Dr.'s should listen to their patients!

sweetvickid
sweetvickid Member Posts: 459 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Went in today and the Dr. agreed with me that my incision is not healed. We will be putting chemo off for another two weeks.

Have to be honest and admit I was a tad bit smug and enjoyed telling her I told you so!

Comments

• Christine Louise
    Christine Louise Member Posts: 426 Member
    Yeah, they should
    The best doctors I've ever had are the ones that took my concerns seriously and really investigated them.

You've won another battle in this war, so rest and heal up!

PS: When you do start chemo, be super careful about all their precautions when your blood counts are down.
  • sweetvickid
    sweetvickid Member Posts: 459 Member

Yeah, they should
    The best doctors I've ever had are the ones that took my concerns seriously and really investigated them.

You've won another battle in this war, so rest and heal up!

PS: When you do start chemo, be super careful about all their precautions when your blood counts are down.

I do
    I made it thru 4 rounds of TAC with xeloda and avastin then 4 rounds of ACT with avastin before I had surgery. I basically became a recluse! LOL medical staff were amzed that I never ended up in the hospital. I credit being well educated about my care and then being in good health to start with.
  • Christine Louise
    Christine Louise Member Posts: 426 Member

I do
    I made it thru 4 rounds of TAC with xeloda and avastin then 4 rounds of ACT with avastin before I had surgery. I basically became a recluse! LOL medical staff were amzed that I never ended up in the hospital. I credit being well educated about my care and then being in good health to start with.

You're strong
    Wow -- you must be taking good care of yourself. I "only" had 4 rounds of TC but managed to get a nasty upper respiratory tract infection because I wasn't enough of a recluse! Thought I had to run the errands, etc. Foolish.
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000

I do

Wishing you good luck Vicki!
    Wishing you good luck Vicki! Glad that your doctors finally listened to you!

Hugs, Megan
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Megan M said:

Wishing you good luck Vicki!
    Wishing you good luck Vicki! Glad that your doctors finally listened to you!

Hugs, Megan

Sweetvickid .. I too had several of these smug
    moments with my Oncologist and his PA .. I silently laughed out loud to myself!!! Sad to say, it's sometimes the only way to get them to listen you.

Vicki Sam
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    VickiSam said:

Sweetvickid .. I too had several of these smug
    moments with my Oncologist and his PA .. I silently laughed out loud to myself!!! Sad to say, it's sometimes the only way to get them to listen you.

Vicki Sam

Happy they listened finally!
    Happy they listened finally! Good luck!