AUS Recipients -The Gold Standard--Activities

lion1
lion1 Member Posts: 241
edited March 2014 in Prostate Cancer #1
To all AUS Recipients,

First off I know your decision wasn't an easy one, but your quality of life was suffering and yes I maybe headed down that road after being incontinent for 4 yrs so please respond as to just how active a person could be after receiving the AUS.

When all the healing is complete can you still carry your 2 yr old Grandson on your back and throw him up in the air?

Can you ride a bike with your spouse and not fear upsetting the AUS?

Can you golf, bowl, run a mile?

Can you lift weights?

Can you play softball?

Can you mow your lawn and dig up your flower bed?

Can you fish, hunt, ski, or watercraft?

I could go on and on AND IT'S REAL IMPORTANT TO KNOW WHAT I AM TRADING MY LEAKING FOR?

I solicit your honest answers because the decision is life-changing.

After all this is the Gold-Standard? Is life Golden after it?

For all of us who are looking for good reasons to move us to a life-changing decision as the AUS-----------WE NEED TO KNOW HOW INACTIVE DOES IT MAKE YOU??

Finally, if your erections are good, how will my sex life be affected? My wife is really interested in that area.

Thanks so much for your feedback............I just fired my current Doctor after being non-reponsive the last 4 months, it's too bad because I know he knew his stuff. Just got referred to at a new hospital in Florida.

Sincerely,

Lion1

Comments

• Trew
    Trew Member Posts: 932 Member
    Those are good questions. I
    Those are good questions. I am facing the same decison myself. I can hardly stand being wet any more. Something has to be done, soon.
  • harvs
    harvs Member Posts: 54
    Gold Standard
    *Yes – just need a split seat. No horseback riding though
    *Yes, yes, yes. I don’t golf, but I do bowl and do the treadmill with no problem
    Can you lift weights?
    *Yes – I do this twice a week
    Can you play softball?
    *Yes – just watch the sliding
    *Yes, yes. – No problems here
    *Yep.
    Finally, if your erections are good, how will my sex life be affected? My wife is really interested in that area.
    *I can’t help you here. Mine weren’t good (nonexistent), so I had the inflatable penile implant done with the AUS.

As I’ve mentioned here before, these devices have given me my life back.
    Gone from 6-8 pads a day to barely one.
    My wife loves the implant. It’s always ready and never backs down half way through.
  • NM
    NM Member Posts: 214
    NM
    Good luck on your decision and sometimes changing doctors is a good thing. I know it was for me....Praying in my own way whatever decision you makes gives you peace.

Nick
  • lion1
    harvs said:

Gold Standard
    *Yes – just need a split seat. No horseback riding though
    *Yes, yes, yes. I don’t golf, but I do bowl and do the treadmill with no problem
    Can you lift weights?
    *Yes – I do this twice a week
    Can you play softball?
    *Yes – just watch the sliding
    *Yes, yes. – No problems here
    *Yep.
    *I can’t help you here. Mine weren’t good (nonexistent), so I had the inflatable penile implant done with the AUS.

As I’ve mentioned here before, these devices have given me my life back.
    Gone from 6-8 pads a day to barely one.
    My wife loves the implant. It’s always ready and never backs down half way through.

Honest Assessment
    Harvs,
    Thanks so much for your honest assessment. I don't expect everything to be perfect again. I just want to know if all those things that add quality to my life can still be accomplished. Your responses are greatly appreciated.

Lion1
  • lion1
    NM said:

NM
    Good luck on your decision and sometimes changing doctors is a good thing. I know it was for me....Praying in my own way whatever decision you makes gives you peace.

Nick

NM
    Unfortunately, it wasn't the Doctor just the system and the limited access to the doctor. I know that the Doctor was the right choice. Damn the system and the staff who never followed-up.

Thanks for your prayers.

Lion1
  • flyfisherdon
    flyfisherdon Member Posts: 5
    lion1 said:

NM
    Unfortunately, it wasn't the Doctor just the system and the limited access to the doctor. I know that the Doctor was the right choice. Damn the system and the staff who never followed-up.

Thanks for your prayers.

Lion1

AMS800
    I can confirm what Harvs has said, except the split saddle for the bike, mine is on the way as I write,
    Unfortunaely I cannot say the same for the implant as I did not get one, and because of one nerve being removed, only 2% chance of ever getting one normally.
    At the age of 71 and being married for nearly 50 years, not as much of a problem as I thought it would be.
    Don