Bought 2 wigs today, first Chemo in the morning!

TulsaMomof3
TulsaMomof3 Member Posts: 105
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I am ready, buying wigs was an experirence. I got one that looks alot like my own hair and then for fun I bought one that is a bit longer than I have ever worn my hair and its a little darker. I plan on getting a couple more for fun options. I have my bag ready with a laptop, dvd, book, snacks, a blanket! I think I am prepared!

Comments

• camsgram
    camsgram Member Posts: 106
    Yep I'd say your more than
    Yep I'd say your more than prepared! It will be over before you know it.
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    Best of luck tomorrow.You
    Best of luck tomorrow.You sound very prepared. I know my first one was not near as bad as I thought it would be, and it will be over before you know it. Prayers coming your way God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice
  • waffle8
    waffle8 Member Posts: 234
    first time
    Will say a prayer for you....It was nothing like I expected...I would tell you not to be nervous but I know its hard tto imagine....Before you know it will be over...You will have to fill out a long questionare for the study your first visit.....Is someone going with you?
    Many Blessings.
  • ppurdin
    ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181 Member
    First chemo
    Good Luck tomorrow.I will say a Prayer for you.As you know it is doable.Sounds like you had fun with the wigs.
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    :)
    Good luck tomorrow ! Sounds like you're fully prepared. Please share with us how it went for you, I'll be in your shoes in a few months here.
    Hugs*
    Heather
  • Christine Louise
    Christine Louise Member Posts: 426 Member
    Love your positive attitude!
    I keep trying to have fun with my hats and scarves, and it does keep me entertained, confident and more patient with the hair loss. I'm glad you enjoyed the wig shopping. You sound great, and I hope chemo is a breeze.
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    camsgram said:

Yep I'd say your more than
    Yep I'd say your more than prepared! It will be over before you know it.

You are prepared! Good luck
    You are prepared! Good luck tomorrow!

Hugs, Diane
  • heidijez
    heidijez Member Posts: 441
    lots of hugs being sent your way
    you sound so ready for this, you brought a smile to my face! good luck to you - i hope you have an easy time today.
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Let us know how you did today.
    Sounds like you were more than prepared. Hope all went well. I too, have 2 wigs for when my hair comes out. One similiar to my hair now and the other is a RED wig, that I absolutely love. When we were looking at them before hand, my husband jokingly said I like the red one. Boy was he surprised when he found out that was one of the ones I got. So I have a "play" wig and a "work" wig.

Take it easy this weekend! Hugs, Jean
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Jean 0609 said:

Let us know how you did today.
    Sounds like you were more than prepared. Hope all went well. I too, have 2 wigs for when my hair comes out. One similiar to my hair now and the other is a RED wig, that I absolutely love. When we were looking at them before hand, my husband jokingly said I like the red one. Boy was he surprised when he found out that was one of the ones I got. So I have a "play" wig and a "work" wig.

Take it easy this weekend! Hugs, Jean

I more thing that I took that provided me with
    comfort .. socks .. at times my room where I received chemo was very very cold .. my socks made me comfy enough to sleep off and on during my 6 1/2 hour chemo treatments. We are all different - but my socks made all the difference in the world for me.

Good luck - take a tablet, write down questions you have for your Oncologist or Onc RN - this helped me .. as my chemo treatments continued, and chemo brain kicked in.

Best of Luck -- We are all PULLING for you.

VickiSam
  • ScubaGirl
    ScubaGirl Member Posts: 32
    Good luck TulsaMom!
    Best of luck in chemo! I had my first last thursday and my neulasta yesterday. I feel great today, much better than I expected to feel after chemo. Sounds like you are prepared and had a good time getting a wig and some fun ones coming soon! Best of luck!
  • putzie
    putzie Member Posts: 66 Member
    Good luck on your chemo!! I
    Good luck on your chemo!! I bought some wigs prior to starting chemo as well so that I was ready when the time came. I use wigs.com and sometimes they have great sales!!!
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    ppurdin said:

First chemo
    Good Luck tomorrow.I will say a Prayer for you.As you know it is doable.Sounds like you had fun with the wigs.

Hoping your chemo went
    Hoping your chemo went easily for you!

Enjoy your new wigs!

Hugs, Megan