Finally some good news?

jo jo
jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Today i went to the pulmonary doctor for the large mass they found between my lungs. I had another chest x-ray and ultrasound. They said it looks like an older calisification and determined it was from tuberculosis, which i got 3 years ago when i vacationed in Mexico.
So they are not going to do a biopsy on it cuz they compared it to my last xray and it has not grown so they are going to have me do another ultrasound in 4 months to keep an eye on it to be sure. I was glad to hear that...cuz i dont know what i would of done if it was cancer again.
On that same note they also had me do a breathing test where they put you in a glass closet, pinch your nose shut, stick a tube in your mouth and make you breath in many different ways...it was interesting...anyway, they said i also have a mild case of lung disease (COPD)...ouch! Well he did tell me it is reversable at that stage so thats good news.

Comments

• BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    Glad there was nothing to
    Glad there was nothing to the spot in your chest. Glad the early stage COPD can be reversed.

Sending supportive hugs.

Donna
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    That's wonderful!
    I'm so happy to hear your good news!

Thankig God,

sea
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    sea60 said:

That's wonderful!

Thankig God,

sea

Sounds good to me! Hope you
    Sounds good to me! Hope you enjoy your summer.
  • Skeezie
    Skeezie Member Posts: 586 Member
    meena1 said:

Sounds good to me! Hope you
    Sounds good to me! Hope you enjoy your summer.

That is wonderful news!
    You must feel like a 100 lb. weight has been lifted off your chest!

Hugs, Judy :-)
  • 2Floridiansisters
    2Floridiansisters Member Posts: 384 Member
    OMG JoJo
    That's good news for sure but heck you also at one time had Tuberculosis? Lord is there anything left that can go wrong for you?? Do you still have that, I thought once you get TB you suffer from that forever, I could be wrong about it though. JoJo I hate to say this but that is what took my mom's life, she was diagnosed with it and then 4 years later she died from it. Maybe you had something else similar and not TB at all. I hope so, girl I am keeping you in everyone of my prayers.

Love Ronda
  • KayNYC
    KayNYC Member Posts: 495 Member
    such good news
    Dear JoJo,
    I am so happy to hear that that the spot on the xray was a calcification and not a return of the beast invader. Happily, mild COPD can be managed; it must have been such a relief to find that you didn't need to go through another battle with cancer.
    Have a wonderful July 4th holiday.
    Hugs, K
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    KayNYC said:

such good news
    Dear JoJo,
    I am so happy to hear that that the spot on the xray was a calcification and not a return of the beast invader. Happily, mild COPD can be managed; it must have been such a relief to find that you didn't need to go through another battle with cancer.
    Have a wonderful July 4th holiday.
    Hugs, K

Yeh Jo Jo!
    Great news! You must feel so relieved now! Whew!

Here is hoping and praying that the COPD can be taken care of easily!

Have a great weekend!

Sue :)
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Enjoy your weekend Jo Jo
    Glad to hear your "good news." Now it is time for you to rest, relax, or whatever you chose to do this weekend. Enjoy! Hugs, Jean
  • HeartofSoul
    HeartofSoul Member Posts: 729 Member
    Good news that DR did not
    Good news that DR did not find cancer. This link on COPD will give you more details

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/copd/DS00916

Definition
    Symptoms
    Causes
    Risk factors
    Complications
    Preparing for your appointment
    Tests and diagnosis
    Treatments and drugs
    Lifestyle and home remedies
    Coping and support
    Prevention
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Good news for a gal who has
    Good news for a gal who has been thru quite a bit. Reversing that COPD is also good news. Breathe in some fresh air and have a wonderful holiday.
  • jo jo

OMG JoJo
    That's good news for sure but heck you also at one time had Tuberculosis? Lord is there anything left that can go wrong for you?? Do you still have that, I thought once you get TB you suffer from that forever, I could be wrong about it though. JoJo I hate to say this but that is what took my mom's life, she was diagnosed with it and then 4 years later she died from it. Maybe you had something else similar and not TB at all. I hope so, girl I am keeping you in everyone of my prayers.

Love Ronda

Rhonda, Im sorry to hear
    Rhonda, Im sorry to hear about your mom.
    when i got back from Mexico i had what my doctors said was bronchitis but i couldnt get rid of it so i stopped going to the docs cuz nothing they were doing helped only made it worse but finally after 3-4 months of having it, it just started going away (my body sorta just healed itself)but they think thats when the calsification set in.
    A couple years later I had to have a TB test for work and it turned up positive, my doc said i didnt really have TB so there for i couldnt inffect anyone else cuz i was just exposed to TB - which i really never understood that part. Maybe i was like a carrier of it, but as far as me having it for the rest of my life...they said every TB test i have will always be positive even though i dont have it and i did have to go through a year long treatment for it and it was a treatment that cant be interrupted by starting and stopping and if you stopped that was it...so its touchy stuff...actually i was just ending my year long TB treatment when i found i had breast cancer....I started my year with TB and ended my year with BC! Life is interesting...never a dull moment here!
  • jo jo
    Thanks everyone i do feel
    Thanks everyone i do feel much better but have one more to go...im still waiting on the results of the heart thing and probably wont get that till next week. Hopefully that will be just as good...heres to hoping!

Thanks Steve for the website it will come in handy.
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    jo jo said:

Thanks everyone i do feel
    Thanks everyone i do feel much better but have one more to go...im still waiting on the results of the heart thing and probably wont get that till next week. Hopefully that will be just as good...heres to hoping!

Thanks Steve for the website it will come in handy.

So glad that you got some
    So glad that you got some good news. Had to be quite a weight lifted from your shoulders :)
  • camsgram
    camsgram Member Posts: 106
    JoJo I am so glad to hear
    JoJo I am so glad to hear your good news. I've never heard of that test, it does sound strange. Stay strong it looks like things are looking up for you and you absolutly deserve it! Kathie (your iowa friend!)
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    sea60 said:

That's wonderful!

Thankig God,

sea

Glad to read the good news
    Glad to read the good news jojo.

Hugs, Jan