Aside From THAT, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play????

chenheart
chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Many of you know that I am putting on my battle attire to once again wage war against the Beast. I thought he had surrendered but it turns out, though very wounded, he is standing up wanting to harm me. GRRRRRRRRR! Not so fast, Buster!

On the heels of that Bad News, there is also Good News!

I have not just one, but three "solicitors" from various African countries informing me that I have either won lotteries I didn't know I had even entered, or that I am the beneficiary (with minimal funds transfered) of some grand inheritance! Again, I didn't know I had any of these relatives in such far-flung places! Amazing!

As I am evidently so valued, my opinion will be paid for if I fill out a few online forms, and someone even wants me to be their Secret Shopper!

There are even "Hot Women" who want to talk to me TONIGHT: I am not sure if that is a menopause discussion group; or perhaps a Tamoxifen support group!

Bank Of America and PayPal also want to make sure no one is stealing my money~both of their online offices want me to send them my Passwords along with my SS# so that they can run a security check. I am so touched~ being that I don't feel well, that these organizations will save me a physical trip to the bank and allow me to use my computer to give out my personal information makes it so very easy, don't you think?

Why all of this information ended up in my Spam is so puzzling to me! Ok, my name wasn't spelled exactly right on all of the letters, and the businesses didn't have official logos or anything...but I am so not one to mistrust people!

Ok Ladies and Gentlemen, back to reality! Who are these dispicable people, and who in their right minds opens or responds to these emails???

Have a good rest of the weekend, Kindred Spirits!

Hugs,
Chen♥

Comments

• Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    I read an article that said
    I read an article that said only 1% of the people who receive spam reply but it's profitable enough that the spamers continue. For the most part people who reply do so because of greed. I think all spam should be kept in the tin and not opened.
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    :-)
    Chen I too have won those lotteries and have had Pay Pal willing to assist me and to think all I needed to do was send my password or in the case of the lotteries I just needed to wire a few thousand dollars to get my millions! WOW who would have thought both of us could be so popular. I no longer open those I simply hit DELETE, much like you will be doing the the NASTY beast who is barking up the wrong 50 foot tree. Wishing you all the best!!!

♥ RE ♥
  • roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member
    RE said:

:-)
    Chen I too have won those lotteries and have had Pay Pal willing to assist me and to think all I needed to do was send my password or in the case of the lotteries I just needed to wire a few thousand dollars to get my millions! WOW who would have thought both of us could be so popular. I no longer open those I simply hit DELETE, much like you will be doing the the NASTY beast who is barking up the wrong 50 foot tree. Wishing you all the best!!!

♥ RE ♥

Hi Chen!
    I did not realize you had received bad news. I have been off the site recently due to my work schedule. I'm sorry you are dealing with a setback but I also know you will overcome it.

What a funny post. I don't get those e-mails but my husband does. He has said the same thing about people responding. I guess people want to win big and have blind trust. Not my husband!

Roseann
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Dearest Chen,
    Sounds good to me - all I get are offers to enlarge my penis!

Sue
  • KayNYC
    KayNYC Member Posts: 495 Member
    sbmly53 said:

Dearest Chen,
    Sounds good to me - all I get are offers to enlarge my penis!

Sue

All these offers, to0 little time...LOL
    Oh, I especially liked the increase the size of your penis emails that I got in my work email box at the clinic. Amazing!
    Hugs, K
  • sgamtd
    sgamtd Member Posts: 124
    Chen
    Dear Chen, I have been away for quite some time without internet access, and come back to find lots of changes all around. So many new and still some of the "old" warriors here. To all of you - May you soon be dancing with NED.
    I enjoyed your take on the spam, as always you have such fun to read posts.
    I cant help but focusing on your mentioning of fighting the beast again, sorry to have missed your post on that, but I do so wish for you a quick strike down of the beast again and a 50 foot woman can do that easily.
    God Bless you
    sgamtd
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    sgamtd said:

Chen
    Dear Chen, I have been away for quite some time without internet access, and come back to find lots of changes all around. So many new and still some of the "old" warriors here. To all of you - May you soon be dancing with NED.
    I enjoyed your take on the spam, as always you have such fun to read posts.
    I cant help but focusing on your mentioning of fighting the beast again, sorry to have missed your post on that, but I do so wish for you a quick strike down of the beast again and a 50 foot woman can do that easily.
    God Bless you
    sgamtd

sgamtd,
    I wish I had missed

sgamtd,
    I wish I had missed the post about me having to do battle with the beast again! LOL Thank you for your well wishes; the support from the women ( and of course the men) here on the boards is truly invaluable. It gives me courage when my knees buckle~ not a pretty sight to see a 50 foot woman trip and fall! Lady Gaga and her stupid shoes have nothing on me! :)

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    chenheart said:

sgamtd,
    I wish I had missed

sgamtd,
    I wish I had missed the post about me having to do battle with the beast again! LOL Thank you for your well wishes; the support from the women ( and of course the men) here on the boards is truly invaluable. It gives me courage when my knees buckle~ not a pretty sight to see a 50 foot woman trip and fall! Lady Gaga and her stupid shoes have nothing on me! :)

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Hey Chen
    I've been getting a

Hey Chen
    I've been getting a lot of those lately too..I want to fire back a really nasty reply but I'm sure that would just trigger even more of the **** mailers...they seem to be in a relly busy spamming cycle right now.....the only thing you can do is change your e mail every once in a while.....