Help - Need a Quick Answer -Can Hot Flashes Cause a Fever?

Hubby
Hubby Member Posts: 325
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Does anyone know if a hot flash can also cause a fever. We are waiting for a call back from Sloan. Donna is running a 101.5 fever that came on in the past hour. Her cheeks and neck got bright red. Like she was having a hot flash.

Bob

Comments

• Dawne.Hope
    Dawne.Hope Member Posts: 823
    Hot flashes are just that a
    Hot flashes are just that a 'flash.' I'm not sure, but I don't think so. It sounds more like an allergic reaction of some sort. Is Sloan the hospital? You need to call her onocologist. Please keep us updated.
  • Tux
    Tux Member Posts: 544
    Bob, I have had many hot
    Bob, I have had many hot flashes, but no fever. But I can not speak medically, so it is good that you have called the experts. Hope your situation can be resolved.
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Bob didnt Donna just have
    Bob didnt Donna just have chemo recently? I thought i was just having hot flashes after my first chemo cuz id get hot then cold but it was a fever not hot flashes. We called the doc and they said the fever was ok as long as it was under 101.5 but if it was that or more then its ER time if you cant get to your doctors. Mine got to 102.5 and i spent 3 days in the hospital tryin to get it down. Your best bet is calling your doc...good luck let us know how shes doin.
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    jo jo said:

Bob didnt Donna just have
    Bob didnt Donna just have chemo recently? I thought i was just having hot flashes after my first chemo cuz id get hot then cold but it was a fever not hot flashes. We called the doc and they said the fever was ok as long as it was under 101.5 but if it was that or more then its ER time if you cant get to your doctors. Mine got to 102.5 and i spent 3 days in the hospital tryin to get it down. Your best bet is calling your doc...good luck let us know how shes doin.

Chemo can cause fever
    Hot flashes are different. I had 101 three days after my first Chemo . My oncologist took a blood sample to rule out infection and I took Tylenol for 2 days
  • Hubby
    Hubby Member Posts: 325
    All is okay; went to the
    All is okay; went to the emergency room; they took her blood counts and a chest x-ray. All were normal; they gave her an antibiotic and sent her home. Fever went to 101.5 came down to 100.3 We'll call back Sloan-Kettering in the morning. Four hours in the emergency room.
  • Dawne.Hope
    Dawne.Hope Member Posts: 823
    Hubby said:

All is okay; went to the
    All is okay; went to the emergency room; they took her blood counts and a chest x-ray. All were normal; they gave her an antibiotic and sent her home. Fever went to 101.5 came down to 100.3 We'll call back Sloan-Kettering in the morning. Four hours in the emergency room.

thank you for the update
    Glad the fever is going down. Sorry about the 4 hrs in ER; no fun. It sounds like others had similiar experiences. You're doing all the 'right' things. Continue to keep us posted.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

thank you for the update
    Glad the fever is going down. Sorry about the 4 hrs in ER; no fun. It sounds like others had similiar experiences. You're doing all the 'right' things. Continue to keep us posted.

Hubby .. Thank you for the update .. Please keep
    your eye on temp. I ended up with a staph infection 100 to 98 to 103.5. 5 day vacation stay at the hospital, enjoying the company of an 'Infectious Disease' doctor and his staff.

Crazy thing called 'Breast Cancer'.

Keeping you both in my prayers.

Vicki Sam