What's in your name?

Comments

• new2me
    new2me Member Posts: 177 Member
    Hubby said:

DH - Dear Hubby - Hubby
    I sort of joined not as me, but as the husband and I wasn't that comfortable using a name until Tracy got me to post it (although she is the only one who hasn't called me Bob yet in a responce). Normally I use either "manicbob" (which is kind of what happens to me; I'm either up or down- Higher highs; lower lows) or "undertoad" which is from The World According to Garp.

To Vicky Sam/Kiki: Samaduroff sounds like a shortened "Ellis Island" name; shouldn't it be Samaduroffsky or something like that; I'm half Russian :)

To ChenHeart; so literally, your name would mean "small heart", but seems to mean exactly the opposite since you seem to have one of the biggest hearts on this board!

new2me is simple
    This is all so new to me. I'm the first in my family to experience breast cancer. Never ever thought it would happen to me.
    My real name is Kelly.
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    mimivac said:

Ayse,
    Hi, I'm Turkish, too. Born in Istanbul; immigrated to the U.S. in 1979. My mom's middle name is Ayse.

WOW Mimi
    So nice to meet a fellow turkish woman on here.

So do you still speak the language?

I am so excited, I hardly know any turkish people in the US

Ayse
  • dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    new2me said:

new2me is simple
    This is all so new to me. I'm the first in my family to experience breast cancer. Never ever thought it would happen to me.
    My real name is Kelly.

hummm interesting
    hummm interesting thread....
    well the Dyan is how I spell my first name...really Diane..but I liked the way Dyan Cannon spelled it in the 70's so I changed it..e b are the middle and last intiials and the 123 just rhymed so I could remember it...but I go by Dee on the boards...:)
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member

Привет Виктория
    Самодуров трудно не только писать но и произносить.

Привет, Виктория (VickiSam) и Новый Цветок! (New Flower!)
    Русский язык! Какой сюрприз, девушки! (What a surprise to see Russian!)

Трейси
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    TraciInLA said:

Трейси

Ok you guys...stop cussing
    Ok you guys...stop cussing at us. LMAO!

Leeza
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    TraciInLA said:

Трейси

Traci
    you make me laugh. No wonder that we have so much in common. You have great sense of humor. We definitely have to meet in person before I go to Orange county.
    Thank you
  • EveningStar2
    EveningStar2 Member Posts: 491 Member
    Well
    I was evening star on CB radio years and years ago.. I chose that because I work nights and "I don't shine in morning". The 2 got tacked on when I couldn't get evening star on some other site.

The 3 cats are really mine (or I'm theirs) and by some chance we caught them all on my lap AND got the picture taken.

Maureen
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Two diagnoses in 1 week
    That's where my name came from. I received the diagnosis of endometrial cancer on April 22, 2010. I had my breast biopsy the following Monday, the 26th, and heard the diagnosis of breast cancer on the 28th - a "double whammy". My real name is Suzanne.
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    well my on screen name isn't
    well my on screen name isn't much of a mystery -Heatherbelle. My name is Heather, and waaaay back in 8th grade, one of my best friends started calling me 'Heatherbelle'. And it stuck. And stuck. Through middle and high school and beyond!
  • geobarb22
    geobarb22 Member Posts: 17
    good diversion
    I like the diversion. It is interesting to hear how folds come up with names. I am a geologist, so no big leap to geobarb.

finished chemo, on to radiation! feeling good!
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    weazer said:

What's in your name?
    Hello,
    My Wonderful family gave me the nick name Weazer, after Shirley McClian in the movie Steel Magnolias.
    Take care Karie

i love Steel Magnolias, and
    i love Steel Magnolias, and I love Weezer Boudreaux!!! i used to have a dog named pee-wee, and she was mean as spit, so we called her Weezer after the character too. I'm sure you're much nicer though ;)
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    aisling8 said:

My screen name
    is pronounced Ash-ling. It is Irish/Gaelic and means "vision" or "dream." The 8 is because Aisling alone was taken so I added my favorite number.

