Arimidex or Femara and Zoloft?

natly15
natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Based on former comments I'm wondering if these meds are compatible. My onc told me that arimidex could cause some depression, and zoloft is used for depression. Appreciate any comments or websites. I'll be starting arimidex or femara in the near future.

Comments

• carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    I think its just the
    I think its just the tamoxifen and SSRI's you have to worry about. I am sure some will weigh in to be sure
  • Balentine
    Balentine Member Posts: 393
    carkris said:

I think its just the
    I think its just the tamoxifen and SSRI's you have to worry about. I am sure some will weigh in to be sure

I just put out a post concerning tamoxifen and ssris
    called 'NED but having concerns about starting tamoxifen'. I am not sure about the arimidex and femara though but make sure you do your research before taking them with ssri's. I know I plan to before I start taking tamoxifen.
    Lorrie
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    carkris said:

I think its just the

I think it is tamoxifen too,
    I think it is tamoxifen too, but, not sure. Best ask your oncologist Natly.

Hugs, Jan
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Hi Natly, I take Zoloft and
    Hi Natly, I take Zoloft and Arimidex and my oncologist has never nixed it. I'll be interested to hear what others have to report. xoxoxoxo Lynn
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    lynn1950 said:

Hi Natly, I take Zoloft and
    Hi Natly, I take Zoloft and Arimidex and my oncologist has never nixed it. I'll be interested to hear what others have to report. xoxoxoxo Lynn

I don't know Natly. Did
    I don't know Natly. Did your oncologist say that it was ok? He should know.
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Onc said the zoloft would
    Onc said the zoloft would help with the arimidex which can cause depression. Certainly dont want depression after all this. I recall seeing some posts a while ago stating that some anti depressants worked negatively with the 5 year pill therapy but couldnt recall exactly which ones. I could look it up online as well. I really like my onc, but do question things.
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Natly, I have been on
    Natly, I have been on Arimidex since January and I have not experienced any depression. As a matter of fact, the only minimal side effect I have is a hot flash. I do mean one hot flash. It usually occurs within a couple of hours of taking the Arimidex. Are you currently on medication for depression?
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    natly15 said:

Onc said the zoloft would
    Onc said the zoloft would help with the arimidex which can cause depression. Certainly dont want depression after all this. I recall seeing some posts a while ago stating that some anti depressants worked negatively with the 5 year pill therapy but couldnt recall exactly which ones. I could look it up online as well. I really like my onc, but do question things.

Wish I could help you Natly,
    Wish I could help you Natly, but, I don't know. Hoping that all goes well for you!

Hugs, Angie