j2twin
j2twin Member Posts: 28
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Had a lumpectomy where they got all the invasive cancer but not all the DCIS. Had second surgery where lymph nodes was removed it was negative and the rest of DCIS was removed. I am stage 1A. ER positve and am taking Arimdex. Oncotype Dx results of it coming back 15%. Decided against chemo because I was told it would only drop it 1-3%. Have Started radiation treatment.

Comments

• MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Welcome, j2twin. Your
    Welcome, j2twin. Your decision against chemo is a very personal decision and one that some of us have a hard time making. As you complete your radiation, make sure to use the creams advised by your rads onc and rest when you feel fatigued. Everything you have left to do is very do-able and do not hesitate to ask questions as they come up. We're not doctors here but can certainly share our support, encouragement and knowledge. You've come to the right place!!
  • marilyndbk
    marilyndbk Member Posts: 238 Member
    Welcome
    Welcome, j2twin. This is an amazing site that has given me so much info, courage, support, It is a journey none of us asked for. Know you are not alone. Take care. Marilyn
  • Christine Louise
    Christine Louise Member Posts: 426 Member
    Welcome
    Hi, j2twin! I hope your treatments go well. Let us know how you're doing!
  • KayNYC
    KayNYC Member Posts: 495 Member
    Welcome J2Twin
    I also had a lumpectomy with sentinal node excision (6) wtih lymph nodes negative and ER,PR+,HER-. I am starting Arimidex tomorrow. I did not have an Oncotype performed because my C was too small to perform the ONCOTYPE Dx test on (it was only 6mm). I completed my rads two weeks ago tomorrow. Sorry you had to deal with this too but glad you found this discussion board. The Pink warriors here are wonderful, supportive and informative.
    How are you doing on the Arimidex?
    Hugs, K
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Hi j2twin,
    Sorry you have to

Hi j2twin,
    Sorry you have to be here and its hard since every decision you make about your cancer is a major decision. Good luck with the rad treatments.
  • greyhoundluvr
    greyhoundluvr Member Posts: 402
    j2twin
    Welcome to the site - everyone here is great and will be with you every step of the way. Good luck with the rads!
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Hi
    Good luck with rads. Its not too terribly bad. Keep posting on your progress.
  • Tux
    Tux Member Posts: 544
    Welcome to this discussion
    Welcome to this discussion board! I was in your spot one year ago. Now, rads are all done & I am able to move forward. I hope the same progress occurs for you. I have learned so much from this board, and you can, too. Post back & let us know how everything is going.

Wishing you the best...