Stem Cell Transplant

Jan survives
Jan survives Member Posts: 7
I had an auto stem cell transplant in 02/2009. My platelets are still only in the 50's. Has anyone else experienced this? Other then that I am feeling mostly good!

Comments

• dixiegirl
    dixiegirl Member Posts: 1,043 Member
    Congrats
    Congratulations you are feeling well. Can't comment on the sct, I haven't had one, and am trying not to if at all possible.

Keep on getting better and better.

Beth
  • Jan survives
    dixiegirl said:

Congrats
    Congratulations you are feeling well. Can't comment on the sct, I haven't had one, and am trying not to if at all possible.

Keep on getting better and better.

Beth

Beth
    Thanks! I saw the Doc today. I am in good shape. No scans for 4 months. Yahoo!
  • JoanieP
    JoanieP Member Posts: 573

Beth

Great news
    Great to hear that you can wait for 4 months for scans. God bless your journey
  • vinny59
    vinny59 Member Posts: 1,036 Member

Beth

no scans!!!
    awesome for you!!!!
  • merrywinner
    merrywinner Member Posts: 626 Member

Beth

Great news for you!

Great news for you!
  • COBRA666
    COBRA666 Member Posts: 2,401 Member
    scans
    HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • dixiegirl
    dixiegirl Member Posts: 1,043 Member
    COBRA666 said:

scans
    HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very Happy
    Congratulations on the good visit! It's amazing how good it feels to go 4 months at a time.

Beth
  • DennisR
    DennisR Member Posts: 148
    Hey Jan....congrats on the
    Hey Jan....congrats on the sct...I also had a sct in 2/09 and have experienced yo-yoing blood counts ever since. Ocassionally they go quite low and then build back up again for no apparent reason. I did experience a bout with pneumonia a couple of months ago, but seem to have recovered from that ok. I suspect I have had a mild case of pneumonia for quite a long time, because once I was treated with some very strong antibiotics, I have recovered and actually have far more stamina and strength than I have had at any time since the transplant.
    Good luck
  • Jan survives
    DennisR said:

Hey Jan....congrats on the
    Hey Jan....congrats on the sct...I also had a sct in 2/09 and have experienced yo-yoing blood counts ever since. Ocassionally they go quite low and then build back up again for no apparent reason. I did experience a bout with pneumonia a couple of months ago, but seem to have recovered from that ok. I suspect I have had a mild case of pneumonia for quite a long time, because once I was treated with some very strong antibiotics, I have recovered and actually have far more stamina and strength than I have had at any time since the transplant.
    Good luck

Stem Cell Transplant
    Thanks Dennis! I am glad to hear you are feeling a little better. I have 2 children and I am lucky I have not been sick since the transplant. A little cold here and there. I am a germ phobe and have made my kids the same. We hand sanitize and stopped public drinking fountains. I think its helped keep me healthy. I finally returned to work this past December. It sucks my energy but everyday gets easier. Right now the humid conditions in Cleveland Ohio are zapping me! lol! I can deal with that! Best Wishes to you! Jan