flowers from my oncologist!

heidijez
heidijez Member Posts: 441
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
now this was a surprise to be sure!
i posted a couple of days ago how i had to wait almost two hours for my appointment with my oncologist, which then delayed my appointment for chemo. well, there was just a knock on my front door and low and behold, i received a beautiful floral arrangement from my onc and his staff apologizing for the delay!

Comments

• survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    I remember your post as I
    I remember your post as I thought that was horrible how you had to wait.

How sweet of them to send the flowers to you.

You did deserve them! Enjoy them Heidi!

Hugs, Jan
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    That was sweet!
    What a nice gesture for them to do! 2 hour+ waits to see my oncologist was the norm. I'd always have to pack some snacks :P
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    sea60 said:

That was sweet!
    What a nice gesture for them to do! 2 hour+ waits to see my oncologist was the norm. I'd always have to pack some snacks :P

That was really nice! Glad
    That was really nice! Glad you got the flowers!
  • MNLynn
    MNLynn Member Posts: 224
    how nice
    guess they must have understood how hard that was on you . . . it's good that they cared enough to send flowers!
  • Menda
    Menda Member Posts: 128
    It was great hear that they
    It was great hear that they did the thoughtful thing. You deserved those and I will bet it never happens again.
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Menda said:

It was great hear that they
    It was great hear that they did the thoughtful thing. You deserved those and I will bet it never happens again.

I guess they did understand
    I guess they did understand after all how terrible that was to make you wait!

Enjoy your beautiful flowers!
  • Scotch Freckles
    Scotch Freckles Member Posts: 273 Member
    Will Flowers Make It Better?
    The flowers are a nice way to apologize for loosing a patient in a very sensitive environment. But, does that mean they will not loose another patient? I sincerely hope your very unfortunate experience has helped your oncology group better their selves. My offer to hold your hand during your next chemo still stands, if only in proxie. Have a wonderful and safe 4th.

Kathryn