MissRenee How's The Hair

Scotch Freckles
Scotch Freckles Member Posts: 273 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi Renee

How's the hair going or is it coming these days?

Kathryn

Comments

• missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Hi Kathryn!
    I still look like a cross between a baby chick and a peach! AND, what is there is white! So, right now, I'm loving all my colorful headscarves! Still nice not to have to shave legs/underarms though. And, I'm not missing the 30 minutes it took me to blow dry/flat iron my shoulder length hair. So, there are blessings on this journey!

Hugs to you,
    Renee
  • Balentine
    Balentine Member Posts: 393
    missrenee said:

Hi Kathryn!
    I still look like a cross between a baby chick and a peach! AND, what is there is white! So, right now, I'm loving all my colorful headscarves! Still nice not to have to shave legs/underarms though. And, I'm not missing the 30 minutes it took me to blow dry/flat iron my shoulder length hair. So, there are blessings on this journey!

Hugs to you,
    Renee

I know how you feel Renee
    Mine looks like a babies hair when it starts coming in and you can still see my scalp but about a week ago I just got plain tired of wearing something on my head and it was about 98 degrees outside. So I just decided it was time to ditch the head coverings and let people stare. My desire to feel comfortable again began to outweigh how I felt about people staring. I did not think I would ever get there but I did and it is nice to have the wind blow through my tiny hairs :)
    Lorrie
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Balentine said:

I know how you feel Renee
    Mine looks like a babies hair when it starts coming in and you can still see my scalp but about a week ago I just got plain tired of wearing something on my head and it was about 98 degrees outside. So I just decided it was time to ditch the head coverings and let people stare. My desire to feel comfortable again began to outweigh how I felt about people staring. I did not think I would ever get there but I did and it is nice to have the wind blow through my tiny hairs :)
    Lorrie

doesnt it feel nice and who
    doesnt it feel nice and who cares what people think!! first hot day I ditched the baseball cap. hot flashes etc... just too much. I found once it started it really took off hope it goes the same for you
  • Scotch Freckles
    Scotch Freckles Member Posts: 273 Member
    missrenee said:

Hi Kathryn!

Hugs to you,
    Renee

Hair Hair
    Even after all these years I still don't have to shave my legs and underarms as frequently. That suits me just fine, it's the thin eye brows that really bugs me. At least the scarves keeps the sweat from running down your face. That really got to me.

Kath