Praise Report!

sea60
sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
After 4 years and 4 months of completing treatment (last Chemo was Valentine's day 2006), I went to see my Oncologist last Friday because I had been having tingling, stinging pain on the right side rib cage area. As much as I didn't want to fess up I had to tell her, knowing she would order that darn PET scan. Had the scan this past Monday and waited...prayed...waited...prayed some more... You know how it is waiting for results. I finally got the call Tuesday at about 2:30 that there was no sign of cancer! Praise God! I had to slip into a conference room and cry because I was so grateful but at the same time realizing too that having these tests will always be so difficult to have to go through. This whole cancer thing sure makes you grateful for each day. You just don't want to take anything for granted.

I'm not sure what the discomfort on the right side is. My right breast was the affected one so I thought maybe radiation or scar tissue?

Blessings~

Sylvia

Comments

• DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Congrats on the clean PET
    Congrats on the clean PET scan! Yes, surviving bc does make me very grateful for each day!

Hugs, Diane
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    That's great news! We will
    That's great news! We will all have to live with the fear of recurrence for the rest of our lives. I'm so happy to read that you are NED. That's wonderful and I certainly hope this status remains with you FOREVER!!
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Thank you
    Thank you for your kind words ladies.

Prayers to all,

Syl
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    Praise God for that great
    Praise God for that great news!! God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice
  • camsgram
    camsgram Member Posts: 106
    I am so thrilled for you and
    I am so thrilled for you and feel your anxiety about tests at the same time. I'm sure we always will. I am so thankful for this sight to share with everyone and support.
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    sea60 said:

Thank you
    Thank you for your kind words ladies.

Prayers to all,

Syl

Great news on your scan!
    Great news on your scan!

Hugs, Jan