You know how you hold your breath and hope?

sbmly53
sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I had a lumpectomy 12/7/09, every now and again it hurts. Not real pain, not a dull ache. In between. Anyone else? I know that it does take a while to heal and rads (33 ended 3/8) expands while scarring tightens, but how long do you feel that intermittent pain?

I'm trying to find bras w/o underwire and actually do bra-free days - with a cami & ruffled blouse (camisole w/camaflouge!)

Thanking you all in advance,

Sue

Comments

• Amy23July09
    Amy23July09 Member Posts: 7
    Still hurts
    I had a lumpectomy 21Aug09 and I still have an occasional stab of pain now & then - they seem to be getting further and further apart.
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member

Still hurts
    I had a lumpectomy 21Aug09 and I still have an occasional stab of pain now & then - they seem to be getting further and further apart.

Yes, I know
    what you mean. I understand the stabbing "reconnecting nerves" pain. Recently though, I ache. The whole breast just aches. Certainly not unbearable, but noticeable. I had my three-month checkup with the medical onc last week and she says it's completely normal. She said, well, you had surgery, you had radiation, why wouldn't there be stuff going on in there. Also, under my arm kind of "sticks" or "catches" just above the sentinel node incision. It's all just sorta there. And scared me till the onc said normal.

Made me feel better. Oh, she said it would do it for years.

Victoria
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    Bra suggestion
    I cannot really say anything about the pain you are feeling since I am still having rads and am burnt and sore anyway. I do have a suggestion for a bra that might work. I found some great sports bras at JC Penny. They are quite supportive without any wire and they zip up the front which is great. I was wearing them after my lumpectomy. I had to give them up for now because of the rads. I also found a very light bra - Barely There Microfiber - that I have been using while I am at work.

Hugs
  • Scotch Freckles
    Scotch Freckles Member Posts: 273 Member
    Still Holding My Breath
    My lumpectomy was 4/1/02. There was so much envasive cutting and removing of tissue I still have residual pain.