Cold indulgence

sea60
sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
So...not that it has to be Summer to enjoy this cold tastey treat but in celebrating the beginning of the Summer season...what's your favorite flavor of ice cream?

Mine is the good old fashion BANANA SPLIT! I think I'm going to go to the Dairy Queen with my daughter and enjoy one tonight :P

In moderation of course ;)

Blessings,

Sylvia

Comments

• KayNYC
    KayNYC Member Posts: 495 Member
    ice cream favorite
    Love chocolate but peach, pistachio, butter pecan and mango are good too. :)
  • mwallace1325
    mwallace1325 Member Posts: 806
    Baskin
    Baskin Robbins chocolate fudge ice cream with chocolate syrup (not hot fudge) -- Yummmmmm
  • survives
    survives Member Posts: 254 Member

Baskin
    Baskin Robbins chocolate fudge ice cream with chocolate syrup (not hot fudge) -- Yummmmmm

Mine is-------
    plain ole' vanilla. Then I can put whatever I want on it!! OR, I can put it on hot stuff!
  • dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950

Baskin

My new obsession is Skinny
    My new obsession is Skinny Cow 5oz cups...caramel,strawberry,chocolate....it's all soooo good at 150 calories.
  • heidijez
    heidijez Member Posts: 441
    good, real, old fashioned
    good, real, old fashioned frozen custard! there is a fantastic place in our neck of the woods - we practically cry when they close in the fall!
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member

Baskin

I love chocolate chip!
    I love chocolate chip! YUM!

Jan
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Frozen Jello!
    Frozen Jello - just before it's totally solid. Solid is doable but has to thaw just a bit but not really start thawing as it turns of water and thick gelatin.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Rague said:

Frozen Jello!
    Frozen Jello - just before it's totally solid. Solid is doable but has to thaw just a bit but not really start thawing as it turns of water and thick gelatin.

grapenut ice cream
    grapenut ice cream or chocolate with nuts , none of which I can have currently. I'm getting there though.
  • sea60
    Rague said:

Frozen Jello!

Interesting!
    I've never tried frozen jello. Sounds yummy. I'll have to make some for me and my Grandson. Thanks for sharing.
  • Flakey_Flake
    Flakey_Flake Member Posts: 130
    Ice Cream is like Pizza
    Ice cream is like pizza. The more they can put in it, the better it is! I like ice cream with lotsa stuff in it - fudge, strawberries, nuts, cherries; it is like a party in my mouth. The more the better. I just wish I felt I could indulge as often as I want. I have gained so much weight from steroids that I don't feel I should have many indulgences. When I do, there has to be some nutritional value also. I think I am still a very sick woman! lol
  • ms.sunshine
    ms.sunshine Member Posts: 707 Member

Ice Cream is like Pizza
    Ice cream is like pizza. The more they can put in it, the better it is! I like ice cream with lotsa stuff in it - fudge, strawberries, nuts, cherries; it is like a party in my mouth. The more the better. I just wish I felt I could indulge as often as I want. I have gained so much weight from steroids that I don't feel I should have many indulgences. When I do, there has to be some nutritional value also. I think I am still a very sick woman! lol

Rocky Road. I add
    Rocky Road. I add strawberries and/or blueberries cus I have to make it healthy.
  • sea60

Ice Cream is like Pizza

Hang in there friend!
    I too gained weight with all those meds. I looked like a blow fish in my son's wedding pictures but I focused on being there to celebrate that special day and not in how I looked.

I agree with the more you "add on" the better. I love chocolate so anything with that flavor is good.

When you're ready for a little indulence...frozen yogurt is great too. And that's probably a bit healthier for you.

Every now and then I need these posts that talk about things other than what we face daily. Plus I love learning more about the wonderful people here, their travels, favorite flower, foods...etc...

God's blessings and a speedy recovery to you.
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991

Rocky Road. I add
    Rocky Road. I add strawberries and/or blueberries cus I have to make it healthy.

Gotta love rocky road! Want
    Gotta love rocky road! Want some? LOL
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    I have realized that I
    I have realized that I simply don't have a sweet tooth at all~ not even for ice-cream! 30 or so years ago, I used to like the chocolate almond from Baskin Robbins, but I can't come up with a flavor that calls me anymore. Reggie baked fresh homemade gooey chocolate chip cookies last night, and he had them warm with a bowl of french vanilla ice-cream, and I obviously wasn't even interested! I know this because I didn't even know he had baked anything till I saw the cookies in the kitchen this morning!

I did eat two Hershey's Kisses today~ there were 3 little bags in an arrangement of flowers my aunt sent to me!

I need help! LOL LOL

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    chenheart said:

I have realized that I
    I have realized that I simply don't have a sweet tooth at all~ not even for ice-cream! 30 or so years ago, I used to like the chocolate almond from Baskin Robbins, but I can't come up with a flavor that calls me anymore. Reggie baked fresh homemade gooey chocolate chip cookies last night, and he had them warm with a bowl of french vanilla ice-cream, and I obviously wasn't even interested! I know this because I didn't even know he had baked anything till I saw the cookies in the kitchen this morning!

I did eat two Hershey's Kisses today~ there were 3 little bags in an arrangement of flowers my aunt sent to me!

I need help! LOL LOL

Hugs,
    Chen♥

I'm here to help you, Chen!
    ...because I eat enough Ben & Jerry's Phish Food for the BOTH of us!

For the uninitiated, Phish Food is chocolate ice cream with marshmallow swirls, caramel swirls, and little fish-shaped chocolates. I can't even look at another ice cream flavor -- my heart belongs to Phish Food!

Traci
  • BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    dyaneb123 said:

My new obsession is Skinny
    My new obsession is Skinny Cow 5oz cups...caramel,strawberry,chocolate....it's all soooo good at 150 calories.

Have not seen it in cups. Love
    Have not seen it in cups. Love Skinny Cow but mostly eat Sugar Free Vanilla.

Donna