MOM'S BIRTHDAY / SIGNS SHE IS WITH ME IN SPIRIT

arkansasgirl
arkansasgirl Member Posts: 84
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Well today is my mom's birthday. It is a sad day because I miss her so much. I know she is in a better place due to her breathing problems. I know that if she was here she would not
be able to handle me having breast cancer. Every time she got a new ailment she would always say it was cancer but it never was.
We were BINGO buddies!!! lol She lived with me and hubby the last 10 years of her life.
My mom was one of the best cooks ever! She made all of her pies from scratch.
One of the most memberable moments was baking at christmas.
She made a FRUIT CAKE that cooked in a pressure cooker on stove and everybody she knew and
worked with wanted one. That xmas I bet she made 40 of them. They were all over the kitchen and the dining room. They took an hour to cook and she would stay up all night
making them.

Well when we moved Texas I always wonder if she knew I was here and your not going to believe the signs I have from her and my dad. First of all my dad died in 1993. We found a church to go to and on the back of the prayer list there was my dads name. I totally freaked out. Of all the churches we decided to attend and there was dads name.

After we got here I had to get my truck registered. So I just picked a day went down and got my license plates. The number on the plates were 238. My mom pasted away on 8/23/03.
I asked hubby was this a sign or what. Well a few months later we need to go get the
boat licenses. We traveled about 30 miles and when we got there I didn't have all the paper work, so a couple days later we went back. As I was writing out my check the lady
handed me the plates with the number 823. As you know I got tears in my eyes. What are chances of this happening again? Mom's favorite and lucky number was 13 so if you add 823
you get 13. 13th got married - first house - first car - 2 grand kids! lol

You know moms are special and if you are a lucky one that still has your mom call her today
and tell her you love her. You can not say those words enough.
Sorry this is a long one but you don't know how good it was to talk and write about her.

I'm going to this afternoon and get some balloons and turn them loose in her honor.
A white one because of love, a blue one because I'm sad and a red one her favorite color.

God bless each of you that has taken the time to read this and let me share a part of my parents with you that means a lot.

ARKANSASGIRL

Comments

• 2Floridiansisters
    2Floridiansisters Member Posts: 384 Member
    What a sweet story.
    Thanks for sharing it with us, my mom died 12 years ago and I know too that there is no way she could handle her daughter having cancer. It would just break her heart. I like the idea of the balloons being sent off in her memory, I might just do that one day myself.

Love Ronda
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member

What a sweet story.
    Thanks for sharing it with us, my mom died 12 years ago and I know too that there is no way she could handle her daughter having cancer. It would just break her heart. I like the idea of the balloons being sent off in her memory, I might just do that one day myself.

Love Ronda

A beautiful story! Thank
    A beautiful story! Thank you so much for sharing this with all of us!

Sue :)
  • Christine Louise
    Christine Louise Member Posts: 426 Member
    Love this
    Thanks for your story. You are so right about the specialness of moms! Tomorrow I'm going to visit my mom and have some girl time before my implants surgery next week. Mom is a 30+ years breast cancer survivor. When I got diagnosed, she felt so guilty for passing on bad genes. "It's all my fault," she wailed. Oh, mama. We have such a good time together!
  • camsgram
    camsgram Member Posts: 106
    I think Mom is watching over
    I think Mom is watching over you! What great memories, enjoy them always!
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    camsgram said:

Your Mom is in your life ..watching over you
    I believe it .. without any doubt.

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful story with us.

Vicki Sam
  • arkansasgirl
    arkansasgirl Member Posts: 84
    VickiSam said:

Your Mom is in your life ..watching over you
    I believe it .. without any doubt.

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful story with us.

Vicki Sam

CHILL BUMPS and Her Flowers
    You know as I read all of yalls responses I get chill bumps. Everytime I see those numbers
    I get chill bumps.

Also I still have 2 plants that I got at her funeral which was 8/23/03 that are still alive
    and beautiful. We buried mom in Arkansas so those 2 plants went from Arkansas to Pittsburgh
    PA and now in Texas. One of them sits right under her and dads picture and is growing like
    a weed!!!lol

Arkansasgirl
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    camsgram said:

I agree, your Mother is
    I agree, your Mother is watching over you! Thanks for sharing this with all of us!