Victoria

Interesting!
    What a great post! Interesting how everyone came to their name. Guess I am just a dud, it is just my name. LOL

♥ Kristin ♥
  • bjmom1
    bjmom1 Member Posts: 152
    screen name
    BJmom1 stand for baby Jon mom and he number one in my life. My son do not like to be call baby jon so I call him BJ for short.

Barb
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    aysemari said:

WOW Mimi
    So nice to meet a fellow turkish woman on here.

So do you still speak the language?

I am so excited, I hardly know any turkish people in the US

Ayse

Ayse,
    I do speak Turkish, although not great. I've been told I speak Turkish like a Greek! LOL. I have no idea what that means, but I guess it's not good. I know some Turks, but I actually only have one good Turkish friend. Were you born in the U.S.?

Mimi
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    mimivac said:

Ayse,
    I do speak Turkish, although not great. I've been told I speak Turkish like a Greek! LOL. I have no idea what that means, but I guess it's not good. I know some Turks, but I actually only have one good Turkish friend. Were you born in the U.S.?

Mimi

Merhaba Mimi
    Actually I was born in germany, I am transplanted transplant =)

I am in Tempe,AZ where are you ?

Ayse
  • contrail
    contrail Member Posts: 129
    My Email Name
    My husband was a pilot in the Air Force and also flew commercially before he retired in 2005. My name is Connie and one of our Air Force friends came up with the nickname of Connie Contrail. The contrails are the vapor trails you see following a plane when it is humid.
    The name stuck and was an automatic name for my email.
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    natly15 said:

Hi Pink sisters. My Turn Now
    Hi Pink sisters. My Turn Now I really like this idea.

Natly is named after my dad who died of metatastic (spelling??) lung cancer in 1997. Some of his cousins called him Natly. His name was Natale Leonardi. Natale means Christmas in Italian. The 15 is my birthday. I would have used my real name had I realized many of the gals on the boards do just that, however being ever so sceptical of what one provides on the internet I chose Natly15 which I love. My real name is Sandra but my friends call me Sandy. I would not have minded being named Natalie, really like that name. :)

It's my name! But, no one
    It's my name! But, no one pronounces it correctly. LOL

You say it like Keyelee. Did that make sense? LOL
  • contrail said:

My Email Name
    My husband was a pilot in the Air Force and also flew commercially before he retired in 2005. My name is Connie and one of our Air Force friends came up with the nickname of Connie Contrail. The contrails are the vapor trails you see following a plane when it is humid.
    The name stuck and was an automatic name for my email.

faith_trust_and_a_little_bit_of_chemotherapy
    Yep, I beat up Peter Pan, jacked the quote, and changed it accordingly.

Tinkerbell is a scrappy little thing, if only I can be half as feisty kicking cancer to the curb!
  • Flakey_Flake
    Flakey_Flake Member Posts: 130
    I was named by my chemo
    I was named by my chemo brain. When I first registered, my usual screen names were taken. It was snowing outside, and the tv kept playing a commercial for Dairy Queen where one of the lyrics was "Ice Cream and Cakey-cake ... Ice Cream and Cakey Cake ..." I was feeling kind of like I wasn't quite with the world in general ... you know ... flakey. So I tried Flakey_Flake and it worked. Must have been meant to be.
  • survives
    survives Member Posts: 254 Member

I was named by my chemo
    I was named by my chemo brain. When I first registered, my usual screen names were taken. It was snowing outside, and the tv kept playing a commercial for Dairy Queen where one of the lyrics was "Ice Cream and Cakey-cake ... Ice Cream and Cakey Cake ..." I was feeling kind of like I wasn't quite with the world in general ... you know ... flakey. So I tried Flakey_Flake and it worked. Must have been meant to be.

Mine is because my daughter
    Mine is because my daughter walked in to my room after surgery, pointed and said....quite loudly..SHE SURVIVES!!! She nearly scared me to death...I was asleep. However, it's true! I do!

So, there it is!

My name is Jennifer.