Neo-adjuvant chemo (oxaliplatin and xeloda) and radiation, followed by LAR with temporary ileostomy. 12 lymph nodes taken and all were clear. Ileostomy reversed but recto-vaginal fistula developed so I got another temp. ileostomy so I could finish the adjuvant chemo: 8 rounds of oxaliplatin and xeloda. Just finished last week and will have PET/CT on Tuesday. Sorry for the reason but welcome to the board. Wishing you lots of good luck. Feel free to ask me if you have any questions.
    Regards,
    Dorothy

Thank You
    Thanks Dorothy - I will definitely be in touch. We are heading to Tampa today. I know I'll have lots of questions as I head down this yellow brick road. Amazing the relief I feel knowing I can talk to people who are dealing with this. In some odd way... it is such a sense of relief.
  • theresa8
    theresa8 Member Posts: 61

Thank You
    Thanks Dorothy - I will definitely be in touch. We are heading to Tampa today. I know I'll have lots of questions as I head down this yellow brick road. Amazing the relief I feel knowing I can talk to people who are dealing with this. In some odd way... it is such a sense of relief.

You can do it !
    My husband had the same diagnosis 10 months ago. His tumor was 10cm from the anal verge.
    He's doing fine and will do his last round of chemo in 2 weeks and after a few weeks reversal surgery. This board will really help you along the way.
    Good luck
    Theresa
  • atrue
    atrue Member Posts: 29
    theresa8 said:

You can do it !
    My husband had the same diagnosis 10 months ago. His tumor was 10cm from the anal verge.
    He's doing fine and will do his last round of chemo in 2 weeks and after a few weeks reversal surgery. This board will really help you along the way.
    Good luck
    Theresa

mine was a surprise
    i had gallbladder surgery on may 19 2010, went back for a check-up and was still vomiting and hurting really bad. ended up in the er on may 25 2010 and dr did cat scan with die and there it was in my colon blocking it.did surgery on may 27 2010 took 70% of my colon. 1 LN showed postive.i am 40 years old told i shouldnt have this. someone neglected to tell the cancer that..said i was too young. this was a shocker! mine is stage III B
  • halt
    halt Member Posts: 1

Stage IV Colon Cancer,
    Stage IV Colon Cancer, mets to right ovary, right kidney, and far to long in the liver according to the onc, who can't cure me, just make me feel better.
    DX 02/06/10 @ emergency room.

Survivor of Stage IV dx 11-27-97!!!!!!!
    Hi, I am 49 and I have had every treatment. I was NED for 4 years then since that it has been in my vagina,lungs,peritoneal a couple places, and liver. If you read this and would like to respond I would love to hear from you. I forgot original surgery in 97 my right ovary also
    Judy
  • jararno
    jararno Member Posts: 186
    atrue said:

mine was a surprise
    i had gallbladder surgery on may 19 2010, went back for a check-up and was still vomiting and hurting really bad. ended up in the er on may 25 2010 and dr did cat scan with die and there it was in my colon blocking it.did surgery on may 27 2010 took 70% of my colon. 1 LN showed postive.i am 40 years old told i shouldnt have this. someone neglected to tell the cancer that..said i was too young. this was a shocker! mine is stage III B

Stage IIIC
    Saw blood in stool. Had Colonoscopy and Diagnosed December 2009 ( Merry Christmas ) Had Sigmoid Colectomy February 2010. Lymph node involvement. Started Folfox April 2010. Have had 5 treatments out of 12 so far. Age 57. Had "trots" for over 30 years!