Hair Loss

Snowkitty
Snowkitty Member Posts: 295
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi guys.

I'm perfectly fine with hair loss from chemo. Got a dang sexy wig today. My question is: Will chemo get rid of those 2 stubborn chin hairs? If it does, it's all worth it.

Cindy

Comments

• mwallace1325
    mwallace1325 Member Posts: 806
    It will but. . .
    I swear those were the first hairs to come back, long and strong. I'm still waiting for the last half of my eyebrows but the chin hairs are plucked by my granddaughters like clockwork.
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    I have always heard that all
    I have always heard that all hair goes away. I will pray to the hair gods that the chin hair never returns LOL.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

It will but. . .
    I swear those were the first hairs to come back, long and strong. I'm still waiting for the last half of my eyebrows but the chin hairs are plucked by my granddaughters like clockwork.

I used to have one stubborn
    I used to have one stubborn chin hair, havent seen it since chemo.
  • KayNYC
    KayNYC Member Posts: 495 Member

I have always heard that all
    I have always heard that all hair goes away. I will pray to the hair gods that the chin hair never returns LOL.

no arm pit hair after radiation
    Didn't have chemo but I love that the arm pit hair,on the affected side has not grown back. I wish however the little chin hairs were gone too. Still need to pluck or have threading done to get rid of those stubborn hairs.
    Hugs, K
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    KayNYC said:

no arm pit hair after radiation
    Didn't have chemo but I love that the arm pit hair,on the affected side has not grown back. I wish however the little chin hairs were gone too. Still need to pluck or have threading done to get rid of those stubborn hairs.
    Hugs, K

Cindy .. those stray nasty chin and neck
    hairs will disappear while on chemo, however, all hair grows back.

Yes, I know .. one would think we chemo gals would have the option of getting rid of all facial, leg and arm hair .. just as a gift from the Chemo Gods.

Vicki
  • 2Floridiansisters
    2Floridiansisters Member Posts: 384 Member
    VickiSam said:

Cindy .. those stray nasty chin and neck
    hairs will disappear while on chemo, however, all hair grows back.

Yes, I know .. one would think we chemo gals would have the option of getting rid of all facial, leg and arm hair .. just as a gift from the Chemo Gods.

Vicki

I'm fine with the hair loss too as long as :
    the hair on my head comes back thicker than ever. My hair has been thinning over the past few years, I don't like that at all. The chin and neck hairs I just use tweezers on, I am hoping my eyebrows will come in thicker too, too many years of over-plucking.

Love Ronda
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Love your attitude, Cindy!
    Cancer schmancer -- if chemo saves you some personal grooming time, then huzzah! :-)

I didn't have to go anywhere near my tweezers the entire time I did chemo -- the lower half of my face was smooth as a baby's behind. And my eyebrows didn't fall out, but they didn't grow either -- they just kind of froze in their perfect little shape. It was fabulous.

HOWEVER...while VickiSam seems to think the Chemo Gods bestow gifts -- I say they have a sick sense of humor. The hair on my legs never fell out -- I actually still had to SHAVE MY LEGS all through chemo!

Post a photo of that dang sexy wig when you can -- we can't just take your word for it, we have to see for ourselves!

:-) Traci
  • ms.sunshine
    ms.sunshine Member Posts: 707 Member
    TraciInLA said:

Love your attitude, Cindy!
    Cancer schmancer -- if chemo saves you some personal grooming time, then huzzah! :-)

I didn't have to go anywhere near my tweezers the entire time I did chemo -- the lower half of my face was smooth as a baby's behind. And my eyebrows didn't fall out, but they didn't grow either -- they just kind of froze in their perfect little shape. It was fabulous.

HOWEVER...while VickiSam seems to think the Chemo Gods bestow gifts -- I say they have a sick sense of humor. The hair on my legs never fell out -- I actually still had to SHAVE MY LEGS all through chemo!

Post a photo of that dang sexy wig when you can -- we can't just take your word for it, we have to see for ourselves!

:-) Traci

I lost all hair on my body.
    I lost all hair on my body. Never minded I was to exhausted to wash my hair anyway.
    My hair is coming in so pretty, and soft. My eyelashes are finally even, and eyebrows are thicker.
  • MGNS
    MGNS Member Posts: 197 Member
    Chemo was like Nair...lost
    Chemo was like Nair...lost all body hair except for eyebrows. The first to return were the four stubborn chin hairs, then the army of leg hairs came marching back full force, next came the gray head hairs,and then there are those couple of wild lip hairs...the last hold out are the eyelashes. What a wild experience this has been! Can't wait to see your sexy wig :)
  • MGNS
    MGNS Member Posts: 197 Member
    Chemo was like Nair...lost
    Chemo was like Nair...lost all body hair except for eyebrows. The first to return were the four stubborn chin hairs, then the army of leg hairs came marching back full force, next came the gray head hairs,and then there are those couple of wild lip hairs...the last hold out are the eyelashes. What a wild experience this has been! Can't wait to see your sexy wig :)
  • reeseslover1234
    reeseslover1234 Member Posts: 87
    Hair Loss
    Chemo did cause me to lose ALL hair...temporarily. After chemo, though, the chin hair came back first. Can anybody tell me if the hair on your head came back all at once? I look like I have male pattern baldness. I'm keeping it buzzed short until I know whether or not it's going to stay like this. Also, my eyebrows are like my head, there are some on each side here and there, but wondered if they come in a little at a time. I'm 6 months out from Taxotere and Cytoxin.
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Yes
    You'll be slick as the day you were born. You only had 2?
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member

Hair Loss
    Chemo did cause me to lose ALL hair...temporarily. After chemo, though, the chin hair came back first. Can anybody tell me if the hair on your head came back all at once? I look like I have male pattern baldness. I'm keeping it buzzed short until I know whether or not it's going to stay like this. Also, my eyebrows are like my head, there are some on each side here and there, but wondered if they come in a little at a time. I'm 6 months out from Taxotere and Cytoxin.

Male pattern baldness
    Ah, yes -- I totally had that too, on either side in the front.

I also had Taxotere/Cytoxan, 4 rounds, but my oncologist says I have "resilient hair," because mine started growing back (not much, but still...) around my 4th round.

I had a very short haircut before chemo, and it was pretty much back to normal by about 4 months after finishing chemo. And definitely no more male pattern baldness once it grew back -- I swear, I just walked over to the mirror, pulled my bangs up, and scrutinized by hairline, just to make sure!

Hope the same for you!

Traci