Friendship quilt

Double Whammy
Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Just had to share something warm and wonderful. I attended an embroidery club meeting this morning and was presented with a friendship quilt made by 16 of the women in the group. Each embroidered a square and then it was pieced together and quilted. There was no theme, everyone just did something they thought I'd like. And "like" is not the right word. There is no word to describe how I feel about this quilt. What an awsome and thoughtful gesture. It will be with me throughout this journey. I've added my picture to my profile of me wrapped up in it (who cares if it's almost 100 degrees here today?).

Suzanne

Comments

• chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    How absolutely lovely! You
    How absolutely lovely! You are obviously a much loved friend and group member~ how comforting, emotionally and physically it is to have been gifted a quilt! I know you will treasure it and the friends who made it for you forever.

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • GayleMc
    GayleMc Member Posts: 311 Member
    chenheart said:

How absolutely lovely! You are obviously a much loved friend and group member~ how comforting, emotionally and physically it is to have been gifted a quilt! I know you will treasure it and the friends who made it for you forever.

Hugs,
    Chen♥

It's a beautiful quilt and
    It's a beautiful quilt and such a beautiful gift!! Enjoy it, you deserve it!!!
  • linpsu
    linpsu Member Posts: 747
    Beautiful
    What a wonderful gift and a testimony of the friendship and love of these women. You are blessed to have such special friends.
  • camsgram
    camsgram Member Posts: 106
    Your faces say's it
    Your face say's it all!!!!!bottle the feeling!
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    Beautiful
    The quilt is beautiful and what it represents is even more beautiful. Having friends like that at a time when you really need them is a wonderful gift.

Hugs
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    ladyg said:

Beautiful
    The quilt is beautiful and what it represents is even more beautiful. Having friends like that at a time when you really need them is a wonderful gift.

Hugs

that is wonderful and a
    that is wonderful and a testamony to you . you are being hugged by your friends!
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    That is truly an effort of love.
    What an awesome way to "feel" their love...literally!
  • greyhoundluvr
    greyhoundluvr Member Posts: 402
    Suzanne -
    How wonderful and thoughtful of your friends! If there is one thing this darned disease brings out, it is the love. My great niece who is 7 made me Build-a-bear named Chemosabe who went with me to all of my chemo sessions. When she found out that I was going to be getting rads, I got a Build-a-bunny named Radi-Rafiki (rafiki is friend in Swahili) who has a heartbeat. I then got a purse large enough that I can carry them with me - talk about a conversation piece - nothing like seeing a 57 years old woman with stuffed animals in her purse to get things started!! I am sure that quilt will give you love and comfort everywhere it goes!

Chris
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    So wonderful
    and touching! How well loved you are.

Sue
  • heidijez
    heidijez Member Posts: 441
    how lovely!
    both you and the quilt! and how lovely of your friends to honor you this way!
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    This journey is definitely a learning experience
    I've never been sick before, so this is all new to me. I think the most valuable lesson has been what has made me feel better is discovering and actually feeling love from so many friends. The quilt is an exceptional piece of work, but knowing that these women did this together for ME is just amazing. They do have their own lives, afterall. It will be cherished forever.

Suzanne
  • Skeezie
    Skeezie Member Posts: 586 Member

This journey is definitely a learning experience
    I've never been sick before, so this is all new to me. I think the most valuable lesson has been what has made me feel better is discovering and actually feeling love from so many friends. The quilt is an exceptional piece of work, but knowing that these women did this together for ME is just amazing. They do have their own lives, afterall. It will be cherished forever.

Suzanne

How wonderful you must feel...
    Here on this board we often talk about friends turning their backs or not understanding but we don't very often talk about the wonderful, heart warming things our friends and family do for us during this difficult journey. I too had many wonderful thoughtful things done for me...it was all a first for me as well. It's overwhelming isn't it?

You are blessed to have so many wonderful, caring friends, but also it's because you are a wonderful caring friend in return. Thank you for sharing.

Keep us posted on your upcoming surgery on 7-1.

Hugs, Judy :-)
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    chenheart said:

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Wow Suzanne! What an
    Wow Suzanne! What an incredible gift you received! You are so loved by your friends and on here too! You have quite a treasure to always hold near!

Wrap yourself in it all you want! I would!

Hugs, Leeza
  • dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    Skeezie said:

How wonderful you must feel...
    Here on this board we often talk about friends turning their backs or not understanding but we don't very often talk about the wonderful, heart warming things our friends and family do for us during this difficult journey. I too had many wonderful thoughtful things done for me...it was all a first for me as well. It's overwhelming isn't it?

You are blessed to have so many wonderful, caring friends, but also it's because you are a wonderful caring friend in return. Thank you for sharing.

Keep us posted on your upcoming surgery on 7-1.

Hugs, Judy :-)

What a wonderful way to show
    What a wonderful way to show their love and support!
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Oh, Suzanne, You and Your Quilt are Beautiful
    What a wonderful gift--you must feel wrapped up in love! Loving friends and family are the best medicine.

Hugs to you, Renee
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    missrenee said:

Oh, Suzanne, You and Your Quilt are Beautiful
    What a wonderful gift--you must feel wrapped up in love! Loving friends and family are the best medicine.

Hugs to you, Renee

What an absolutely beautiful
    What an absolutely beautiful thing to have done for you! You are so loved!

Everyone should be so lucky to have a quilt like yours!
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    susie09 said:

What an absolutely beautiful
    What an absolutely beautiful thing to have done for you! You are so loved!

Everyone should be so lucky to have a quilt like yours!

what an awesome way of showing love .. It is truly a
    beautiful quilt .. You have such wonderful and caring friends. May you cherish the quilt and friendship forever.

Lucky Lady :D

Vicki Sam
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    VickiSam said:

what an awesome way of showing love .. It is truly a
    beautiful quilt .. You have such wonderful and caring friends. May you cherish the quilt and friendship forever.

Lucky Lady :D

Vicki Sam

♥ Suzanne ♥
    You were given such a beautiful and remarkable gift! It just shows you how loved you are and how much you touch others lives! Truly a keepsake!

Love, Jeanne ♥
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    dyaneb123 said:

What a wonderful way to show
    What a wonderful way to show their love and support!

You are really loved! That
    You are really loved! That is an awesome gift!

Hugs, Debby
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    What a lovely gift to
    What a lovely gift to receive. The best part is it is crafted by the hands of 16 beautiful women who love you. I'm sure you will feel the warmth of their love as you wrap this beautiful quilt around you. Thanks for sharing this moment with all of us.