Colored my hair oh my

laurissa
laurissa Member Posts: 773
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Decided to try a medium brown this time to get rid of the reddish. Looks like chimney soot. Its almost black. Has anyone colored their hair yet with bad results? Or good results? Just have to laugh. When does the hair start growing back normal? Its been 5 months and still feels like an angora sweater, its so soft. Back to the drawing board...

Comments

• MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Laurissa, I had mine colored
    Laurissa, I had mine colored by my hairdresser. It turned out beautiful. I remember not too long ago that Pat (ppurdin) colored hers and didn't have the best luck either. Perhaps a professional? Good luck.
  • elm3544
    elm3544 Member Posts: 748
    Mine used to be blond. It
    Mine used to be blond. It grew back in brown and gray so i colored it brown and I look like my grandma, with her short curly hair, which makes me look OLD! I want to lighten it so badly now!
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Me too
    This new hair doesn't take color like the old hair. It either turns orange or gray.
  • ppurdin
    ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181 Member
    Laurissa
    Hi,I put a rinse in my hair when it first came in.It should have been a aulborn and it gave my gray a ugly yellow cast.It finally washed out.Mine is gray with black strecks now.I think its came back in March.And it still looks and feels like peach fuss.I gel it and you can not tell its fuzzy.I think it takes about a year to get back normal hair.it has a lot to do with what hair products we use to make it look better.hang in their.At least we are talking hair now.And not being bald.We have come along way.For you that are bald hang in their.We have all been their if not their now.Love and Prayers. Pat.
  • ppurdin
    MyTurnNow said:

Laurissa, I had mine colored by my hairdresser. It turned out beautiful. I remember not too long ago that Pat (ppurdin) colored hers and didn't have the best luck either. Perhaps a professional? Good luck.

Hair
    Good memory MyTurnNow.I have not dyed it since.I get alot of complements on my gray and black hair.If I do dye it I will wait till I loss 40 more lbs.That will be my goal weight.I will for sure go to a profectional.The Chemo does a job on our hair.
  • ppurdin
    MyTurnNow said:

Hair
    Good memory MyTurnNow.I have not dyed it since.I get alot of complements on my gray and black hair.If I do dye it I will wait till I loss 40 more lbs.That will be my goal weight.I will for sure go to a profectional.The Chemo does a job on our hair.
  • ppurdin
    MyTurnNow said:

Hair
  • ppurdin
    MyTurnNow said:

Hair
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    ppurdin said:

Laurissa
    Hi,I put a rinse in my hair when it first came in.It should have been a aulborn and it gave my gray a ugly yellow cast.It finally washed out.Mine is gray with black strecks now.I think its came back in March.And it still looks and feels like peach fuss.I gel it and you can not tell its fuzzy.I think it takes about a year to get back normal hair.it has a lot to do with what hair products we use to make it look better.hang in their.At least we are talking hair now.And not being bald.We have come along way.For you that are bald hang in their.We have all been their if not their now.Love and Prayers. Pat.

Just call me 'LUCY' .. yes, I have about 2 inches
    of hair .. and you would all think that I would be happy with that .. Needed a change, wanted to go dark brownie red .. so my daughter went to the local drug store and picked up 6 different shades of hair color for me .. I selected 2 to mix together -- okay .. can we all say together .. VIRGIN HAIR .. big red .. Lucille Ball. I hurried up and applied a darker shade of 7N brown .. now my hair is dark brown/black with bight red high lites.. hahahahaha I think I used permanent dye. I was so excited to color my hair ... I just opened the boxes and went for it.

I am a natural blond - who's hair has turned to dishwater blond now with a few gray's .. and I normally get blond hi lites.. Now that I see myself .. Red is NOT my color. My hairdress asked me to wait another 3 weeks, before she tries to fix my color .. I am hopeful that I will be off of lock down by that time .. otherwise .. I will have to SNEAK out -- My new hair color -- Doesn't look good.

RED .. aka VickiSam