Emend?

waffle8
waffle8 Member Posts: 234
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Still looking for meds to help with the awful nausea..Is emend? a prescription or over counter med? Been on Zofran/compazine/promethazine/ativan.....But no relief sick for about 4 days...But praise God only one Chemo treatment left.......

Comments

• Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    I didn't take chemo waffle,
    I didn't take chemo waffle, but, early congrats on only one chemo treatment left!

Others will be able to answer your questions.
  • sweetvickid
    sweetvickid Member Posts: 459 Member
    prescription
    and it will run you around 100 bucks
  • sweetvickid
    sweetvickid Member Posts: 459 Member
    prescription
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

prescription

I took emend zofran and
    I took emend zofran and decadron at home. the first treatment I was ill, then it got better. Gi was not my best issue, glad you are nearing the end of chemo. yay I did not pay that much Iguess it depends on your insurance.
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    One chemo treatment left?
    One chemo treatment left? So happy for you!

Sorry that you have been so ill.

I don't know about Emend, but, other chemo grads here will post.

Lex♥
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Waffle, emend is not over
    Waffle, emend is not over the counter. It is an RX, expensive but oh so worth it. You take it 3 days in a row. We finally found the right combo for me at my last chemo infusion. It was emend coupled with Kytril. Zofran did nothing for me nor did compazine. Emend alone helped but not completely, the combo of Kytril really did the trick for me. Yes, praise God - one more to go - there is an end and you will feel better in time, a short period of time. :0)
  • greyhoundluvr
    greyhoundluvr Member Posts: 402
    Waffle -
    The eMend worked great for me. I got it IV with my chemo and then took it for two ndays after. The price may depend on your prescription plan - I paid $47 for that and my decadron and then after I met my out of pocket for the year, it didn't cost me anything. Depending upon how good your prescrption coverage is, you may want to check out different pharmacies because I have seen a huge variation in costs mentioned by others on the board. Good luck on the last chemo!
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729

Waffle -
    The eMend worked great for me. I got it IV with my chemo and then took it for two ndays after. The price may depend on your prescription plan - I paid $47 for that and my decadron and then after I met my out of pocket for the year, it didn't cost me anything. Depending upon how good your prescrption coverage is, you may want to check out different pharmacies because I have seen a huge variation in costs mentioned by others on the board. Good luck on the last chemo!

We have found that Costco is
    We have found that Costco is cheaper for some prescription drugs. You don't need a membership to buy pharmacy meds (at least not in Texas).
  • Balentine
    Balentine Member Posts: 393
    Marcia527 said:

We have found that Costco is
    We have found that Costco is cheaper for some prescription drugs. You don't need a membership to buy pharmacy meds (at least not in Texas).

ativan
    They gave me ativan and this really helped. I took once a day 3 days before chemo and then also took it for 3 days after and never got sick.
    Lorrie
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    Dear Waffle,
    All I can say

Dear Waffle,
    All I can say is 2 words......MIRACLE DRUG. At least for me.
    It is prescription in pill form but my chemo ctr also put it in my drip. Very effective.
    Best of luck,
    Wanda
  • GrandmaJ
    GrandmaJ Member Posts: 209

Dear Waffle,
    All I can say

Dear Waffle,
    All I can say is 2 words......MIRACLE DRUG. At least for me.
    It is prescription in pill form but my chemo ctr also put it in my drip. Very effective.
    Best of luck,
    Wanda

EMEND
    Thank God for EMEND...its worth every penny...I was also given Ativan IV during my chemo and Benadryl. Made me very sleepy and relaxed.

Judy