ChemoAngels

Options
heidijez
heidijez Member Posts: 441
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
A friend of mine (in fact the one who referred me to her breast surgeon) told me about this program. She said it was a wonderful lift to her spirits whenever she heard from her ChemoAngels. It took a while for me to hear back from them, but I just got the notification that my angels have been assigned.

If you are interested, here is the link http://www.chemoangels.net/
Look for "Are You a Chemotherapy Patient?" and submit your application.

Comments

• aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing
    What a great program,

I think I will become an Angel when I am done.

Ayse
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Options
    I Love My ChemoAngels
    Hi Heidi: I have had two ChemoAngels since my chemo started in January of this year. I am now doing radiation, and they are still with me and will be until the end of my treatments. Nancy and Donna (my Angels) send me cards, letters, emails, and gifts (some of which are handmade and absolutely lovely). I truly love them both. We have exchanged pictures and share our lives with each other. This program has been wonderful for me and it seemed every time I had a really bad day, I'd get a card or small gift from one of them. I am definitely going to be a volunteer with this group when I'm done with treatment. They are amazing and I want to be a part of this group. Enjoy your Angels!
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    aysemari said:

Thanks for sharing
    What a great program,

I think I will become an Angel when I am done.

Ayse

Thanks for sharing this
    Thanks for sharing this Heidi!
  • Scotch Freckles
    Scotch Freckles Member Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Angel in my pocket
    I have been carring an angel in my pocket ever since my diagnosis and know she is with me everywhere I go.
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    missrenee said:

I Love My ChemoAngels
    Hi Heidi: I have had two ChemoAngels since my chemo started in January of this year. I am now doing radiation, and they are still with me and will be until the end of my treatments. Nancy and Donna (my Angels) send me cards, letters, emails, and gifts (some of which are handmade and absolutely lovely). I truly love them both. We have exchanged pictures and share our lives with each other. This program has been wonderful for me and it seemed every time I had a really bad day, I'd get a card or small gift from one of them. I am definitely going to be a volunteer with this group when I'm done with treatment. They are amazing and I want to be a part of this group. Enjoy your Angels!

Sounds like a really
    Sounds like a really wonderful program! Thank you Heidi!

Hugs, Megan
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Options
    Thanks for the info
    Thanks Heidi. Even though I just joined this discussion board yesterday, I am amazed at all the information. Hugs to all.