I love my friends!

ScubaGirl
ScubaGirl Member Posts: 32
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Today I had my first chemo. Three of my girlfriends gave me a ring this morning engraved with the most beautiful passage. It reads, "what cancer cannot do...steal eternal life...conquer the spirit...suppress memories...kill friendships...cripple love...corrode faith...shatter hope...destroy peace...silence courage...invade the soul". It is the most touching gift I have ever received from a friend and I am grateful to be blessed with the friendship of these fantastic women. I hope that all of you have a Pam, Amy and Jami in you lives.

Comments

• cavediver
    cavediver Member Posts: 607
    you are blessed
    you are blessed to have such good friends there for you! This is a rough road we are all on....and to have friends and family offering love and encouragement is so very important.
    I am happy for you and wish you well on this journey
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    How touching!
    Boy, I'll bet you boo hoo'd!

You sound like you have amazing friends. They'll be such a positive influence for you. I was so overwhelmed at how the people at my office got a schedule together and took turns cooking meals during my Chemo...Wow!

God, family and friends are priceless!

Blessings and hugs to you,

sea
  • 2Floridiansisters
    2Floridiansisters Member Posts: 384 Member
    That is so sweet!!!
    Yes I have a Sharon and a Karen and a Donna and a Sissy and most newest friend, her name is Lorrie!!!
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    What a beautiful gift to
    What a beautiful gift to validate these extra special friends and their love for YOU!! It is so very important to have the support available to get through this journey and I'd say you have it in these very thoughtful ladies. Wear it with honor and keep us posted on your progress.
  • ScubaGirl
    ScubaGirl Member Posts: 32
    MyTurnNow said:

What a beautiful gift to
    What a beautiful gift to validate these extra special friends and their love for YOU!! It is so very important to have the support available to get through this journey and I'd say you have it in these very thoughtful ladies. Wear it with honor and keep us posted on your progress.

I am so glad
    That all of you have good support. This discussion group has brought many new friends into my life. All the best to everyone!
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    cavediver said:

you are blessed
    you are blessed to have such good friends there for you! This is a rough road we are all on....and to have friends and family offering love and encouragement is so very important.
    I am happy for you and wish you well on this journey

What a great gift! I have
    What a great gift! I have too many like them to even mention, but, they help us so much with our journey with bc.

So happy for you!

Hugs, Megan