Last Chemo tomorrow!

dianebraun
dianebraun Member Posts: 51
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Blood counts are good....last chemo is tomorrow! I just can't wait to be done with this and I really can't WAIT for my hair to come back. I'm thinking I won't get new "viable" growth for 3 months, but the chemo was more time than that, so I must be patient. I think I'm going to take a month off before I start Tamoxifen so I can enjoy a bit of the summer without feeling like another roller coaster ride on oral chemo.
Good luck to everyone else just beginning their rollercoaster ride, and the ride DOES eventually come to a stop. (The reference to the rollercoaster is for people who really don't like the thrill of coasters! I'm more of a ferris wheel kind of person...slow, controlled and predictable!)

Comments

• dianebraun
    Sorry for the sentences
    Sorry for the sentences errors on my last comment. I really am tired and I should go to bed!
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930

Sorry for the sentences
    Sorry for the sentences errors on my last comment. I really am tired and I should go to bed!

Congrats a little bit early
    Congrats a little bit early on you finishing chemo! You will have accomplished a huge milestone in your treatment of bc. You must be so happy!

Hope you have plans to celebrate this..you should!

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • dianebraun
    susie09 said:

Congrats a little bit early
    Congrats a little bit early on you finishing chemo! You will have accomplished a huge milestone in your treatment of bc. You must be so happy!

Hope you have plans to celebrate this..you should!

♠♣ Susie ♠♣

Yes, probably why I can't
    Yes, probably why I can't sleep. It will just make me sleep better tomorrow night :) Thanks Susie.
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930

Yes, probably why I can't
    Yes, probably why I can't sleep. It will just make me sleep better tomorrow night :) Thanks Susie.

You are just too excited,
    You are just too excited, which I would be too. Try to get some sleep though if you can. I bet you sleep like a baby tomorrow. The end of chemo...how wonderful!

Nite Diane, sleep well if you can!
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    susie09 said:

You are just too excited,
    You are just too excited, which I would be too. Try to get some sleep though if you can. I bet you sleep like a baby tomorrow. The end of chemo...how wonderful!

Nite Diane, sleep well if you can!

Huge congrats to you Diane!
    Huge congrats to you Diane! Tomorrow you will be a Chemo Grad!

Enjoy it!

Sue :)
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    GO GIRL
    Congratulations to you and enjoy your summer! You are waiting for your hair to come back and I'm waiting for mine to come out. Just had my first treatment 8 days ago, so I know its coming. HAPPY SUMMER!
  • dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    Jean 0609 said:

GO GIRL
    Congratulations to you and enjoy your summer! You are waiting for your hair to come back and I'm waiting for mine to come out. Just had my first treatment 8 days ago, so I know its coming. HAPPY SUMMER!

Congrats Diane! When we
    Congrats Diane! When we finish chemo it's like a huge step back to our normal lives...enjoy the relief of being done!
  • Christine Louise
    Christine Louise Member Posts: 426 Member
    Happy for you, chemo grad
    Yea, you're done! I, too, am waiting on the Tamoxifen a while. Last chemo was 5 weeks ago and maybe, maaayybeee, I have a bit of fuzz growing. Thanks for the reminder to be patient! Best of luck to you and enjoy your summer.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

Happy for you, chemo grad
    Yea, you're done! I, too, am waiting on the Tamoxifen a while. Last chemo was 5 weeks ago and maybe, maaayybeee, I have a bit of fuzz growing. Thanks for the reminder to be patient! Best of luck to you and enjoy your summer.

Diane - Congratulations! A huge milestone
    in your walk to meeting up with NED and taking that first dance!

Please take care of yourself, and enjoy this moment. We are like small buds .. waiting to open up and bloom, again. First we see that little spring in our steps .. then we feel that fuzz or hair growning back .. eye lashes, brows - it all returns - perhaps, not as quickly as we want - but it does grow back. Your life, will return as well ..

Strength, Courage and Peace to you ..

Vicki Sam
  • greyhoundluvr
    greyhoundluvr Member Posts: 402
    Diane -
    Congratulations for being on your last one! It is a huge milestone - as everyone told me, you will start feeling stronger. I hope this is an easy one and you have a wonderful month off!
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Congrads Diane...Its such a
    Congrads Diane...Its such a good feeling to be done with chemo...another step closer to being back to normal now.
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    dyaneb123 said:

Congrats Diane! When we
    Congrats Diane! When we finish chemo it's like a huge step back to our normal lives...enjoy the relief of being done!

Congrats! What a great
    Congrats! What a great accomplishment!
  • waffle8
    waffle8 Member Posts: 234
    jo jo said:

Congrads Diane...Its such a good feeling to be done with chemo...another step closer to being back to normal now.

Congrats
    What a great feeling being done....I have been thinking about the tamoxifen and I think I will start sooner then later that way it will be over sooner...
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    jo jo said:

Congrats Diane!

Congrats Diane!
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Jean 0609 said:

GO GIRL

Congratulations! Hugs, Jan
    Congratulations!

Hugs, Jan
  • putzie
    putzie Member Posts: 66 Member
    Congratulations Diane!!!!
    Congratulations Diane!!!! You made it to the end of the tunnel!! Just think, all of those nasty side-effects won't get to you anymore!!!
  • dianebraun
    putzie said:

Congratulations Diane!!!!
    Congratulations Diane!!!! You made it to the end of the tunnel!! Just think, all of those nasty side-effects won't get to you anymore!!!

Thank you, everyone. Chemo
    Thank you, everyone. Chemo is done. Just working off the nasty side effects and tomorrow will be a better day. :)
  • mvannie
    mvannie Member Posts: 16

Thank you, everyone. Chemo
    Thank you, everyone. Chemo is done. Just working off the nasty side effects and tomorrow will be a better day. :)

tamoxifen
    I'm so happy for you and a little jealous. My last chemo is tomorrow and I will be done with it. I am going on femera and aromatase inhibitor after the chemo for five years. Remember the tamoxifen is not a chemo but an ant-estrogen. Lets hope we don't have any side effects from them.